[ANN] nokogiri 1.4.5 Released

Mike Dalessio

Jun 16, 2011, 7:32:49 AM6/16/11
to ruby...@ruby-lang.org, ru...@zenspider.com, nokogiri-talk
Nokogiri 1.4.5 ("Lolwut Edition"), has been released! It's been six months since
the last exciting drop of Nokogiri. We've got a ton of bugfixes that you all
have been waiting desperately for.

Please note, particularly the peeps in JRubyland, that this is scheduled to be
the last point-release on the 1.4 branch. As we announced in June 2010, this
means we're discontinuing support for the FFI+LibXML codebase. It'll be Java all
the way down starting in 1.5.

## NOKOGIRI

Nokogiri (鋸) is an HTML, XML, SAX, and Reader parser.  Among Nokogiri's
many features is the ability to search documents via XPath or CSS3 selectors.

XML is like violence - if it doesn’t solve your problems, you are not using
enough of it.

### CHANGES IN 1.4.5

* New Features

  * Nokogiri::HTML::Document#title accessor gets and sets the document title.
  * extracted sets of Node::SaveOptions into
    Node::SaveOptions::DEFAULT_{X,H,XH}TML (refactor)
  * Raise an exception if a string is passed to
    Nokogiri::XML::Schema#validate. #406

* Bugfixes

  * Node#serialize-and-friends now accepts a SaveOption object as the, erm, save
    object.
  * Nokogiri::CSS::Parser has-a Nokogiri::CSS::Tokenizer
  * [JRUBY+FFI only] Weak references are now threadsafe. #355
  * Make direct start_element() callback (currently used for HTML::SAX::Parser)
    pass attributes in assoc array, just as emulated start_element() callback
    does. #356
  * HTML::SAX::Parser should call back a block given to parse*() if any, just as
    XML::SAX::Parser does.
  * Add further encoding detection to HTML parser that libxml2 does not do.
  * Document#remove_namespaces! now handles attributes with namespaces. #396
  * XSLT::Stylesheet#transform no longer segfaults when handed a
    non-XML::Document. #452
  * XML::Reader no longer segfaults when under GC pressure. #439