Using master with bundler

Kevin Menard

Jan 19, 2011, 11:50:20 AM1/19/11
to nokogi...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm looking to test out a fix in master in a bundler-based project.
I'm at a complete loss how to set this up in bundler though. I guess
I've never tried to install something from git that provides a native
lib and lacks a gemspec. I forked the project and added a gemspec,
but still didn't get anywhere. Has anyone done this before that would
be kind enough to share the steps they took?

Thanks,
Kevin

Aaron Patterson

Jan 19, 2011, 12:09:04 PM1/19/11
to nokogi...@googlegroups.com

The problem is we have build time dependencies (like racc). If you're
able to do `rake` and have the tests run, you should be able to
generate a valid gemspec.

Really what I recommend is to edit lib/nokogiri/version.rb, run `rake
package`, then use the built gem.

Hope that helps!

--
Aaron Patterson