Re: [nogli-news]: Shooting in Mayfield

harbel.necop

Jul 16, 2009, 12:21:30 PM7/16/09
to nogli...@googlegroups.com, Darryl....@baltimorepolice.org, Delmar....@baltimorepolice.org, janelle...@usa.net
Deputy Major DeSousa called me today concerning this incident.  He wanted to share with the community the car the victim was found in was legally parked, and as such, would not draw attention to itself.  The victim was found on the floor in the rear of the passenger compartment, and would not have been noticed unless someone approached the vehicle and looked inside.

The police believe the victim came to harm at another location and the car was driven to where it was found.  The police do not feel this incident relates to any of the communities adjacent to where the car was found.

Mike Hilliard, Director-Community Relations
HARBEL Community Organization, Inc.
5807 Harford Road, Baltimore, MD  21214
Email: harbel...@juno.com
Phone: 410-444-2100, Ext. 1013 /  FAX: 410-426-1140

On Thu, 16 Jul 2009 09:15:27 -0400 Robert Walshe <robert...@gmail.com> writes:
The Baltimore Police just twittered about a Homicide, this time in Mayfield..

"HOMICIDE: 3400 BLK LAKE MONTEBELLO Dr. Adult male victim found shot. Police investigating"

Digital Photography - Click Now.

Shan Abeywickrama

Jul 16, 2009, 3:11:38 PM7/16/09
to harbel.necop, nogli...@googlegroups.com
No disrespect to you Mike but your comment "The police do not feel this incident relates to any of the communities adjacent to where the car was found" mean that we should feel better about this?
Maybe the fact that someone knows this is an unpatrolled area and they can dump a body so easily?
Or maybe the fact that it is another dead body in our neighborhood and we should feel good that there is a possibility he didnt get shot here, like the homicide shooting at Walther and Montebello, or stabbing of the two women etc.
You know, I really dont feel too shocked about this with all the killings in the past six months. I am actually getting quite used to it.  Funny how we sold our house in Patterson Park to come to this !
--
Thanks and Peace
Shan Abeywickrama

sarah woods

Jul 16, 2009, 10:19:00 PM7/16/09
to harbel...@juno.com, nogli...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the info, Mike. It's always helpful to get your inside scoop from the police.

I still feel like I live in a relatively safe neighborhood of the city, and I love living here.

Sarah

To: nogli...@googlegroups.com
CC: Darryl....@BaltimorePolice.org; Delmar....@BaltimorePolice.org; janelle...@usa.net
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 12:21:30 -0400
Subject: [nogli-news]: Re: Shooting in Mayfield
From: harbel...@juno.com

Robert Walshe

Jul 17, 2009, 7:54:16 AM7/17/09
to sarah woods, harbel...@juno.com, nogli...@googlegroups.com
I agree, the neighborhood feels safe to me as well.   I think it's also worth noting, in comparison, the problems the county has been having this week:

On Wednesday:
  • Someone was shot at Starwood Court near Senaca Elementary School in Essex
  • A man was shot near the Royal Farms by Philadelphia Road and Rossville Blvd
  • Two Men were shot in Woodlawn on Lord Baltimore Drive
Last night a man was shot to death at the liquor store at Putty Hill Plaza Shopping Center by Rossville Blvd and Belair Rd.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/baltimore-county/bal-balto-co-shootings-0715,0,1410980.story

Shan Abeywickrama

Jul 17, 2009, 8:14:23 AM7/17/09
to Robert Walshe, sarah woods, harbel...@juno.com, nogli...@googlegroups.com
I apologize to the group and to Mike Hilliard about my email overreacting to the situation.

kastafford

Jul 17, 2009, 4:25:30 PM7/17/09
to nogli-news
I actually think Shan raised a point worth considering at least.
Increased police patrols, as we have asked for, could possibly
mitigate people seeing our neighborhoods as reasonable locations to
either flee after a crime or hide the evidence of their crime.

Saying "well at least this person was not actually shot in our
neighborhood, just found here", leaves me feeling a little queasier
than I am comfortable with.

Either way I continue to be saddened and concerned by the high number
of violence related deaths in this city, whether they occur in my back
yard or not.

Respectfully,

Kristen

On Jul 17, 8:14 am, Shan Abeywickrama <shana...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I apologize to the group and to Mike Hilliard about my email overreacting to
> the situation.
>
> On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 7:54 AM, Robert Walshe <robert.wal...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

> > I agree, the neighborhood feels safe to me as well.   I think it's also
> > worth noting, in comparison, the problems the county has been having this
> > week:
>
> > On Wednesday:
>
> >    - Someone was shot at Starwood Court near Senaca Elementary School in
> >    Essex
> >    - A man was shot near the Royal Farms by Philadelphia Road and
> >    Rossville Blvd
> >    - Two Men were shot in Woodlawn on Lord Baltimore Drive
>
> > Last night a man was shot to death at the liquor store at Putty Hill Plaza
> > Shopping Center by Rossville Blvd and Belair Rd.

> >http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/bal-md.briefs172jul17,0,209...
>
> >http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/baltimore-county/bal-balto-...
>
> > On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 10:19 PM, sarah woods <sarah_louis...@msn.com>wrote:
>
> >> Thanks for the info, Mike. It's always helpful to get your inside scoop
> >> from the police.
>
> >> I still feel like I live in a relatively safe neighborhood of the city,
> >> and I love living here.
>
> >> Sarah
>
> >> ------------------------------
> >> To: nogli...@googlegroups.com
> >> CC: Darryl.DeSo...@BaltimorePolice.org;
> >> Delmar.Dick...@BaltimorePolice.org; janellecous...@usa.net
> >> Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 12:21:30 -0400
> >> Subject: [nogli-news]: Re: Shooting in Mayfield
> >> From: harbel.ne...@juno.com
>
> >> Deputy Major DeSousa called me today concerning this incident.  He wanted
> >> to share with the community the car the victim was found in was legally
> >> parked, and as such, would not draw attention to itself.  The victim was
> >> found on the floor in the rear of the passenger compartment, and would not
> >> have been noticed unless someone approached the vehicle and looked inside.
>
> >> The police believe the victim came to harm at another location and the car
> >> was driven to where it was found.  The police do not feel this incident
> >> relates to any of the communities adjacent to where the car was found.
>
> >> Mike Hilliard, Director-Community Relations
> >> HARBEL Community Organization, Inc.
> >> 5807 Harford Road, Baltimore, MD  21214
> >> Email: harbel.ne...@juno.com
> >> Phone: 410-444-2100, Ext. 1013 /  FAX: 410-426-1140
>
> >> On Thu, 16 Jul 2009 09:15:27 -0400 Robert Walshe <robert.wal...@gmail.com>

Robert Walshe

Jul 17, 2009, 9:45:11 PM7/17/09
to kastafford, nogli-news
More information was released on the incident, it has been ruled a homicide with the cause of death being multiple gunshots.  The victim's name was Diandre Laron Cherryn of the 1700 block of Homestead St down by Clifton Park.  He had been dead for days before being discovered.  No word yet exactly where he met his fate though.

LINDA K BROWN

Jul 18, 2009, 10:14:53 AM7/18/09
to kastafford, Robert Walshe, nogli-news
Most probably drug related.
L. Brown