What is data storage solution for app hosted in nodester?

Mo Cheng

Jan 27, 2012, 10:22:02 PM1/27/12
to node...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm new to nodester. It is sweat!

But, I soon find that, without database, my app cannot do anything valuable. So, what's solution for app on nodester to store persistent data?

Thanks,
-Morgan

Bret

Jan 27, 2012, 10:29:03 PM1/27/12
to nodester
You will need an external database. Mongolab.com gives you 240megs of
free space for a mongodb database. Install mongoose via npm and open
an account on mongolab. Once you create your database you will see a
connect string to use for mongoose.connect. Works fine with nodester.

e.g.
var mongoose = require('mongoose');
var db = mongoose.connect('mongodb://
username:pass...@ds029807.mongolab.com:29807/your_database_name');

// define model
// create a record and do something.

Mo Cheng

Jan 27, 2012, 10:38:51 PM1/27/12
to node...@googlegroups.com
Thank you so much.

Seems there are multiple free database cloud available including redis http://redis4you.com/

Regards,
-Morgan

Michael Hausenblas

Jan 28, 2012, 10:17:59 AM1/28/12
to node...@googlegroups.com
FWIW, I'm using a NoSQL/GraphDB called Dydra [1] - usage see in [2].

HTH,

Chris Matthieu

Jan 28, 2012, 10:27:23 AM1/28/12
to node...@googlegroups.com
We have had really great experiences with the following DBaaS solutions on Nodester:

MongoHQ
IrisCouch
RedisToGo

Regards,