Chromium debugger in Eclipse

hsimon

Aug 31, 2011, 8:02:37 AM8/31/11
to nodejs
Hi,

I updated on Eclipse 3.6 (Helious) the Cromium JavaScript Remote
Debuger up to latest version (0.3.0.201108190405). Unfortunately it
wants not to work at all (java.lang.NullPointerException).The node.js
(0.4.9) is running and listen on port 5858.
I don't understand what is the reason. I even tried to install the
clean Eclipse and did the setup here - the same result:(
Before, I have used Cromium JavaScript Remote Debuger (version
0.2.2.20110...) and it worked perfectly. but after update I got
dramatic situation. Can somebody help me and advise where could be a
reason and how it could be resolve.

Thank you,

Simon

hsimon

Aug 31, 2011, 8:26:55 AM8/31/11
to nodejs
I have found one interesting dependency - when I am installing the
Chromium JavaScript Remote Debugger alone - it working properly, but
when I add VJET JavaScript IDE (https://www.ebayopensource.org/wiki/
display/VJET) debugger wants not work!!!

Simon

telamohn

Aug 31, 2011, 6:04:30 PM8/31/11
to nod...@googlegroups.com
I suspect is has to do with the fact that VJET has it's own JavaScript engine, Whereas node uses Google V8-engine.
You cannot run java script that depends on native Node.JS function calls or libraries.
I'm not quite sure what VJET does but i guess it's not entirely impossible for a JS-engine collision to occur in Eclipse.