[nodejs] Enhanced API Browser for node.JS

Jan Schütze

Apr 24, 2010, 7:11:54 AM4/24/10
to nod...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I enhanced the api browser of node.JS a bit. I added a live filter box
in the upper left corner, which filters all the api content and shows
only the content, which matches your text.

The original blogpost [1] and of course a live demo [2] is available.

Like the node.JS' original doc.js it uses jQuery and works 100% client
side. It's just a replacement for the doc.js-file. Source is also on
github.

Comments?

Have fun coding,
Draco

[1] http://dracoblue.net/dev/enhanced-api-browser-for-nodejs/168/
[2] http://dracoblue.net/showcase/enhanced-node-api/

Marco Rogers

Apr 24, 2010, 10:39:20 AM4/24/10
to nodejs
Nice. I'm a fan of this. A few suggestions:

1) Add a button to quickly clear the current filter
2) Add a keyboard shortcut to focus the input field and select all
text
3) Bonus points for a keyboard shortcut to clear the filter

Jan Schütze

Apr 24, 2010, 12:14:10 PM4/24/10
to nod...@googlegroups.com
Currently the implementation of 2+3 lacks a suggestion for which key
to choose? ;)
--

http://dracoblue.net

Jan Schütze

Apr 24, 2010, 1:12:29 PM4/24/10
to nod...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the comment & Ideas ;)

So here are some updates:
- bug with scrolling to the correct entry, fixed #1
- search field has focus as soon as you open the page
- f-key jumps right into the search field and selects all content
- f+shift-combo jumps right into the search field and clears the contents
- X-Button clears the search field

Have fun!