Vim Plugins for JS Devs [Was: Node.js IDE review]

Scott Elcomb

Jun 7, 2011, 9:46:54 AM6/7/11
to nod...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 3:31 AM, alessio_alex <alessio...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm also using VIM, it's got everything one needs. For example I have
> a nice JSLint plugin that show me all my errors underlined, I have a
> 80 column visual delimiter, autocomplete for JavaScript functions,
> autocomplete with existing words in the document, etc.

I've seen several references in the IDE thread to vim plugins that
devs are using. Just wondering if we could collect links to some of
the more useful ones here?

The only plugin I'm currently using is a variant of the Align plugin:
<http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=294>

--
  Scott Elcomb
  @psema4 on Twitter / Identi.ca

  Atomic OS: Self Contained Microsystems
  http://code.google.com/p/atomos/

  Clerk of the Pirate Party of Canada
  http://www.pirateparty.ca/

wavded

Jun 7, 2011, 11:10:13 AM6/7/11
to nod...@googlegroups.com
used align but then switched to tabular - http://vimcasts.org/episodes/aligning-text-with-tabular-vim/

Bas Dirks

Jun 7, 2011, 1:14:03 PM6/7/11
to nod...@googlegroups.com

alessio_alex

Jun 8, 2011, 3:23:42 AM6/8/11
to nodejs
Here are some plugins I use (I also use php plugins & rails plugins):

BufOnly
CloseTag/
ColorSamplerPack/
FuzzyFinder/
copypath/
matchit/
taglist/
tidy/
web-indent/
EasyMotion/
JSLint/
NERD_Tree/
delimitMate/
fugitive/
snipMate/
surround/
tComment/
zencoding/

You can see all my config here: https://github.com/alessioalex/dotfiles
I use pathogen for my plugin management and I have a really well
structured vimrc file (I was almost paranoic about this - I've joked
about it and said it's MVC).

Floby

Jun 8, 2011, 4:27:30 AM6/8/11
to nodejs
Hi, I thought it'd be nice to create a wiki page with this stuff.
Here you go https://github.com/joyent/node/wiki/Vim-Plugins (posted
mine here)

victorkane

Jun 9, 2011, 3:00:45 PM6/9/11
to nodejs
So I published my notes on actually setting up a node useful vim
plugin environment on my MacBook Pro (same as Linux/Ubuntu):

"Simple Vim plugin management for Javascript development" -
http://awebfactory.com.ar/node/471

Hopefully it will be of some use to somebody, in a "so how do I
actually do this" mode.

Victor Kane
http://awebfactory.com.ar

Evgeny Bogdanov