Node v0.2.0

r...@tinyclouds.org

Aug 20, 2010, 5:05:44 AM8/20/10
to nodejs
2010.08.20, Version 0.2.0

* process.title support for FreeBSD, Macintosh, Linux

* Fix OpenSSL 100% CPU usage on error (Illarionov Oleg)

* Implement net.Server.maxConnections.

* Fix process.platform, add process.version.

* Add --without-snapshot configure option.

* Readline REPL improvements (Trent Mick)

* Bug fixes.

* Upgrade V8 to 2.3.8

Download: http://nodejs.org/dist/node-v0.2.0.tar.gz

Website: http://nodejs.org/docs/v0.2.0/

Documentation: http://nodejs.org/docs/v0.2.0/api.html

Serge in Darkness

Aug 20, 2010, 5:20:05 AM8/20/10
to nodejs
Finally :) So, it's officiall API freeze?

Micheil Smith

Aug 20, 2010, 5:21:28 AM8/20/10
to nod...@googlegroups.com
Freezing the API would be kinda silly (for any project), but the API has been
considered stable for quite a while now.

Yours,
Micheil Smith
--
BrandedCode.com

Christian Scholz

Aug 20, 2010, 5:27:35 AM8/20/10
to nod...@googlegroups.com
Congrats from me, too!

Am 20.08.10 11:21, schrieb Micheil Smith:

> Freezing the API would be kinda silly (for any project), but the API has been
> considered stable for quite a while now.

The question might be for how long it's frozen, e.g. if it is for 0.2.x
At least at some point it would be good to know how safe it is to
upgrade to whatever minor version without having to touch API calls.

-- Christian

--
Christian Scholz Homepage: http://comlounge.net
COM.lounge GmbH http://mrtopf.de/blog

Podcasts:
Der OpenWeb-Podcast (http://openwebpodcast.de)
Data Without Borders (http://datawithoutborders.net)
Politisches: http://politfunk.de/
Technical: http://comlounge.tv/

r...@tinyclouds.org

Aug 20, 2010, 5:29:04 AM8/20/10
to nod...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 2:20 AM, Serge in Darkness
<bolte...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Finally :) So, it's officiall API freeze?

It's a reasonable approximation of the API I'm aiming for - I'm
willing to support a "stable" branch now. I'll be extra careful about
interface changes on 0.2 - I am for zero - mostly it will be bug fixes
and performance improvements.

A new 0.3 development branch will not be far in the future.

r...@tinyclouds.org

Aug 20, 2010, 5:30:11 AM8/20/10
to nod...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 2:27 AM, Christian Scholz <c...@comlounge.net> wrote:
> Congrats from me, too!
>
> Am 20.08.10 11:21, schrieb Micheil Smith:
>> Freezing the API would be kinda silly (for any project), but the API has been
>> considered stable for quite a while now.
>
> The question might be for how long it's frozen, e.g. if it is for 0.2.x
> At least at some point it would be good to know how safe it is to
> upgrade to whatever minor version without having to touch API calls.

I will attempt to make it safe to upgrade blindly on 0.2.x.

Christian Scholz

Aug 20, 2010, 5:36:57 AM8/20/10
to nod...@googlegroups.com
Am 20.08.10 11:30, schrieb r...@tinyclouds.org:

Sounds good, thanks for the great work!

-- Christian

Serge in Darkness

Aug 20, 2010, 5:38:48 AM8/20/10
to nodejs
That's what I had in mind :) Congrats on 0.2 release :)

Kenny Shen

Aug 20, 2010, 6:46:12 AM8/20/10
to nod...@googlegroups.com
awesome, congrats!

Kenny Shen
Web Developer
M: +65 91521542
W: www.northpole.sg
"The union of the mathematician with the poet, fervor with measure, passion with correctness, this surely is the ideal."
- William James

sveisvei

Aug 20, 2010, 7:08:14 AM8/20/10
to nodejs
Hurray! Cheers to node.js!

fabian...@googlemail.com

Aug 20, 2010, 7:48:16 AM8/20/10
to nodejs
Will the "stable" branch be binary compatible for extension modules or
do I have to recompile them for 0.2.x releases?

Best Fabian

On 20 Aug., 11:29, r...@tinyclouds.org wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 2:20 AM, Serge in Darkness

Ohad

Aug 20, 2010, 8:29:09 AM8/20/10
to nodejs
Mazal Tov! :-)

r...@tinyclouds.org

Aug 20, 2010, 11:59:01 AM8/20/10
to nod...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 4:48 AM, fabian...@googlemail.com
<fabian...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Will the "stable" branch be binary compatible for extension modules or
> do I have to recompile them for 0.2.x releases?

I will attempt to binary compatible. This is a good hard goal for 0.4
- but let's see how well we can do in 0.2.

C++ yey! :-/

Mikeal Rogers

Aug 20, 2010, 12:44:22 PM8/20/10
to nod...@googlegroups.com
If I don't have to update all my libraries for the latest node version how am I suppose to spend my Mondays?

Corey Hart

Aug 20, 2010, 1:02:19 PM8/20/10
to nodejs
Congrats!

Isaac Schlueter

Aug 20, 2010, 1:23:01 PM8/20/10
to nod...@googlegroups.com
Still planning on accepting those stdio module patches I sent a while
back? Or is that going to be in 0.3.x?

--i

r...@tinyclouds.org

Aug 20, 2010, 1:24:08 PM8/20/10
to nod...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 10:23 AM, Isaac Schlueter <i...@izs.me> wrote:
> Still planning on accepting those stdio module patches I sent a while
> back?  Or is that going to be in 0.3.x?

That'll be 0.3 - which is not so distant.

Isaac Schlueter

Aug 20, 2010, 1:27:44 PM8/20/10
to nod...@googlegroups.com
Cool. I think it'll be nice to have some kinda-stable milestones like
this with just bugfixes, and another branch to do experiments on.

--i

Elijah Insua

Aug 20, 2010, 1:37:44 PM8/20/10
to nod...@googlegroups.com