[ANN] node-facebook-client 1.0.0

Jan Schütze

Oct 5, 2010, 4:50:29 PM10/5/10
to nod...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

today I finished packaging the node-facebook-client 1.0.0.

While releasing this, I am just aware of an old version at
node-facebook [3] and the stub
called facebook-connect [4] . I decided to role my own, because both
of them did not
have all functions necessary for my use cases in a reusable way or a
very limited set of
functions.

That's why the first version of node-facebook-client 1.0.0 contains
the functions necessary to:
- do signed and unsigned requests
- graph api
- rest api
- generate a session from an
- accesstoken
- code+redirect_uri (oauth 2.0)
- ... or by using a session-key (facebook connect)
- validate a signature from facebook
- sign a request for facebook

An example and the source code can be found at the official github [1]
page of node-facebook-client.
Alternatively you can download node-facebook-client 1.0.0 at
dracoblue.net [2] or install it by using
npm:

npm install facebook-client

It should work with any nodejs version after 0.2.0. I am using this
library for http://spludo.com to handle authentication against
facebook connect and for 2 other projects.

Comments and patches appreciated as usual!

- Jan

PS: There is also an rss feed for updates:
http://dracoblue.net/c/node-facebook-client/feed/

[1]: http://github.com/DracoBlue/node-facebook-client
[2]: http://dracoblue.net/download/nodefacebookclient-100/63/
[3]: http://github.com/dominiek/node-facebook