[nodejs] zztmmo - a massive multiplayer version of the classic zzt game engine built in node.js and jQuery

Marak Squires

May 6, 2010, 4:26:36 AM5/6/10
to nod...@googlegroups.com
hello internet friends -

i've been working with ryan[win] and nefD a bit and we have begun a neat little project, zztmmo (pronounced zit-moe).

zztmmo is a massive multiplayer game built in the style of the classic zzt dos gaming engine ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZZT )

check out the repo and let me know what you think : http://github.com/marak/zztmmo

there is also an online demo @ http://zzt.nodejitsu.com/

we are still in the early development phases of a lot of the backend work such as tile servers, websockets. contributors would be welcome!

fork the repo, we accept pull requests!

-marak

Louis-Rémi Babé

May 6, 2010, 6:20:49 AM5/6/10
to nodejs
The online demo doesn't seem to be working

Marak Squires

May 6, 2010, 6:25:23 AM5/6/10
to nod...@googlegroups.com
ive been having issue with it all morning, i think there is a problem in antinode. this only started to happen due to a shit ton of traffic. im working on  a solution now.

Marak Squires

May 6, 2010, 6:25:36 AM5/6/10
to nod...@googlegroups.com
(if you cant load the page try again a few seconds later)

Marak Squires

May 6, 2010, 6:59:53 AM5/6/10
to nod...@googlegroups.com
upgraded to node 1.93 from 1.92 and it seems to be working...... either way, you can also clone the repo and start it locally with no configuration.

:-)