Character encoding...?

ysaw

Nov 10, 2009, 2:01:39 AM11/10/09
to nodejs
Hey all,

I'm writing an app, and it depends on having utf8 encoding in the HTTP
response. Trouble is I must be doing something wrong, because I am
getting illegal output. Safari show an error and firefox give me some
exiting mojibake. Is this user error? Or am I just too used to apache
handling this stuff for me?

Test case: http://pastie.textmate.org/691519

> curl "http://localhost:8000/" --trace t.txt

curl: (56) Received problem 3 in the chunky parser

curl trace output: http://pastie.textmate.org/691518

Ryan Dahl

Nov 10, 2009, 4:26:22 AM11/10/09
to nod...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 8:01 AM, ysaw <goo...@stephenwoods.net> wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> I'm writing an app, and it depends on having utf8 encoding in the HTTP
> response. Trouble is I must be doing something wrong, because I am
> getting illegal output. Safari show an error and firefox give me some
> exiting mojibake. Is this user error? Or am I just too used to apache
> handling this stuff for me?

You've found a bug. I'll get back to you soon.

ysaw

Nov 10, 2009, 3:39:26 PM11/10/09
to nodejs
Cool, glad to know I'm not going crazy.