Renaming posix to fs

alx

Feb 12, 2010, 9:32:19 AM2/12/10
to nodejs
Followed the latest commits on the node github repository and
wondering why this change was made?

cheers
alx

Gabriel Farrell

Feb 12, 2010, 11:28:12 AM2/12/10
to nod...@googlegroups.com
I'm guessing it's due to movements in that direction in CommonJS.
http://wiki.commonjs.org/wiki/CommonJS

Ryan, looks like the fs.js file didn't make it into that commit.

Ryan Dahl

Feb 12, 2010, 11:57:03 AM2/12/10
to nod...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 9:32 AM, alx <a.si...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Followed the latest commits on the node github repository and
> wondering why this change was made?

posix is too long and not descriptive enough. The commit is part of a
larger scheme to reorganize the file system functions.

On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 8:28 AM, Gabriel Farrell <gsf...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm guessing it's due to movements in that direction in CommonJS.
> http://wiki.commonjs.org/wiki/CommonJS

Not really.

> Ryan, looks like the fs.js file didn't make it into that commit.

'fs' is an internal module.

Gabriel Farrell

Feb 12, 2010, 12:19:30 PM2/12/10
to nod...@googlegroups.com

Ah, now I get it. +1 on shorter and more descriptive.