Node v0.2.4

Ryan Dahl

Oct 24, 2010, 6:13:45 PM10/24/10
to nodejs, nodejs-dev
2010.10.24, Version 0.2.4

* Add --eval to command line options (TJ Holowaychuk)

* net fixes
- TCP clients buffer writes before connection
- Don't flush net writeQueue on end() if its still connecting
(Joshua Peek)
- Do not spin on aceept() with EMFILE

* Add --max-stack-size flag. (Tom Hughes)

* Fixes to child_process.exec (timeouts and proper termination)
Default to SIGTERM instead of SIGKILL.

* Add signal handlers so we clean up before exiting. (Tom Hughes)

Download: http://nodejs.org/dist/node-v0.2.4.tar.gz

Website: http://nodejs.org/docs/v0.2.4/

Documentation: http://nodejs.org/docs/v0.2.4/api.html

rtweed

Oct 28, 2010, 1:29:35 PM10/28/10
to nodejs
Just a suggestion - could http://nodejs.org/dist/node-latest.tar.gz be
maintained as a matter of course to hold a copy of the latest stable
build? It currently seems to contain 0.2.1 judging by the date (10
Sep). It would be great to have a single named file that you could
guarantee you get the latest, eg for automated systems, installers etc

Rob

Ryan Dahl

Oct 28, 2010, 1:34:23 PM10/28/10
to nod...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 10:29 AM, rtweed <rob....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Just a suggestion - could http://nodejs.org/dist/node-latest.tar.gz be
> maintained as a matter of course to hold a copy of the latest stable
> build?  It currently seems to contain 0.2.1 judging by the date (10
> Sep).  It would be great to have a single named file that you could
> guarantee you get the latest, eg for automated systems, installers etc

Sure. Updated.

Stephen Belanger

Oct 28, 2010, 1:40:30 PM10/28/10
to nod...@googlegroups.com
I don't think automating node upgrades is particularly safe quite yet...

rtweed

Oct 28, 2010, 3:32:25 PM10/28/10
to nodejs
Thanks Ryan!

Stephen Belanger

Oct 28, 2010, 4:05:30 PM10/28/10
to nod...@googlegroups.com
Perhaps we could have a "latest" archive for each major release like this;

That way it only auto upgrades to the same major release to avoid core API changes that break your system, you'd just get bugfixes as they roll out.

Trent Mick

Oct 29, 2010, 2:02:29 PM10/29/10
to nod...@googlegroups.com
Stephen,

You could script that by parsing the HTML from http://nodejs.org/dist/
fairly easily. Not the most robust system, tho, I'll grant.

Could also have a releases.json or something like that that gave those
details in a more structured format. Don't want to overdesign the
release process tho.

Trent

--
Trent Mick

Stephen Belanger

Oct 29, 2010, 2:09:01 PM10/29/10
to nod...@googlegroups.com
I don't really need it myself, just making suggestions that'd help the other guy. I try to avoid automated upgrades on unstable systems. ;)