Error running node: axconfig: port 1 not active

Justin Donato

Mar 11, 2010, 2:26:15 PM3/11/10
to nod...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I just installed Node and I'm trying to run the example.js code from
the README. Whenever I try to run node I get the messages:
axconfig: port 1 not active
axconfig: port 2 not active

I've tried installing from the ubuntu apt-get repo and also buildling
the source and I get the same results. I googled around, but the
results aren't helpful to me. Any thoughts?

Thanks

justind

Mar 11, 2010, 2:35:35 PM3/11/10
to nodejs
Oops. Sorry about that. I just realized that apt-get install node
installs some other software, not node.js, and it must be stepping
over the node.js command. Serves me right for being lazy.

Carry on.

Marak Squires

Mar 11, 2010, 2:55:57 PM3/11/10
to nod...@googlegroups.com
Would it make sense to get the node package linked up to apt-get and yum etc?

Gabriel Farrell

Mar 11, 2010, 4:54:56 PM3/11/10
to nod...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 2:55 PM, Marak Squires <marak....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Would it make sense to get the node package linked up to apt-get and yum
> etc?

Jérémy Lal has been maintaining a Debian package. See
http://groups.google.com/group/nodejs/browse_thread/thread/80afec2e4ae3a165/07572a85c4173232