mysql/nodejs/felix load data infile non winning

gotrich

May 5, 2011, 11:40:04 AM5/5/11
to nodejs
Not sure where to post this, but it's an odd issue that my mysql
debugging skills are not up to the challenge.

Doing a big "load data infile" using the felixge drivers works
flawlessly on my osx10.6/mysql5.1 setup. Winning.

Now, switching to my Ubuntu stack, any query that does a "load data
infile" just hangs forever, but everything else works (ie, other
queries, inserts,etc). This is what processlist shows on mysql at the
time. I'm perplexed since the mysql cli runs the same query fine (.04
seconds) as does a python script using mysqldb.

| 12388 | root | localhost:50873 | media | Query | 24 | Reading
from net | load data local infile '/home/ingestion/infiles/351/
media_label.txt' into table media_labe |

Ideas on what would cause this command to just hang (forever, ie 7
hours). The code is basic:

client.query("load data local infile '/home/ingestion/infiles/351/
media_label.txt' into table media_label fields terminated by
'\t';",function(err){
});

Rich

mscdex

Jun 6, 2012, 1:40:46 AM6/6/12
to nodejs
On Jun 5, 3:41 pm, Sean Dy <sean100...@gmail.com> wrote:
> did you find a solution to this? I'm having problems getting "load data
> local infile" even on a small dataset. with felixge. with a fedora/mysql
> setup :(

This should be working in v2.x/master: npm install
https://github.com/felixge/node-mysql/tarball/master