LAMPP (PHP/Perl) Position open in Cool Springs

Steve

Dec 6, 2010, 2:43:12 PM12/6/10
to NLUG
Franklin American Mortgage is looking to hire a new PHP/Perl developer
to join our team. This position is for the Cool Springs area office,
and NOT a telecommute job. We are the 14th largest
mortgage company in the country currently and privately held with only
1 owner. We are a heavy Open Source shop running over 350 servers in
35+ locations. We mostly run Linux and Windows servers, 75-80% of
which are Linux. The IT staff is over 70 employees including a large
in-house development dept.

Job Description:

We're not looking for a traditional "php sweatshop" type of developer.
We're looking for a semi-jack of all trades who can write frontend
pages, small apps, scripts, etc to make the lives of sysops, helpdesk,
qa, etc better.

Those applying should be able to think outside of the box to "hack"
together solutions (sometimes) to make a solution work for us.

Some examples of existing projects include:
Perl script to catch emails being sent to our ticketing system and
create the ticket via a soap interface instead of the built in pop3
scanning process.
PHP frontend to manage development builds and deploy them to the
correct server.
PHP frontend to being in multiple nodes into 1 page (i frames) and
allow login to all nodes from 1 page (and display load times)
PHP Frontend to manage new users (AD/LDAP), add to voip system,
allocate faxes, etc

Future projects and responsibilities include:
Maintaining the existing code base and adding new functionality.
Combining some of the custom apps into a central interface and
building ACLs around it.
Configuring, monitoring our apache single servers and clusters.

Basic MySQL is expected, but actual administration is not.

Salary is DOE/Market, please send inquires to
itj...@franklinamerican.com