Anyone looking for a Senior level Linux guy?

Tim Sheets

Mar 18, 2011, 8:46:30 PM3/18/11
to nlug...@googlegroups.com
I'll leave it at that.  Email me with any interest.

Thanks all,

Tim

Rick Bradley

Mar 22, 2011, 3:47:09 PM3/22/11
to nlug...@googlegroups.com, Tim Sheets
I keep seeing billboards for hostgator.

(http://osdir.com/ml/nlug-talk/2011-01/msg00121.html)

Rick

JMJ

Mar 22, 2011, 4:25:16 PM3/22/11
to nlug...@googlegroups.com
On 03/22/2011 02:47 PM, Rick Bradley wrote:
> I keep seeing billboards for hostgator.
>
> (http://osdir.com/ml/nlug-talk/2011-01/msg00121.html)

The last time I checked, they have offices in Houston and Austin... but
not Nashville.

JMJ

Kevin Eldridge

Mar 22, 2011, 4:43:16 PM3/22/11
to nlug...@googlegroups.com

You are correct. No offices in the Nashville area.

jo...@jfeldredge.com

Mar 22, 2011, 4:48:22 PM3/22/11
to NLUG mailing list
I would recommend looking at Unix jobs as well as Linux jobs. The skill sets are pretty close, and, as of the last I heard, there were a number of Unix positions available in the Nashville area.

On Mar 22, 2011 3:23 PM, "JMJ" <road...@gmail.com <mailto:road...@gmail.com> > wrote:

> On 03/22/2011 02:47 PM, Rick Bradley wrote:
>>
>> I keep seeing billboards for hostgator.
>>
>>    (http://osdir.com/ml/nlug-talk/2011-01/msg00121.html)
>

> The last time I checked, they have offices in Houston and Austin... but not Nashville.
>
> JMJ
>
> --

John F. Eldredge -- jo...@jfeldredge.com

Andrew Farnsworth

Mar 22, 2011, 5:32:21 PM3/22/11
to nlug...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 4:48 PM, <jo...@jfeldredge.com> wrote:
> I would recommend looking at Unix jobs as well as Linux jobs.  The skill sets are pretty close, and, as of the last I heard, there were a number of Unix positions available in the Nashville area.

I would second this. Also, if you haven't, it is worth expanding your
skillset to include multiple flavors of *nix. Solaris, AIX (Yep,
still in use), HP-UX (ok, not so much) etc etc. If nothing else, it
will keep you from being surprised when you do have to use any of
these systems. It also opens doors.

Andy