Source code repository: Gingerbread (update)

Alexey Roslyakov

Mar 13, 2011, 10:34:36 AM3/13/11
to nitdroid
Previous version (FroYo): http://groups.google.com/group/nitdroid/browse_thread/thread/88621f5f8e715326

Command sequence is modified a bit:

mkdir nitdroid
cd nitdroid
repo init -u git://gitorious.org/android-n900/nitdroid_platform_manifest.git
-b gingerbread
repo sync

After some period of time (depends on your internet connection
speed:) ) you would be able to build NITDroid:

source build/envsetup.sh
lunch n900-userdebug
make -j <num_of_cpu_cores+1>

Enjoy!:)

Amit Pundir

Mar 13, 2011, 11:29:28 PM3/13/11
to nitd...@googlegroups.com, Alexey Roslyakov
Got this error while building gingerbread:

target thumb C++: libcameraservice <=
frameworks/base/services/camera/libcameraservice/CameraService.cpp
make: *** No rule to make target
`out/target/product/n900/obj/lib/libcamera.so', needed by
`out/target/product/n900/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libcameraservice_intermediates/LINKED/libcameraservice.so'.
Stop.

Regards,
Amit Pundir

Amit Pundir

Mar 14, 2011, 1:43:29 AM3/14/11
to nitd...@googlegroups.com, Alexey Roslyakov
I couldn't find camera HAL support in the sources as well. Shouldn't
we be building Gingerbread with "USE_CAMERA_STUB := true"?

Regards,
Amit Pundir

Alexey Roslyakov

Mar 15, 2011, 7:30:23 AM3/15/11
to nitdroid
Yes, accidentionally commited by me after experiments with camera hal.

On 14 мар, 08:43, Amit Pundir <pundira...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I couldn't find camera HAL support in the sources as well. Shouldn't
> we be building Gingerbread with "USE_CAMERA_STUB := true"?
>
> Regards,
> Amit Pundir
>

> On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 8:59 AM, Amit Pundir <pundira...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Got this error while building gingerbread:
>
> > target thumb C++: libcameraservice <=
> > frameworks/base/services/camera/libcameraservice/CameraService.cpp
> > make: *** No rule to make target
> > `out/target/product/n900/obj/lib/libcamera.so', needed by
> > `out/target/product/n900/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libcameraservice_intermediate s/LINKED/libcameraservice.so'.
> >  Stop.
>
> > Regards,
> > Amit Pundir
>
> > On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 8:04 PM, Alexey Roslyakov
> > <alexey.roslya...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Previous version (FroYo):http://groups.google.com/group/nitdroid/browse_thread/thread/88621f5f...

Amit Pundir

Mar 18, 2011, 3:55:25 AM3/18/11
to nitd...@googlegroups.com, Alexey Roslyakov
I got the gingerbread built from gitorious repo.
Is there any pre-defined procedure to flash/copy the images/rootfs?
Does this rootfs contain SGX binaries as well or do I need to build
them separately?
Also should I be using the Foryo kernel only at the moment?

Alexey Roslyakov

Mar 18, 2011, 6:47:57 PM3/18/11
to nitdroid
> Is there any pre-defined procedure to flash/copy the images/rootfs?
cd out/target/product/n900/system/
adb sync

Obviously, you should run Nitdroid to make sync.
"Incremental building" :)

> Does this rootfs contain SGX binaries as well or do I need to build
If you meant system.img/root.img - we don't use them... Or define
'rootfs':)
SGX binaries come from TI/SGX SDK. That's proprietary blobs. You don't
need to build sgx binaries... and you can't do it also.

>Also should I be using the Foryo kernel only at the moment?
Yes. Another option - try to use kernel-ng (based on 2.6.35), but
modification of some userland files is needed
(check out crevetor's project clones @gitorious).

On Mar 18, 10:55 am, Amit Pundir <pundira...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I got the gingerbread built from gitorious repo.
> Is there any pre-defined procedure to flash/copy the images/rootfs?
> Does this rootfs contain SGX binaries as well or do I need to build
> them separately?
> Also should I be using the Foryo kernel only at the moment?
>
> On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 5:00 PM, Alexey Roslyakov

Dare

Mar 20, 2011, 6:48:05 AM3/20/11
to nitdroid
Please help! I have the following problem when I try to make (the
previous steps succeed):

PLATFORM_VERSION_CODENAME=REL
PLATFORM_VERSION=2.3.3
TARGET_PRODUCT=n900
TARGET_BUILD_VARIANT=userdebug
TARGET_SIMULATOR=false
TARGET_BUILD_TYPE=release
TARGET_BUILD_APPS=
TARGET_ARCH=arm
HOST_ARCH=x86
HOST_OS=linux
HOST_BUILD_TYPE=release
BUILD_ID=GRI40
build/core/main.mk:303: implicitly installing apns-conf_sdk.xml
find: `frameworks/base/frameworks/base/docs/html': No such file or
directory
find: `out/target/common/docs/gen': No such file or directory
find: `frameworks/base/frameworks/base/docs/html': No such file or
directory
find: `out/target/common/docs/gen': No such file or directory
find: `frameworks/base/frameworks/base/docs/html': No such file or
directory
find: `out/target/common/docs/gen': No such file or directory
find: `frameworks/base/frameworks/base/docs/html': No such file or
directory
find: `out/target/common/docs/gen': No such file or directory
find: `frameworks/base/frameworks/base/docs/html': No such file or
directory
find: `out/target/common/docs/gen': No such file or directory
build/core/base_rules.mk:78: *** Module name: libglib-2.0
build/core/base_rules.mk:79: *** Makefile location: external/glib/glib
build/core/base_rules.mk:80: *
build/core/base_rules.mk:81: * Each module must use a
LOCAL_MODULE_TAGS in its
build/core/base_rules.mk:82: * Android.mk. Possible tags declared by a
module:
build/core/base_rules.mk:83: *
build/core/base_rules.mk:84: * optional, debug, eng, tests,
samples
build/core/base_rules.mk:85: *
build/core/base_rules.mk:86: * If the module is expected to be in all
builds
build/core/base_rules.mk:87: * of a product, then it should use the
build/core/base_rules.mk:88: * "optional" tag:
build/core/base_rules.mk:89: *
build/core/base_rules.mk:90: * Add "LOCAL_MODULE_TAGS := optional"
in the
build/core/base_rules.mk:91: * Android.mk for the affected module,
and add
build/core/base_rules.mk:92: * the LOCAL_MODULE value for that
component
build/core/base_rules.mk:93: * into the PRODUCT_PACKAGES section of
product
build/core/base_rules.mk:94: * makefile(s) where it's necessary, if
build/core/base_rules.mk:95: * appropriate.
build/core/base_rules.mk:96: *
build/core/base_rules.mk:97: * If the component should be in EVERY
build of ALL
build/core/base_rules.mk:98: * products, then add its LOCAL_MODULE
value to the
build/core/base_rules.mk:99: * PRODUCT_PACKAGES section of
build/core/base_rules.mk:100: * build/target/product/core.mk
build/core/base_rules.mk:101: *
build/core/base_rules.mk:102: *** user tag detected on new module -
user tags are only supported on legacy modules. Stop.

Amit Pundir

Mar 20, 2011, 11:38:22 AM3/20/11
to nitd...@googlegroups.com, Dare
Add "LOCAL_MODULE_TAGS := optional" in the corresponding Android.mk file(s).

Regards,
Amit Pundir

Alexey Roslyakov

Mar 20, 2011, 12:56:12 PM3/20/11
to nitdroid
Yea, fixed and pushed to gitorious.

P.S Btw, Amit, PM to me on forum, I'll add you to right groups.

On Mar 20, 6:38 pm, Amit Pundir <pundira...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Add "LOCAL_MODULE_TAGS := optional" in the corresponding Android.mk file(s).
>
> Regards,
> Amit Pundir

Dare

Mar 21, 2011, 5:08:25 AM3/21/11
to nitdroid
Great, works. Now, how to load the binaries into the phone?

jba

Mar 30, 2011, 7:57:18 PM3/30/11
to nitdroid
Hello everyone.
I think I got it. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Compiled from Debian unstable, the steps are:
1º Turn on the N900 in Nitdroid/Gingerbread
2 º Connect the USB cable to PC
3 º cd out/host/linux-x86/bin from PC
4 º Is adb working and recognizing N900?
./adb devices
List of devices attached
0123456789ABCDEF device
5 º./adb -p ~/nitdroid/out/target/product/n900 sync
6 º Restart N900

Using "Android System Info" I can see some problems:
The battery temperature is too high (above 40 º C), reached shortly.
The battery voltage is 4 mV, instead of 3700 mV. Obviously this is
impossible.
"There is no camera or can not be accessed"
Also, wireless works but not internet on 3G (my operator is Vodafone
ES). Maybe I do not know how to configure it yet (?)

Thank you, and I will be happy to help in any way possible.
I'm Spanish, so please... sorry about my poor English (Google
Translate helped me).

Regards,
jba

Alexey Roslyakov

Apr 1, 2011, 11:27:52 AM4/1/11
to nitdroid
> The battery temperature is too high (above 40 º C), reached shortly.
Battery temperature is ok (when device is on charging).

> The battery voltage is 4 mV, instead of 3700 mV. Obviously this is
impossible.
4mv - kernel reports voltage in mV, but framework expect voltage
values in uV. There's unneeded devision by 1000 and round to closest
integer.

>"There is no camera or can not be accessed".
What do you expect? There's no camera HAL currently.

> Also, wireless works but not internet on 3G (my operator is Vodafone
ES).
>Maybe I do not know how to configure it yet (?)

May be:)

Provide logs, please:
adb logcat
adb logcat -b radio

P. S. This is not right topic to talk about problems not related to
compilation...

jba

Apr 1, 2011, 12:29:02 PM4/1/11
to nitdroid
> P. S. This is not right topic to talk about problems not related to
> compilation...
Of course! I am sorry about it.

I'll provide logs in the correct topic as soon as possible.

Thank you.