message exceptionel - American Purgatory on the air in Seattle - Today!

Nissim Schaul

May 3, 2008, 3:25:37 AM5/3/08
to nissimmusic newsletter
Hello everyone,

The radio documentary about the process of applying for political
asylum in the United States, American Purgatory, for which I wrote the
music, is having its first airing today. It will be on KXOT, in
Seattle, at 1 PM. KXOT is a sister station to KUOW, the main public
radio station in the area.

Sarah and Olivia (the co-producers), and I are, needless to say, very
excited about this.

I'm forwarding Sarah's message with more information about the
stations and the project. Many of you may have already heard from
Sarah - apologies for the overlap.

-------------------------

A quick note to let you all know that American Purgatory is set to air
this Saturday, May 3, in Seattle! This is the first air date, which is
very exciting. Hopefully it will set the ball rolling for a whole
stream of other stations to want to air it.

Tune in to KXOT, a sister station to KUOW, the main public radio
station in the area, at 1 PM. I hope those of you in Seattle will be
able to be by a radio at that time--the rest of you can listen to it
streaming live from their site (http://www.kxot.org) or, of course,
you can listen to it whenever you want on http://www.americanpurgatory.org.

Just a reminder for those of you who may have forgotten, this is the
documentary about about political asylum in the US that I produced
with Olivia Bueno. We spent over a year following a man's trek through
the US asylum system, and the resulting story is told through him and
other people who have been through the process. Take a listen if you
haven't already done so: http://www.americanpurgatory.org

If you catch the documentary on the radio, let me know, or you can
contact both me and Olivia at con...@americanpurgatory.org.

As always, thanks for listening!

Sarah

Sarah Elzas