July news, in August

Nissim Schaul

Aug 2, 2007, 8:31:38 PM8/2/07
to nissi...@googlegroups.com
The news is a little late this month, but all the better for it.

First, for the next few days, about another week, I am one of the
featured composers at the American Composers Forum -
http://www.composersforum.com. I'll be in the box on the bottom left.
If someone shows up, hit reload a few times and you'll find me (and
Natasha!)

There's new music to be listened to! The three movements of Wedge
Miniatures that were performed at the end of June are now at
http://www.nissimmusic.org/music/wedge_minis.shtml

Thanks to those of you for reading the blog and the intrepid souls who
are commenting on posts, and also especially to Brian for having the
guts to comment on some of the music!
(http://nissimmusic.org/writings/?p=9#comments) Please follow his
lead! This month has been a little slow, so there are photos of sheep
and the cat. Also a nice post on the problems of revising a piece
months after completing it, which is bringing the blog back to what
it's supposed to be about - how I write music.

And finally, for your calendars, I'll be having _something_ performed
by the Baroque trio Flying Forms (www.flyingforms.org) at Stony Brook
on February 10. (that's 2008 already! Eek!)

The next month is a busy one. I'm still revising Everybody's Going
There (the recorder quartet that was played at Symphony Space in
February), and still writing some incidental music for Sarah's
documentary, and still have one more harpsichord prelude to go. Oh,
and I have to finish Wedge Miniatures, too. Lots to keep me busy!!
Then September? Vacation!

a bientot
Nissim