mid-December newsletter

0 vue

Nissim Schaul

non lue,
12 déc. 2007, 06:13:0512/12/2007
à nissi...@googlegroups.com
There is much upon which to report:

I have a myspace page: http://www.myspace.com/nissimschaul (about time, right?)

new music up on the website: excerpts from The Future Croulebarbe and
Everybody's Going There are available at, respectively,
http://www.nissimmusic.org/music/croulebarbe.shtml and
http://www.nissimmusic.org/music/everybodys_going_there.shtml

I'm going to try to start putting complete pieces up on my website
instead of excerpts. My first foray is with Prelude and Fantasia for
harpsichord. Listen to the whole thing at
http://www.nissimmusic.org/music/prelude_and_fantasia.shtml

Don't forget to comment on all the music! Links are on each music page...

Since last time, I've blogged about Steve Reich's The Cave and an
opera called Bintou Were which used the West African Griot singing
tradition as its source music. I've also entered into an exploration
of patience, messiness, and listening to something new, not to mention
"the cause of art." (not my phrase!) Read it all at the writings
page: http://www.nissimmusic.org/writings/

A reminder - I have two concerts coming up in February in the NY area.
On the 10th, I'll be out in Stony Brook, where Flying Forms will
premiere the trio version of 4 Preludes for Harpsichord, and on the
21st, the Orpheo Duo and their Neighborhood Composers Chorus
(including me - I haven't had the chance to mess up one of my own
pieces since high school!) will sing the premiere of Les exercices de
style, on excerpts from the text by Raymond Queneau. That show will
be at Ascension Catholic Church on West 107th Street. I'll also be
giving a talk about Les exercices near Columbia sometime in between
the two shows - more later.

And finally, a newsletter-exclusive bonus: here's a MIDI recording of
the first movement of 4 Preludes for Harpsichord. Enjoy.

That's it for now - happy holidays!

Nissim

i. substitution.mp3
Répondre à tous