concerts in February!

1 view

Nissim Schaul

Feb 6, 2008, 6:16:13 PM2/6/08
to nissi...@googlegroups.com
I have two concerts this month; annoucing them will have to do for a
January/February newsletter. I can provide no further excitement.

+++On this Sunday, February 10th, at 3pm, Flying Forms
(http://www.flyingforms.org/, Baroque violin, viola da gamba, and
harpsichord) will premiere two of my recent 4 Preludes for
Harpsichord, for Baroque Trio. The concert is full of six premieres
written for the ensemble. It's part of the Baroque Sundays series at
the Staller Center for the Performing Arts. I believe there is a
suggested donation, but I'm not sure.

Here are driving directions: http://www.staller.sunysb.edu/0708/directions.html
To take the LIRR, take the Port Jefferson Line to the Stony Brook
Station (second last). Follow the directions here:
http://www.stonybrook.edu/sb/directions.shtml and ask around for the
Staller Center... A campus map is here:
http://www.stonybrook.edu/sb/map/onlinemap.html

+++On Thursday, February 21st, at 8pm, my new choral piece, Les
exercices de style (based on excerpts from the text by Raymond
Queneau), will be premiered by the Orfeo Duo and their Neighborhood
Composers Chorus (This chorus includes me. You know you always wanted
me to make a fool of myself in front of a live audience.)

The concert will be at the Ascension Church at 221 West 107th Street,
between Amsterdam and Broadway. There is a $10 suggested donation.

+++In conjunction with the concert on the 21st, I will be giving a
lecture at the Morningside Bookshop about the piece on Monday,
February 18th. I'll start at 7pm, and be followed about half-an-hour
later by skat singers. (Some sort of tenuous connection between
nonsense and other, very different nonsense). The Morningside
Bookshop (http://www.morningsidebookshop.com/) is at 2915 Broadway, on
the Southwest corner of Broadway and 114th. Just a few doors up from
Mondel Chocolates.

+++If the above opportunities for Nissimly humiliation do not suffice,
I will also by performing in Jessica Feldman's new soundart piece
(again as part of the Neighborhood Composers Chorus) at the Roerich
Museum on Sunday, February 16th. The concert is at 5pm. The Roerich
Museum (http://www.roerich.org/) is at 319 West 107th Street, near
Riverside.

I hope to see many of you at these events - and friends in New York, I
will be in touch soon...

Best,
Nissim