Nickelsville Survives!

1 view

Scott Morrow

Sep 27, 2008, 2:22:07 PM9/27/08
to Nickelsville Announcements
Despite the Mayor's worst efforts, Nickelsville has survived. We
survived due to an extraordinary community effort by many
extraordinary people (99% of whom neither know how extraordinary they
are, or who will ever be properly thanked for their decency, humanity,
courage and good humour.) The Seattle Weekly's 'Daily Weekly' has had
fine comprehensive coverage day by day. Check it out to see what you
missed - like the letter from local Legislators.

Tomorrow Nickelodeons plan to communicate with you directly through an
alert - for today I'd ask you to consider emailing me suggestions on:

WHERE SHOULD NICKELSVILLE GO IN FOUR DAYS?

All suggestions received by 8 AM tomorrow (Sunday) morning will be
passed on to the Nickelodeons for their consideration.

While the camp population dipped last night due to the chaos caused by
the destruction of our first site, Nickelsville continues in the WDOT
Parking Lot. Those arrested were released within the hour and have
returned to Nickelsville. Later in the evening Operation Nightwatch
refered people to us, as all Seattles' indoor shelter beds were, once
again, full.

Water, blankets, food, tents and $$$ (for honeybuckets, cell phones &
much more) are needed. Also Lawyers and Title Searchers for both the
Nickelsville 23 and other proactive legal action.