It was a great day at Nickelsville

Jay Beavers

Sep 26, 2008, 12:13:07 AM9/26/08
to nickelsville-...@googlegroups.com

We saw a remarkable outpouring of community support.  A number of structures were constructed, both community buildings and housing.  We're up to over 110 residents.  The police have not arrived.

A range of people from well known public figures to concerned citizens have encouraged the mayor to back off his threats and think through how we positively deal with our homeless bretheren.  The state government has been mislead by the mayor about the situation and is investigating to understand what is really going on.

What we need from our supporters now:

1.  After the sun rises, we need you at Nickelsville as soon as possible.
2.  Call Governor Gregoire and encourage her to tell Mayor Nickels there is a better way to deal with homelessness.
3.  Call the Mayor and ask him to reconsider his position on Nickelsville.

Contact Information

Mayor Greg Nickels
(206) 684-4000
greg.n...@seattle.gov