NH2.1.0 Alpha1 is out

Fabio Maulo

Mar 19, 2009, 12:19:07 AM3/19/09
to nhu...@googlegroups.com
I don't know if you have realized that NH2.1.0Alpha1 was released...

If you are using NH2.0.X, and you have an application with tests, please download the new version and run your tests ASAP (after read releasenotes.txt).

Thanks.
Fabio Maulo

P.S. NH2.0.1GA had more than 52000 downloads in 5 months (AFIK it is a record in NH).

Stefan Steinegger

Mar 19, 2009, 4:03:16 AM3/19/09
to nhusers
Thanks a lot for the ongoing incredible work! Again a stunning amount
of new features and enhancements since 2.0. I'm looking forward to the
final 2.1 release :-)

David Mukaiwa

Mar 19, 2009, 4:28:54 AM3/19/09
to nhu...@googlegroups.com
That's great news. So that means we'll soon have a 'native' LINQ implementation? I guess that would make NH the best ORM for .NET out there period. Great work guys. I'm sure we're all looking forward to another quality GA release. You guys rock. Going to get the bits now...

Fabio Maulo

Mar 19, 2009, 8:28:08 AM3/19/09
to nhu...@googlegroups.com
2009/3/19 Stefan Steinegger <stefa...@bluewin.ch>

Thanks a lot for the ongoing incredible work! Again a stunning amount
of new features and enhancements since 2.0. I'm looking forward to the
final 2.1 release :-)

Hi Stefan.
Let me explain the situation.

Work with final stable release is a very good practice in a lot of commercial projects; this is good even for us (nh-team) because we can work with only 1500 or 2000 pioneers using the trunk between final releases.

When we release an Alpha1 and Alpha2 we are saying : Man, download it and try it in your project and if you find some bug use our JIRA.
The time between Alpha1 and GA (General Available-final release) is around 2.5/3 months; if you find a breaking-change or a re-opened issue or a bug after GA you will wait around 1 year to have the next GA with that issue fixed.

We have a lot of tests (more than 1600) but we know that we are not testing all possible "combination".
Don't wait that somebody else, download the new NH and run tests of yours applications.

The quality is not achieved by chance.

--
Fabio Maulo

Stefan Steinegger

Mar 20, 2009, 10:20:51 AM3/20/09
to nhusers
Fabio, I already downloaded the alpha version and tried it. There are
some interface changes I have to fix, and DynamicProxy2 conflicts with
the version for RhinoMocks. Nothing really serious so, but I still
don't have the time to fix it this and next week.

I just don't want to include alpha versions into a release of our
software. I'm sure that the alpha release already is very stable and
is probably already in production quality. But - if NH has a bug, no
one is blamed because all software has bugs. But if it is in a alpha
version I included in the project, I will be responsible for it.

Thanks for the hint of the waiting time. Good point.

On 19 Mrz., 13:28, Fabio Maulo <fabioma...@gmail.com> wrote:

Ayende Rahien

Mar 20, 2009, 10:21:38 AM3/20/09
to nhu...@googlegroups.com
you can use the version of rhino mock that interalize dyn proxy

Stefan Steinegger

Mar 20, 2009, 10:56:44 AM3/20/09
to nhusers
I think I had problems with that, because classnames got ambiguous or
something and that's why I've chosen the other. it's not a problem
actually, I either recompile RhinoMocks or use LinFu.

On 20 Mrz., 15:21, Ayende Rahien <aye...@ayende.com> wrote:
> you can use the version of rhino mock that interalize dyn proxy
>
> On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 10:20 AM, Stefan Steinegger

Danielg

Mar 20, 2009, 2:16:44 PM3/20/09
to nhusers
I would love to migrate to the 2.1 release for testing. However I
have modified the 2.0.1 GA to add some additional needed
functionality, (Join to non primary keys) and so I'm stuck where I
am. I submitted a feature request complete with tests and and a
working patch for 2.1 http://nhjira.koah.net/browse/NH-1681 however it
doesn't appear to have been noticed or wanted yet. I'll just have to
stay with 2.0 untill I can find a way to work around my crappy
database.