Is generate_statistics safe for production

DanPlaskon

Mar 26, 2011, 6:27:21 AM3/26/11
to nhprof
I know this isn't a *direct* NHProf question; but I was curious....is
generate_statistics something that is generally safe for use in
production? I was considering writting an administrative console using
some of its information for a dashboard in a production application -
is this asking for trouble from a perf standpoint?

Using NHibernate 2.1.2, if relevant.

Ayende Rahien

Mar 26, 2011, 8:41:58 AM3/26/11
to nhp...@googlegroups.com, DanPlaskon
It is not really recommended, it results in locks to update the stats all too often

DanPlaskon

Mar 26, 2011, 11:57:29 AM3/26/11
to nhprof
Thanks - good to know!
> >http://groups.google.com/group/nhprof?hl=en.- Hide quoted text -

DanPlaskon

Mar 26, 2011, 5:28:35 PM3/26/11
to nhprof
out of curiosity, does raven have any similar facilities? (eg. is
there some form of 'stats' for whatever Raven's sessionfactory equiv
is?)
> > >http://groups.google.com/group/nhprof?hl=en.-Hide quoted text -

Ayende Rahien

Mar 27, 2011, 3:46:55 AM3/27/11
to nhp...@googlegroups.com, DanPlaskon
Sure, you can use /stats endpoint to get them from the server.
And each session counts how many requests it made