Lesbian couple seek sperm donor

msas...@inbox.com

Jul 21, 2007, 9:38:38 AM7/21/07
We, Sarah and I, are a young lesbian couple who've been together for
seven years and we're hoping to start a family soon. We feel that
sperm banks are too impersonal for us and would rather find a donor
that we can get to know and vet for ourselves.

For more information see our website http://donorhunt.blogspot.com/

dudefromtherock

Jul 21, 2007, 10:23:56 AM7/21/07

I just read your posting and the story of your search thus far...I'd
be interested in a candid discussion on the matter if you're
interested? ~T

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

brunsw...@hotmail.com

Jul 21, 2007, 6:26:54 PM7/21/07

In my opinion, that's just wrong. I don't think people think about the
effect that will have on the child. I think that should be illegal.

davehx

Jul 21, 2007, 8:09:08 PM7/21/07

i think you're wrong

Neil Bolt

Jul 21, 2007, 8:17:17 PM7/21/07
On Jul 21, 10:09 pm, davehx <pleasedonotspamsplooc...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> i think you're wrong
>
> brunswick...@hotmail.com wrote:
>
> > In my opinion, that's just wrong. I don't think people think about the
> > effect that will have on the child. I think that should be illegal.

I think there are a lot of varying opinions on the matter. I also
think that there isn't any evidence that this type of environment is
better or worse for raising a child. Seriously a lot of messed up
children are in the world and I doubt a high percentage of them come
from the type of environment these women are talking about.

Until you have hard facts and evidence stating the child will be worse
off for having two mommies or two daddies or whatever the case may be
keep your close minded opinion to your self or remain neutral like me.
I'm on the fence on this one until I see something to make be jump to
one side or the other.

All I can say is these women know what they want and they appear to be
going about it in a responsible way, right or wrong I wish them the
best of luck.

Dan

Jul 21, 2007, 8:50:51 PM7/21/07
I have to agree davehx ... although it may not be for the same reason! And I
realize this is not the place/medium to discuss this to much further I will
venture to state my long time belief. I've always said that this world would
be a better place if all or at least the majority of our leaders were women.
And as far as two women raising a child, be it male or female, they would be
quite capable of giving them all the positive life lessons. And because I'm
so supportive of this position and plan, I would be more than willing to
suffer the consequences of being either the sperm donor or a practise dummy.
I await your earliest response ;o))

danj

"davehx" <pleasedonots...@gmail.com> wrote in message

brunsw...@hotmail.com

Jul 21, 2007, 9:44:46 PM7/21/07
On Jul 21, 10:50 pm, "Dan" <toodlie_...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I have to agree davehx ... although it may not be for the same reason! And I
> realize this is not the place/medium to discuss this to much further I will
> venture to state my long time belief. I've always said that this world would
> be a better place if all or at least the majority of our leaders were women.
> And as far as two women raising a child, be it male or female, they would be
> quite capable of giving them all the positive life lessons. And because I'm
> so supportive of this position and plan, I would be more than willing to
> suffer the consequences of being either the sperm donor or a practise dummy.
> I await your earliest response ;o))
>
> danj
>
> "davehx" <pleasedonotspamsplooc...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > i think you're wrong
>
> > brunswick...@hotmail.com wrote:
>
> > > In my opinion, that's just wrong. I don't think people think about the
> > > effect that will have on the child. I think that should be illegal.- Hide quoted text -

I still stick to my opinion on this one, I have a child myself, in my
opinion I don't think it's normal, all these new-age people who
disagree with me. I feel if you want to be homosexual, that's part of
the deal, you don't get to make kids. I don't care what anyone else
thinks, what you want to do behind closed doors is fine, but I don't
think a child with two parents of the same sex is right, God made
rules and that's one of them

kwhe...@hotmail.com

Jul 21, 2007, 9:53:55 PM7/21/07
> rules and that's one of them- Hide quoted text -

I think narrow minded people are what makes this world so hard to live
in . I say live and let live. Judge not or let you be judged. Isn't
that in the bible somewhere? My mom always said if you have nothing
nice to say then say nothing at all.

To the two ladies looking, keep looking, only you know what is right
for you and as long as the child has two parents that love and respect
them that is all that really matters. I would be more concerned about
the child that has two parents that could care less about them, abuse
them or neglect them. Those are the things that are not right.

Neil Bolt

Jul 21, 2007, 10:10:29 PM7/21/07
On Jul 21, 11:44 pm, brunswick...@hotmail.com wrote:

There you go again, the existence of God is also a debatable subject.
Where exactly is this rule that your God made? I'd like to see
reference to a rule that says a homosexual couple isn't allowed to
raise a child. If there actually is a God I'd doubt it would be
concerned with such trivial things. In fact I doubt you should be
either, the world is messed up and this should be much closer to the
bottom of the list of world concerns then to the top. If this is a top
concern of yours you should get your priorities checked, I'd like war
and famine would far outweigh this, hell most would consider the price
of fuel a more relevant concern I would think.

brunsw...@hotmail.com

Jul 21, 2007, 10:37:05 PM7/21/07
> of fuel a more relevant concern I would think.- Hide quoted text -

anyway this will be my last post about this, I said "IN MY OPINION"
I'm allowed to have my own opinion I don't care what anyone else
thinks (and I'm sure the lesbian couple doesn't care what I think).
This is a public news group, and if you post something that
controversial here, you can certainly expect some difference of
opinions. But this subject, I couldn't help but post my opinion. It is
in the bible about this, check it yourself if you want,and I don't
really care if you believe in God, Mr. Science

Devils Advocate

Jul 21, 2007, 11:14:12 PM7/21/07

"Dan" <toodl...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> And as far as two women raising a child, be it male or female, they would
> be
> quite capable of giving them all the positive life lessons.

Wouldn't you think that a gay female couple would perhaps encourage
lesbianism? As you know, the father plays an important role in the raising
of kids, so what role would Dad play if a kid has two mom's? We all know the
stats on kids raise with single parents (that is without a father figure).
I'm not sure of that with two moms.

Oh BTW, I'll go on record of saying, I am against gay couple having or
raising kids. I'll also go on record of saying communicate with people who
are gay, and they know exactly my feelings like it or not.

> danj

Behind the Eight

Jul 21, 2007, 11:14:42 PM7/21/07
one of the commandments was thou shalt not judge. so dont go preaching it if
you dont follow it yourself.

<brunsw...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Neil Bolt

Jul 21, 2007, 11:43:04 PM7/21/07
On Jul 22, 1:14 am, "Behind the Eight" <ado...@personainternet.com>
wrote:

> one of the commandments was thou shalt not judge. so dont go preaching it if
> you dont follow it yourself.
>
> <brunswick...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

In my opinion far too many religious people do this, they seem to only
apply things from their faith that suite their current situation. I
have no problem with people of faith, I do have issues when the
completely ignore sections of their faith to better suite their lives.

Big Unit

Jul 21, 2007, 11:59:25 PM7/21/07
On Jul 21, 11:38 am, msas1...@inbox.com wrote:

Good look in your search, I hope every thing works out the way you
want it to!!

As for you other retards, believers of god or evolution, those who
look negatively upon this, are just that, retarded, or, held back.
Open mindedness is key to the survival of society. Gone are the days
of this close minded bullshit. And as stated earlier, if you have
nothing nice to say, get the fuck off the internet!!!

davehx

Jul 22, 2007, 12:35:47 AM7/22/07
i knew you'd bring god into it...anyone with an opinion based on a real
person/thing have an opinion?
I'll bet bart simpson would agree with me....but he doesn't exist
either does he?

Charles

Jul 22, 2007, 6:43:08 AM7/22/07

<brunsw...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

and I don't
> really care if you believe in God, Mr. Science

Now that is particularly unchristian, is it not? Evangelism is part of the
club rules if you want to be a real Christian.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

msas...@inbox.com

Jul 22, 2007, 8:38:42 AM7/22/07
Thank you for taking an interest - some fascinating remarks. I've
responded to many of your points on my website, so that my readers can
enjoy the discussion.
http://donorhunt.blogspot.com/2007/07/controversial-discussion-we-sparked-on.html
Thanks, Alicia.

msas...@inbox.com

Jul 22, 2007, 10:02:07 AM7/22/07
Why does it say 35 messages when there are much less?
I deleted two because I wanted to correct my own spelling errors.
Where are all the rest?
Alicia

Devils Advocate

Jul 22, 2007, 10:19:00 AM7/22/07

<msas...@inbox.com> wrote in message

I will respond to you comment on your blog.

You said,

Besides of which, I don't think it's possible to nurture sexuality - if that
was the case then how do you explain the many parents who aimed to bring up
straight children and found that their offspring preferred same sex
partners?

My response is this,

I believe that heterosexual couples aim to raise heterosexual kids (just
like you has a lesbian couple would perhaps aim to raise homosexual kids),
but that sometimes changes not because they are born to be gay, but rather
due to social behavior and other social issues. The gay people that I know
are men who dress like freakin women, and the women who who are gay, date
women who dress like freakin men? I believe that these people growing up had
difficulty mingling with the so called "normal" people, and perhaps may have
been rejected by the many of their classmates, hence leading them to mingle
with the huge minority, that be the gay population where they would most
like receive some friendship and perhaps love. I truly believe that, if many
of those women were fortunate enough to get in a relationship with a man,
the possibility of becoming gay would be remote.

Why is it that in a lesbian relationship there is oftentime one who hides
their gender behind bagy clothes, very short hair, combined with a rough and
tough character?

The same goes for a gay male couple. I don't think any man would prefer to
cuddle into a hairy ape over a soft attractive breasted hairless woman. What
I think is as I stated above, and that is the consequence of rejection and
not fitting in resulting on a him trying a gay relationship to attain love
and affection, not because he prefer the dangling wiener.

One other thing I don't condone, and that is when a I'm having a sensible
conversation with a gay man, then out of nowhere, he responds as he spots a
man walking past, " what a ass on him."

If you want to be gay, that is fine, but I don't think you should be given
the privilege of having children. This has nothing to do with the gay
community whatsoever, because many of them are intelligent and very sensible
people just like the heterosexual community. Again, my one and only point is
simply to explain why I believe men/women choose that type of sexuality, and
that I they should not be given the privilege of raising kids.

Clint & Tammy

Jul 22, 2007, 10:44:01 AM7/22/07
"I feel if you want to be homosexual,...."
I don't think you understand, no-one CHOOSES to be homosexual.

"God made rules and that's one of them"

Please give me a quote where god says children can't be raised by same sex
couples! The thing i remember most from my catholic school upbringing is
that God loves all of his children equally.

"I have a child myself."
With your solid opinion on this, if your child were gay, would you dis-own
them? I teach my children that whatever decisions they make, I will love
them, infinitely & unconditionally... Not if you're straight you can be my
son.

I think Alicia and Sarah would be the kind of paretns every family needs,
it's not the sex of a parent that matters, it's the love and support they
can provide... Good luck to you both

<brunsw...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

msas...@inbox.com

Jul 22, 2007, 10:49:30 AM7/22/07
Please can you post your thoughts on my website so that I can
centralise the discussion. Posting my views in many separate forums is
causing me a lot of repetition and is diluting the discussion
somewhat.
Thanks,
Alicia.

Devils Advocate

Jul 22, 2007, 10:53:50 AM7/22/07

"Clint & Tammy" <clin...@nf.sympatico.ca> wrote in message

> "I feel if you want to be homosexual,...."
> I don't think you understand, no-one CHOOSES to be homosexual.

That is a crock of shit........everyone chooses if they want to be
homosexual.
For chris sake, you don't think people are born to be gay do ya?

Clint & Tammy

Jul 22, 2007, 11:05:12 AM7/22/07
your sexuality isn't chosen, if it were there would be no homosexuality to debate about, if it's a social thing, there never would have been a first gay or lesbian couple to ( i say this very lightly) "spark the trend"
and people dress as they like to dress, gay or straight, as a woman am i suppose to not wear comfortable, baggy clothing because it may make me look like a man... Homosexuality is not social or chosen it is whom you are, as much as some behaviours are gained as social skills, your sexuality is not. it is part of who you are, and believe it or not, gay couples are normally very open to straight children, the reverse however seems to be the problem, coming from those who believe their offspring have to be just like them to be successful...

as long as my children learn to respect and accept other people, no matter what choices they make, i am successful...

"Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.” mark 12:31

Charles

Jul 22, 2007, 11:24:31 AM7/22/07
An orgy of selfishness responded to with an orgy of ignorance. Which is
worse? You decide.
.

"Devils Advocate" <devilsad...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Devils Advocate

Jul 22, 2007, 11:36:30 AM7/22/07
your sexuality isn't chosen, if it were there would be no homosexuality to debate about, if it's a social thing, there never would have been a first gay or lesbian couple to ( i say this very lightly) "spark the trend"

Oh I get it now. If a man or woman is gay, they have the gay gene, if they are heterosexual they have the straight gene, if they like both man and woman they have the bisexual gene, if they like animals they have the beasiality gene, if they like everything that has a heartbeat then I guess they have the trisexual gene. Now that makes sense.

and people dress as they like to dress, gay or straight, as a woman am i suppose to not wear comfortable, baggy clothing because it may make me look like a man...

Dress as you wish my dear. Personally I find it a little wierd to see a woman dress with baggy jeans down across her arse, with big baggy shirt, old mans wallet hanging from her ass pocket with chains dangling, and topped off with a designer brush cut hair do with baseball cap. Cool lady I must say so!

Homosexuality is not social or chosen it is whom you are, as much as some behaviours are gained as social skills, your sexuality is not. it is part of who you are, and believe it or not,

Pack of nonsense and I'm beating a dead horse.

Last post for me.

Behind the Eight

Jul 22, 2007, 12:00:29 PM7/22/07
bad troll DA..very bad troll :( its quite obvious you are doing it for the
pure enjoyment of trolling.

"Devils Advocate" <devilsad...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

msas...@inbox.com

Jul 22, 2007, 12:34:53 PM7/22/07
"I believe that heterosexual couples aim to raise heterosexual kids
(just like you as a lesbian couple would perhaps aim to raise
homosexual kids)," - Devil's Advocate

So very ignorant. Won't bother copy-pasting my response here, you can
read it on my blog:

http://donorhunt.blogspot.com/2007/07/homosexuals-want-to-raise-homosexual.html

Devils Advocate

Jul 22, 2007, 12:48:06 PM7/22/07

"Charles" <charles1998@NOSPAMgmaildotcom> wrote in message

> An orgy of selfishness responded to with an orgy of ignorance. Which is
> worse? You decide.

Sorry but I voice my opinion on belief, not on popular opinion.

Nothing in my post was selfish.

Charles

Jul 22, 2007, 2:01:02 PM7/22/07
As usual, you have misunderstood what I said.

Jamie

Jul 22, 2007, 2:47:53 PM7/22/07
nobody chooses, it it pre-decided, do a bit of research on it and you
will see

Big Unit

Jul 22, 2007, 3:00:26 PM7/22/07
Doesn't matter how it happens, fact of the matter is, whatever being
gay actually is, these people are. So why the fuck get on with this BS
about opinions, beliefs, god, christianity, blah blah blah. They are
who they are, jjust like DA doesn't sugar coat things he says,
politicians lie, or teachers teach, these people are gay. End of
story.

Neil Bolt

Jul 22, 2007, 3:50:11 PM7/22/07
On Jul 22, 12:19 pm, "Devils Advocate" <devilsadvocat...@hotmail.com>
wrote:
> <msas1...@inbox.com> wrote in message

> > Thank you for taking an interest - some fascinating remarks. I've
> > responded to many of your points on my website, so that my readers can
> > enjoy the discussion.
> >http://donorhunt.blogspot.com/2007/07/controversial-discussion-we-spa...

Your ability to stereotype is amazing. I also doubt if you were
talking to a straigh male who said "what an ass on HER" you'd be upset
at all. Personal preference is just that, if you don't like it don't
associate yourself with it, that is your choice. I have been in
situations where a gay male was talking about a sexual relationship
very graphically and I was put off by that and didn't like it, but I
would have been equally put off by a straight male talking about a
sexual relationship very graphically too, so there you have it.

Devils Advocate

Jul 22, 2007, 4:12:36 PM7/22/07

"Neil Bolt" <neil...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> Your ability to stereotype is amazing.

Your full of shit. Nothing in my post was stereotypical.

I also doubt if you were
> talking to a straigh male who said "what an ass on HER" you'd be upset
> at all.

I'll be honest, I find it more inappropriate for a man to say what a ass on
another man, then a man saying what a set of can's on that woman.

Personal preference is just that, if you don't like it don't
> associate yourself with it, that is your choice.

Well I won't associate myself with gay activities that's for sure, but I
will NOT hold that against anyone if they choose to be gay. That is their
choice, and I think no less of them.

I have been in
> situations where a gay male was talking about a sexual relationship
> very graphically and I was put off by that and didn't like it,

Well, that is what I don't like. Like come on, if your not gay, do you
really want to hear about what happen with those two men in bed last night.
Yuck!

but I
> would have been equally put off by a straight male talking about a
> sexual relationship very graphically too, so there you have it.

Well I too don't find it appropriate to discuss a graphic sexual
relationship no matter what the sex.........mind you I did it when I was
young and wild. But eh, nothing wrong with commenting on the sexy lady
crossing your path while chatting a storm with your friend.

Todd Baker

Jul 22, 2007, 9:23:00 PM7/22/07
brunsw...@hotmail.com pretended :

> On Jul 21, 10:50 pm, "Dan" <toodlie_...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> I have to agree davehx ... although it may not be for the same reason! And I
>> realize this is not the place/medium to discuss this to much further I will
>> venture to state my long time belief. I've always said that this world would
>> be a better place if all or at least the majority of our leaders were women.
>> And as far as two women raising a child, be it male or female, they would be
>> quite capable of giving them all the positive life lessons. And because I'm
>> so supportive of this position and plan, I would be more than willing to
>> suffer the consequences of being either the sperm donor or a practise dummy.
>> I await your earliest response ;o))
>>
>> danj
>>
>> "davehx" <pleasedonotspamsplooc...@gmail.com> wrote in message

>>> i think you're wrong

> "I feel if you want to be homosexual"

Want? You don't get up one morning and say...hmmmm...I think I rather
like to lick canoe from now on. :-?

--
Cheers
Todd

www.flickr.com/photos/todd_baker

croc...@hotmail.com

Jul 22, 2007, 11:24:15 PM7/22/07
Leviticus 20:13 "If two men engage in homosexual sex while on a
woman's bed, both have committed an abomination. They are to be put to
death; their blood will be on their own heads." Read it and weap, I'm
with you DEVIL's ADVOCATE, everything you said is true, you choose
your sexuality, youre not born with it. From what I remember about
being a 5 year old girls were gross, but I certainly don't feel that
way now! As for the tool who said something about not loving your kids
because theyre gay, if my kids ever remark something about being gay
I'll smack the shit out of them. Too many people are stuck on this " I
have a right..." bullshit, and that's the reason there are so many
messed up people in the world now. Why don't we have sex with our
mothers and brothers next hey? That'll be the next battle in the
courts I'm sure. Why don't you all think about the kid who has to go
to grade 7 and tell all his friends that he has 2 moms instead of a
mom and dad. Give me a break, it makes me sick that there are so many
people agreeing with this crap. Look at Jerry Springer, so I guess
everything that goes on on that show is ok too? They have a right I
guess? Maybe Michael Jackson should be allowed to molest some more
kids. If people listened to the NORMAL society rules, then Jerry
Springer wouldn't have a show, and this world wouldn't be so messed
up. People letting others run away with these crazy ideas about "human
rights" are just making this world worse. You all disgust me

msas1...@inbox.com wrote:
> We, Sarah and I, are a young lesbian couple who've been together for
> seven years and we're hoping to start a family soon. We feel that
> sperm banks are too impersonal for us and would rather find a donor
> that we can get to know and vet for ourselves.
>
> For more information see our website http://donorhunt.blogspot.com/

davehx

Jul 22, 2007, 11:40:00 PM7/22/07

you need serious help. you are a serious bigot. to compare michael
jackson to any of this....shows how stupid you actually are

Behind the Eight

Jul 22, 2007, 11:46:53 PM7/22/07
lol Jerry Springer are paid actor/ess's you moron

<croc...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

croc...@hotmail.com

Jul 22, 2007, 11:56:51 PM7/22/07
On Jul 23, 1:46 am, "Behind the Eight" <ado...@personainternet.com>
wrote:

> lol Jerry Springer are paid actor/ess's you moron
>
> <crocop...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >> For more information see our websitehttp://donorhunt.blogspot.com/- Hide quoted text -

just an example

Clint & Tammy

Jul 23, 2007, 12:24:01 AM7/23/07
I hope your children have a better mother then a father, with a comment like
"if my kids ever remark something about being gay I'll smack the shit out of
them." While your taking the time to write all your aggressions down about
something you obviously have no clue about you'd just as well plan out your
children's lives for them and stick it up on the wall and make sure they
read it and understand it for the rest of there lives cause there is
obviously no room for free thought or will in your mind.

As you stated when you were five you thought girls were gross, and now you
don't feel the same. Something inside you more powerful then choice and
logical thought instilled in you felt drawn toward the opposite sex.
Knowing this you still think homosexuals/bisexual wake up one day and say
hell I know all the suffering it may cause me but sure I think I want be
gay/bi. They feel the same as you do but toward the same sex. Same feeling
different sex, nothing more!

"Too many people are stuck on this " I have a right..." bullshit" So
because they want to raise a child in a different upbringing then you, they
should not have the right? If this was the case then it is just as well we
all have to sign up for licenses to breed and so forth.... but the way you
write this may be right up your alley, all blonde haired and blued eyed, fit
right in with your idealistic fantasy world. "People letting others run

away with these crazy ideas about "human rights" are just making this world

worse." Maybe you're right maybe we should have someone as wise and all
knowing as you to spank our asses when we mention things you don't agree
with. Or maybe it's your crazy idea about spanking asses of the same sex
that has you screaming so scared I don't know.

Last time I checked there are a lot of people that make up this little place
the rest of us live on call planet earth and not all of us think the same.
That being said not one part of me thinks you're actually going to read this
and gain one ounce of wisdom but at least give the rest of us a little the
time and space to live without the likes of you trying to change things so
you can find it a little easier to sleep at night putting your insecurities
at ease.

Your ignorance disgusts me

Clint

Clint & Tammy

Jul 23, 2007, 1:57:37 AM7/23/07
" As for the tool who said something about not loving your kids because
theyre gay, if my kids ever remark something about being gay I'll smack the
shit out of them"
-I am that tool and you, for this comment alone do not deserve children, or
the ability to create them

"Why don't you all think about the kid who has to go to grade 7 and tell all
his friends that he has 2 moms instead of a mom and dad."

-not everyone has a mom and dad, every family is different, some have only
one mom, or only one dad, or are raised by grandparents. My first son's life
started while i lived with my mother, is this unacceptable since he was
being raised by 2 women? How about considering the kid in grade seven who
has to tell their best friend of 10+ years he can't be his friend anymore
because their gay

"Leviticus 20:13"
- if you obey leviticus so closely i guess you also:
Don't eat fat of ox, sheep or goats (Lev. 7.23)
Don't eat blood of fish, fowl or beast (Lev. 7:26)
Don't eat rabbit (Lev. 11:6)
Don't eat ham, bacon, pork chops or ribs (Lev. 11:7)
Don't eat lobster, crab, scallops or shrimp (Lev. 11:10)
Don't have contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual
uncleanliness (Lev.15: 19-24)
Don't wear clothing of two kinds of material (Lev. 19:19)
Don't shave the hair from your temples or beard(lev. 19:28)

"Too many people are stuck on this " I have a right..." bullshit"

- i was raised believing people have rights, was i give the wrong
impression?

"People letting others run away with these crazy ideas about "human rights"
are just making this world worse."

-people spouting nothing more pure ingnorance against others is what makes
this world worse...and these ingnorant imbeciles are permitted to reproduce
another generation of morons.

You Disgust Me

Tammy

<croc...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

croc...@hotmail.com

Jul 23, 2007, 7:46:02 AM7/23/07
> > just an example- Hide quoted text -

no I think youre wrong, too bad, you'll never change my opinion

msas...@inbox.com

Jul 23, 2007, 12:26:26 PM7/23/07
Some fascinating and some very disturbing points. I've quoted Devil's
Advocate, Clint and Tammy, Jamie and Crocop in a post discussing
choice.

http://donorhunt.blogspot.com/2007/07/can-you-choose-your-sexuality.html

Alicia

KR

Jul 23, 2007, 2:03:54 PM7/23/07
So if your child were ever to have a friend with same sex parents
would you teach your child that only YOUR family situation is the
right one? Would you deny them the right to have this child as a
friend? The world is changing as are the "rules" of what is
acceptable, you should just teach your child that now and get it over
with.

I've seen and heard of a lot of terrible parents who do terrible
things to their kids, at least in this situation the child will be
loved and cared for and taught that there are lots of different
families and people and they all do things uniquely.

KR

Daphne

Jul 23, 2007, 2:59:36 PM7/23/07
I think that if someone wants a child no matter what the parental
situation is they should have one! What difference does it make, you are
stating that is wrong to raise a child that way! I think you should want
a child that is loved, happy and healthy. What you are saying is they
don't have that right to care for a child, I think that you should wake
up and realize that society finds this a normal thing to have same sex
marrige, if god made the rules he should have made one for ignorant
people like yourself. If you don't have something positive to say keep
your mouth shut, people like you make this world the way it is! Oh and
for your information I am not a lesbian, or a male, but if I could help
this couple become parents I would!!!

Devils Advocate

Jul 23, 2007, 4:27:05 PM7/23/07

> Some fascinating and some very disturbing points. I've quoted Devil's
> Advocate, Clint and Tammy, Jamie and Crocop in a post discussing
> choice.

What I'd like to know is why Carter, Davehx, or CD have no jumped over you
for posting this in the wrong newsgroup?????

Clint & Tammy

Jul 23, 2007, 6:10:10 PM7/23/07
really it's not wrong posting, they want something

"Devils Advocate" <devilsad...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

nil

Jul 23, 2007, 7:48:25 PM7/23/07
The child will be teased to hell within it's peer group and school. That's
a terrible mental burden to put on a child. It could have lasting, serious
repercussions. Has anyone thought about the child ? As opposed to what the
"parents" want ? Nature always finds a way when it is necessary. Asexual
reproduction, autonomous sex change and hemaphroditism do occur in nature
( even in the animal kingdom ) under special circumstances. I suggest the
lesbian couple keep "trying" to have a child on their own - if they succeed,
so be it. Nature rules.

Being gay is ok - but don't shove it down anyone's throat and don't expect
privileges which come from natural selection. Learn to deal with your
condition like many people learn to deal with other types of conditions (
including medical conditions - which being gay probably is - one day they'll
find the marker for it ). We will all respect you for that. You don't see
me in this newsgroup looking for female genetic material for my own use.

Good luck with it.

<msas...@inbox.com> wrote in message

Jim

Jul 23, 2007, 8:13:35 PM7/23/07
It's great that you stand behind your beliefs so strongly Mr (or Ms)
N...@nil.com
Exactly like all those morons in the white sheets and hoods.

I'm sure you get your female genetic material straight from the source...by
paying for it.
If you were my son, I'd be sooo proud of you for your hatred (or your
intolerance, at least)

"nil" <n...@nil.com> wrote in message

Clint & Tammy

Jul 23, 2007, 8:26:04 PM7/23/07
"The child will be teased to hell within it's peer group and school."

-Kids can be cruel, thats the way it is, if it's not for the family the grow
up in it will be for the clothes they wear, or the way they speak, or the
way the look....The best thing a child can have is a family that will help
them through these tough times. These are the things that help us grow into
wonderful adults. In this world, right now, a child is LESS likey to be
teased for having same sex parents than many other things. It seems now that
the children are trying to teach us a lesson about accepting others for whom
they are. With the exception of a few, likely the few whom have been
conceived by "privileges which come from natural selection" and have had a
life of the opinions of their "normal families" "shoved down their throats..
I think with this generation, a generation of children who have decided to
live for themselves, not what the world expects of them, the concerns any
child of a same sex parents would have are those of any other child growing
up,a nd the best thing for them is a caring family, not one that will make
them feel what they do is wrong

And with all due respect, with that attitude,good luck finding any female
genetic material for your own use, might as well get to work on that asexual
thing you are so for

Tammy

nil

Jul 23, 2007, 8:46:41 PM7/23/07
Where did you see hate or intolerance in this ? ( This is where I have to
explain to a person like you that I don't hate gays rather than let you
wrongly infer it ). I guess you only see what you want to see, try reading
the thread again. Try to refrain from calling people names based on an
absolute minimum of information ( a bit of text on a screen ). Being gay is
ok, it happens, it was common for humans to have 6 digits until the turn of
the 19th century. Natural selection took care of that ( very cruel I
think ). Anyways, nature rules. You missed the point about how the child
will feel when it is teased to hell from undeveloped minds ( other
children ). All I have heard is what the "parents" WANT. Want, want, want,
want, want. Try thinking ahead. I'm just trying to imagine myself in the
position of that child ( it's called empathy, Google it).

You know what ? Maybe adoption would be better ? It helps a child already
in need and it does alleviate part of the emotional stigma the child will
face.

Anyways, this thread doesn't belong here. I would guess the general idea of
this forum is for buying and selling stuff, not stirring up controversial
topics or selling human material ( illegal ). If it's a donation they are
looking for, there is always free.nf.wanted. And there is a much more
tactful way of doing it. Maybe this whole thread was a prank anyways and we
all took the bait. Keep your mind open.

"Jim" <oobaka***NOSPAM@NOSPAM***nf.sympatico.ca> wrote in message

nil

Jul 23, 2007, 9:01:20 PM7/23/07
You may be right, but I am realistic and merely stating the facts. Even
you admit kids can be cruel. We have chosen not to have children in this
crazy world. Would you want to take the chance of bringing up a child
with this extra unknown variable of a not having a nuclear family ( notice
I never used the term "normal" family ). Children aren't trying to teach
us anything - it's the other way around. I can't believe you even said
that. Parents should be parents. It's Russian Roulette.

"Clint & Tammy" <clin...@nf.sympatico.ca> wrote in message

Jim

Jul 23, 2007, 10:09:40 PM7/23/07
I'm sorry but calling homosexuality a "medical condition" sounds intolerant
to me.
It's right up there with idiots thinking people "choose" to be gay.

Let's say they do discover a "marker" for homosexuality and learn how to
"fix" it
Now let's say they find markers for every other "condition"
What a perfect world it will be when everyone is the same.

"nil" <n...@nil.com> wrote in message

davehx

Jul 23, 2007, 11:18:00 PM7/23/07
how in the world would adopting the child lesson any stigma or supposed
torment he/she may face? that's just stupid

KR

Jul 24, 2007, 7:01:21 AM7/24/07
Because my post didn't make it clear and you are responding to my post
Daphne, I was responding to Brunswick with his/her narrow minded views
and his stance against same-sex-parent families. I am very supportive
of same sex couples becoming parents and think that people should
accept that our society is embracing this lifestyle.

KR

msas...@inbox.com

Jul 24, 2007, 7:48:47 AM7/24/07
It would seem that the people who call us selfish and assume that we
don't care about the needs of our child, haven't read our blog which
shows just how much thought has gone into our plans.

http://donorhunt.blogspot.com/

It's the very people who criticise us for wanting children who could
potentially make their lives a misery, not us, the open-minded,
thoughtful and loving parents.

And Nil, we are not trying to buy human material. I assumed from the
group title that this was a forum for things wanted, not necessarily
things you were willing to pay for.

Alicia

nil

Jul 24, 2007, 9:22:48 AM7/24/07
My best friend is West Indian. We are a mixed couple ( Chinese /
Caucasian ). And you call me intolerant ? ( I wonder how many non-white
slurs you've ever used ? ) People don't chose to be gay, so don't put words
in people's mouths. If you are looking to be combative go somewhere else
and try to be more tolerant.

"Jim" <oobaka***NOSPAM@NOSPAM***nf.sympatico.ca> wrote in message

nil

Jul 24, 2007, 9:46:36 AM7/24/07
You wrote two sentences. Are you asking a question or just being intolerant
? Again people only see what they want to see. Go back and reread the
thread. It seems you are only interested in calling someone stupid from
behind a computer screen ( you shouldn't call anyone stupid anyways - what
kind of parents did you have ? ) Maybe rather than them to trying to "start
a family", they can put their genuine love into adopting a needy child, who
could later say they wanted to do something good for him/her. I said
"maybe" - I may be wrong - it's a complicated issue. These sperm interviews
conducted in coffee shops seem awfully greasy. Did you read their blog and
their corresponding entries taken out of context ? I think we've all been
played.

I took note that you didn't disagree that there wouldn't be a stigma
attached.

"davehx" <pleasedonots...@gmail.com> wrote in message

nil

Jul 24, 2007, 10:12:19 AM7/24/07
I believe this topic is self-evidently inappropriate for this forum. Better
judgment should have been made. Try the personals like heterosexual people
do. I wish you all the best, but IMHO maybe you are not ready for children
regardless of your sexuality.
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

msas...@inbox.com

Jul 24, 2007, 11:26:12 AM7/24/07
Nil, there were no entries taken out of context on our blog. I wrote a
summary using a variety of quotes that reflected both sides of the
argument on choice concerning homosexuality. Added to which I've
repeatedly linked to this forum for my readers to follow your
discussion in more detail.

As for whether or not we're ready to have children - you should not
making damning remarks like that about people without backing them up.

And why is it that you're alone in trying to remove this thread when
others appear to be enjoying the debate?

You strike me as a bully who's using his/her racial ties to claim a
general tolerance that you no not possess.

Alicia

Jim

Jul 24, 2007, 11:39:02 AM7/24/07
Read my post again...
I said idiots think people choose to be gay.
don't put words in MY mouth.

I will admit I have used racial slurs in the distant past until I was mature
enough to realize the hurt they can cause.

Being gay is as much of a condition as being West Indian, Caucasian or
Chinese.

These two women want to bring life into the world and all you can do is tell
them it's a bad idea because the child will be teased.
I'm a "normal" white male and I was teased because I was a fat kid with
glasses.
Should my parents not have had me because of that?
Many children get teased because they have mixed race parents.
Should you and your spouse not have children?
Hell...any child can get teased...whether it be they like the "wrong" type
of music,
wear the "wrong" brand of clothing or are just considered poor.

Should only racially pure, wealthy, physically perfect heterosexual people
have children?

"nil" <n...@nil.com> wrote in message

Jim

Jul 24, 2007, 11:43:47 AM7/24/07
I'd also like to mention that I'd gladly carry on this debate off group but
it seems you don't want anyone to know who you are, NIL

"Jim" <oobaka***NOSPAM@NOSPAM***nf.sympatico.ca> wrote in message

Message has been deleted

msas...@inbox.com

Jul 24, 2007, 11:54:36 AM7/24/07
Thanks Jim, this is essentially what I've been saying on my blog.
Children are cruel and they'll find something to tease in anybody.
Ironically, it's the types or people who think we shouldn't have kids
because they might be subject to discrimination who will
probably do the discriminating.
Alicia

Nas

Jul 24, 2007, 3:02:06 PM7/24/07
Is that the same 'God' that wrote that 'book' which says something to
the effect: "...do not judge, lest ye be judged..."? And where's that
rule about having parents of the same sex?

Fricking fundamentalist moron! (That's not a judgement by the way -
just an observation.)

brunsw...@hotmail.com wrote:
> On Jul 21, 10:50 pm, "Dan" <toodlie_...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I have to agree davehx ... although it may not be for the same reason! And I
>> realize this is not the place/medium to discuss this to much further I will
>> venture to state my long time belief. I've always said that this world would
>> be a better place if all or at least the majority of our leaders were women.
>> And as far as two women raising a child, be it male or female, they would be
>> quite capable of giving them all the positive life lessons. And because I'm
>> so supportive of this position and plan, I would be more than willing to
>> suffer the consequences of being either the sperm donor or a practise dummy.
>> I await your earliest response ;o))
>>
>> danj
>>
>> "davehx" <pleasedonotspamsplooc...@gmail.com> wrote in message

>>> i think you're wrong

nil

Jul 24, 2007, 9:17:35 PM7/24/07
You couldn't be more wrong. I believe this forum wasn't meant for debates
or for copy and paste blogging; selective summarizing, for your own personal
enjoyment. Repeatedly linking this forum to your blog shows you've lost
your focus on acquiring the one thing you were, allegedly, unable to get
from a sperm bank ( yes, I know they have strict requirements ). You seem
only interested in drawing attention to yourself and bloating your blog. Do
you see hetero people using the nf.wanted for personals ? Better judgment
should have been made. Name-calling only weakens your point of view.

Swimming upstream is difficult huh ?

Good luck.

<msas...@inbox.com> wrote in message

Jim

Jul 24, 2007, 10:02:28 PM7/24/07
If this group isn't for debates (which it isn't), why did you use it to tell
how wrong the two ladies are for wanting a child?
You could have just as easily told them how you feel directly.

"nil" <n...@nil.com> wrote in message

Robert Babb

Jul 25, 2007, 7:13:32 AM7/25/07
On Jul 21, 11:38 am, msas1...@inbox.com wrote:
> We, Sarah and I, are a young lesbian couple who've been together for
> seven years and we're hoping to start a family soon. We feel that
> sperm banks are too impersonal for us and would rather find a donor
> that we can get to know and vet for ourselves.
>
> For more information see our websitehttp://donorhunt.blogspot.com/

Well, I have no children of my own owing to ill fate in my
relationships. I am 51 now and my oppertunities for impregnating are
somewhat limited. Certainly not with my wife who is well past that
time in her life.
I would like to have passed my attributes on into the future and seems
your request may be one way to do that.
I teach a technological program in a technological college, am in good
health and fit, I have good features and my family (siblings) are also
all successfull. Guess I'm saying my gene pool is good.
I could deliver in a vial or some other method.
It's perhaps to late in this offer but such is life I guess. email me
if you wish more <astro at nl dot rogers dot com>.

msas...@inbox.com

Jul 25, 2007, 7:36:47 AM7/25/07
Oh give it a rest Nil. You say this is the wrong place for discussion
yet you attack me for attempting to migrate the debate to a more
suitable place (our website).

Robert, thanks for your message. We'll try and get back to you soon.

Helen Hillier

Jul 25, 2007, 8:47:18 PM7/25/07
I don't know from who or where this topic originated but I do know many of
you need to do a whole lot of changing in your way of thinking.
Where do any of you get the notion that their is a marker or cause for
homosexuality? Where do any of you get the notion that being gay is a
medical condition?
Have any of you ever thought that maybe being with the opposite sex is just
as strange as alot of you think being with the same sex is. The stigma of
being gay is known has being a crime, a mortal sin, the devils act and a
whole bunch more of rediculous observations of opinions. With so many gays
finally having the courage to stand up for what they know their rights are,
have we not asked ourselves "Is there really a right or wrong way to be a
couple"? do you think that just maybe we are just meant to be happy.
Has for a leesbian couple wanting to have a child by way of a sperm donar,
well what the hell is wrong with that? Children love unconditionally, they
don't care if their parents are purple, with one eye as long as they are
loved. I am a severly physically challenged adult but had my parents had the
narrow minds of those that responded to the originally poster of this ad,
than I would have been aborted or left to grow up in some orphanage.
However, I grew up loved, nutured and tought to be strong and look pass the
stairs and comments of those that didn't have the self confidence to love
themselves. I am now 44, married to my soulmate and now he is the one who
stays strong pass the stairs and comments. No matter how perfect you think
you can make your childs world, well get your head back into reality because
there is no perfect world. Children will be teased for humpteen reasons but
you has parents have to teach them to be tough and true to themselves.
It's easy for some of you to suggest adoption but do you have any idea how
long the adoption waiting list is here in Newfoundland. Betteer still, do
you have any idea the invasion process that goes on into your life before
you even get to be considered worthy enough to be put on a list. To say that
only the PERFECT couples would be considered is an understatement and I am
somehow thinking that being a lesbian couple would not be considered the
ideal couple just from the narrow minded opinions that are here. I wonder
how many on the adoption commitee would share your opions.
Sarah I congratulate you and your partner on wanting to start a family. My
husband and I desperately want a child but unfortunately we would need a
double donor. Someone to donate and someone to carry the fetus and that will
never happen. But how many children are born to drug addicts, alcoholics,
physical abusers or sexual abusers? I guarentee you when those children go
to school with their peers, they'd think they were in heaven if they were
placed with lesbians or a physically challenged parent. I get looked down
upon all the time because of my disability but my husband and I have done
child care for many years and we have unbelievable respect from the parents
of the children that we have cared for because they know the undying love
that we have for children and how happy and unjudgemental their children
are. Alot can be taught to a child by a diverse or different
situation...............just something to think about when you try to think
for your child or look for child care.

Sincerely

Helen Hillier

msas...@inbox.com

Jul 27, 2007, 8:51:39 AM7/27/07
Thanks Helen. I'm surprised that so many people are as narrow minded
as they are given that most people have either belonged to a minority
group or experienced something that makes them different from "the
norm" at some point during their lives.