HEEEE HAAAAAA!

1 view

paddlehands

Sep 17, 2006, 3:08:48 PM9/17/06
I have my boat back. Thanks to Dave "The Sleuth" Dobbin. One of Dave's
friends noticed a boat under a door step in someone's backyard that
wasn't there before. Dave went over and recovered my boat. There are
Kayak Gods afterall. I thanked Dave immensely already and I want to
thank his friend for noticing as well. I will tell all but in the
process of contacting RNC with the particulars. The Street was Bells
Turn. I don't want to say too much because I don't want to compromise
their investigation. Thanks a million to ya all and thanks to the Kayak
Club. Obviously it couldn't have been done without you all.

My sincerest gratitude,

Stan

paddlehands

Sep 17, 2006, 3:08:51 PM9/17/06

pwde...@nl.rogers.com

Sep 17, 2006, 3:52:01 PM9/17/06
Excellent news. Hope they hang him/her high. Have my doubts about that,
but at least the boats back and someone will have to pay.

Paul Delaney

benso...@gmail.com

Sep 17, 2006, 3:54:46 PM9/17/06
Great news, Stan. That Dave fella sure gets around.
I hear he's been parking his car all day long at the hospital with his
Carolina on top to see if he could catch the guy. No takers I guess.

TonyLee

Sep 17, 2006, 5:17:54 PM9/17/06
Glad to hear you have your kayak back Stan but the REAL story here is
what a stand up guy Dave Dobbin is!!! I just spoke to him on the phone
and he explains how he went over to this guys house and simply took the
kayak...took alot of balls if you ask me! This is a great example of
both the power of this newgroup as well as what amazing people we have
around us in this kayak club. DAVE DOBBIN YOU ROCK!!!

Kuviasuktok

Sep 17, 2006, 5:29:54 PM9/17/06

That great news Stan. Ya gotta like a story that ends like that.
Hopefully the other stolen kayak will be recovered also. I guess its a
lesson learned for everyone.

Tony R :-)

Shepp

Sep 17, 2006, 5:48:14 PM9/17/06

That's great new Stan. Well done Dave!
Shepp

Squidink

Sep 17, 2006, 7:17:45 PM9/17/06
Great news Stan. Yeah Dave - we need a kind of trophy I guess (kayak
sleuth award?! i dont'give'a'sh&*'i'm'getting'my'buddies'boat'back
award....).

Neil

Sep 17, 2006, 7:20:57 PM9/17/06
This is really incredible. Way to go, Dave!!! Congratulations Stan!
I'm sure paddling will be even sweeter in the kayak that almost got
away.

I am yet again amazed by the power of our kayaking community.

Neil

Message has been deleted

Alex McGruer

Sep 18, 2006, 7:42:59 AM9/18/06
WAY TO GO DAVE.
I would dearly love to know the details as this is very close to my
home and I was on the board of directors for MacMorran Community Centre
for 4 years.
My email is mcgrueralarms ( at ) nf.aibn.com .

Corrie Davis

Sep 18, 2006, 8:04:51 AM9/18/06
Congrats.

Good to hear.

Hopefully the skeet community will learn not to f*** with the paddling
community!

paddlecat

Sep 19, 2006, 4:49:02 PM9/19/06
Hi Stan,

What an adventure. The highs and the lows, a happy ending, and a hero
to boot. We need a victory paddle (on my weekend off would be nice,
which is this one coming). Maybe Dave will wear his supper hero kayak
suit ;-). Glad all is well.

Patsy

paddlehands

Sep 19, 2006, 5:40:11 PM9/19/06
I am up for a paddle on Sunday if anyone is into it. Dave could ya give
me a call as I can't seem to find the number you gave me at the gym.
Thanks.

Stan.