stained glass window stickers?

Trevor Kearsey

Mar 5, 2004, 9:35:27 AM3/5/04
Anyone know of a place in town that has a selection of window cling stained
glass or misted/cloudy window clings. I have a french door I'd like to add
some privacy to, without adding curtains. Thanks.

trevor

Dan Parrell

Mar 5, 2004, 10:17:28 AM3/5/04
Trevor
without adding colored plastic images to doors,I would mask up the glass
with tape,use a razor blade to cut out a desired pattern like
trees,flowers,birds or just grid lines.Cover the rest of the door in plastic
and take it to a shop that does sand blasting. The frosted effect is
beautiful which still offers light and most especially privacy
regards
Helloise

"Trevor Kearsey" <tkea...@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message

Trevor Kearsey

Mar 5, 2004, 10:40:47 AM3/5/04
I agree that is very nice, but I'm kind of leaning towards getting some
blueish abstract design. I think the color would be nice. I can't say until
I actually see the final product though. :)

thanks for your reply.
trevor

"Dan Parrell" <xxxx...@roadrunner.nf.net> wrote in message

Observant Corvus

Mar 5, 2004, 12:16:55 PM3/5/04
There used to be a crafts product that was "stained glass paint" : you
painted this stuff on a clean window in whatever design you wanted , and
it crackled on drying itno an effect much like coloured etched glass (
blasted, ground ). Check at Kent's Deco/arts/crafts department or at MF
Kelly Art Supplies, Should be available somewhere....maybe even
Wallymart or Cantire Paint dept....or at a paint store, for that matter.

Came in all colours....

Observant

Siobhan Bouzane

Mar 5, 2004, 12:24:32 PM3/5/04
There is a place down Thorburn Road (on the RHS just before St. Thomas'
Line) Called Sunhound Glassworks 1453 Thorburn Rd, 709-895-5097 perhaps
they may provide a service you need.

hth
"Observant Corvus" <the_se...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Tookie

Mar 5, 2004, 1:17:13 PM3/5/04
Frosted MacTac. It can be cut and stuck, and I'm sure there is some type of
coating that could be applied to color it.
Maybe you could look at some type of chemical etchant and dye.

Tookie

Fogbank

Mar 5, 2004, 6:45:01 PM3/5/04
there used to be some stuff on the market that etched glass. applied
like a gel, let it sit for awhile then rinse off and etched. anyone
know if this is available anywhere?

emtecca

Mar 6, 2004, 2:47:24 PM3/6/04
yes it is still available...you can get it at wally mart...can't remember
the name of it though. Should be in the crafts section...one of the floor
walkers should be able to bring you right to it if you describe to them what
you are looking for.

"Fogbank" <rob...@nf.sympatico.ca> wrote in message

Kelly Bee

Mar 6, 2004, 10:19:14 PM3/6/04
You can buy Gallery Glass Paint in lots of colours at Wal-Mart but I
wouldn't recommend it for an exterior window. We had it on a window and the
cold made it brittle and parts of it broke off. We have since had some
acrylic cut and have put the paint on that and hung it in the window so it
doesn't get the extreme temperature change like before.

Kelly