Women voting for Layton after he was found naked with a prostitute?

Dave

Apr 29, 2011, 9:25:50 PM4/29/11

Dave

Apr 29, 2011, 9:36:17 PM4/29/11

Dave

Apr 29, 2011, 10:31:23 PM4/29/11

Dave

Apr 29, 2011, 10:40:35 PM4/29/11

cloud dreamer

Apr 29, 2011, 10:48:20 PM4/29/11

<yawn>

The UNSUBSTANTIATED Conservative smear campaign continues.

..

Dave

Apr 29, 2011, 10:51:24 PM4/29/11
On Apr 30, 12:48 am, cloud dreamer <dont.att...@the.messengers> wrote:
> On 30/04/2011 12:10 AM, Dave wrote:

> >>http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2011/04/29/18085936.html?cid=rssne...
>
> >http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20110429/jack-lay...

> <yawn>
>
> The UNSUBSTANTIATED Conservative smear campaign continues.
>
>   ..

Actually it only serves to help the Liberals. The Cons have said they
want nothing to do with the story. However it's hard not to draw a
conclusion when you are found naked in a known bawdy house, with an
asian prostitute who has a wet kleenex in her hand. All from a police
officers notes which were signed by his commanding officer.

Dave

Apr 29, 2011, 11:16:57 PM4/29/11
Hmmmmm................. what reputable massage clinics are open at
9:30pm and have warning lights for the staff in case of a police raid?
Message has been deleted

hogsnogz

Apr 30, 2011, 4:06:10 AM4/30/11
On Apr 30, 12:40 am, Dave <davemccarthy...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Apr 30, 12:31 am, Dave <davemccarthy...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> > >http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/video/924574695001
>
> >http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2011/04/29/18085936.html?cid=rssne...
>
> http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20110429/jack-lay...

Why has it taken so long for this to come out?!?!? Obviously because
the NDP are gaining ground on the conservatives. This has dirty
politics written all over it!!

David

Apr 30, 2011, 7:17:39 AM4/30/11
Assuming he actually did this.... I could care less. LOL.. I find it funny
that he would go to a "Rub and Tug" actually, which is the "Pre-school" of
prostitution...

Gotta love politics! If libel and slander laws were enforced without public
complaint, it would be a busy time for police and the courts!

David.

--------------

"Dave" wrote in message

cloud dreamer

Apr 30, 2011, 8:01:16 AM4/30/11
And it's hitting the real media alright...smothered in the background
and labelled as smear.

Yup. Bribe an MP and it's fine. Get caught in a "suspected" whore house
15 years ago but not charged and it's the end of the world.

Shameful commentary on the views of the Right.

..

--
We must change the way we live
Or the climate will do it for us

Dave

Apr 30, 2011, 9:35:30 AM4/30/11
On Apr 30, 10:01 am, cloud dreamer <S...@Resources.now> wrote:
> And it's hitting the real media alright...smothered in the background
> and labelled as smear.
>
> Yup. Bribe an MP and it's fine. Get caught in a "suspected" whore house
> 15 years ago but not charged and it's the end of the world.
>
> Shameful commentary on the views of the Right.
>
>   ..
>
> On 30/04/2011 8:47 AM, David wrote:
>

> > Assuming he actually did this.... I could care less. LOL.. I find it
> > funny that he would go to a "Rub and Tug" actually, which is the
> > "Pre-school" of prostitution...
>
> > Gotta love politics! If libel and slander laws were enforced without
> > public complaint, it would be a busy time for police and the courts!
>
> > David.
>
> > --------------
>
> > "Dave" wrote in message
>
> >http://canadianconservatives.wordpress.com/2011/04/30/jack-layton-eng...

> > It will hit the "real" media shortly.
>
> --
> We must change the way we live
>    Or the climate will do it for us

All rhetoric aside. Jack Layton (or Jack u Layton lol) Is prolly the
most Prime Ministerial material of the three. If I was on the fence
this incident would not sway my vote. As a side note the police were
there looking for sex slaves at 1:32 AM and Jack was there getting a
massage. They knew who he was and he co-operated. They let him go as
it was not worth their time.

I figure there will be a few more skeletons fall out of the closet
before Monday.

-Dave

Fred

Apr 30, 2011, 9:59:32 AM4/30/11
Why would women not vote for Layton after reading this? Your headline
makes it sound like he did something detrimental to women. Lots of women
are prostitutes, and I'm sure they vote also. Am I to construe from your
headline that you feel that men will have no problem voting for Layton
after reading this story, and that only women might be outraged?
Bollocks! I think women are far smarter that you seem to think they are.
The goings-on between consenting adults behind closed doors is, I
suspect, of little interest to most.
This story reeks of a tory attack ad. After all, a party which has at
its disposal the entire resources of the RCMP to, for example, act as
bouncers at their party rallies, can surely also direct those resources
to dig up the dirt on whomever they need to target and smear before
election day.
Message has been deleted

Dave

Apr 30, 2011, 10:40:24 AM4/30/11
> >http://canadianconservatives.wordpress.com/2011/04/30/jack-layton-eng...

> > It will hit the "real" media shortly.

I think it came from the Liberal camp, as Iggy has stated he is gonna
put Jack under the microscope. Also the NDP are taking votes from the
Libs and BQ not the Cons.

As for women. Would your mom vote for someone who uses the services of
an Asian Triad gang-run massage parlor? That was the reason the cops
went there in the first place. It was known to them for having Chinese
sex slaves/prostitutes. As they had raided it several weeks earlier
and this was a follow-up raid.

Fred

Apr 30, 2011, 10:51:29 AM4/30/11
Would your dad vote for someone who uses the services of

an Asian Triad gang-run massage parlor?

Dion

Apr 30, 2011, 11:25:48 AM4/30/11
If anything I think this makes Layton seem more human to the average
person. Can you imagine Robot Harper and his right-wing white Christian
fundamentalist values going for a rub-and-tug in an Asian massage
parlour ha!

Actually it's kind of speaks volumes that this is the worst that the
Conservatives and/or Liberals (whoever) were able to dig up on the man
to smear him.

Dave

Apr 30, 2011, 11:39:30 AM4/30/11
On Apr 30, 1:25 pm, Dion <d...@nospam.nf.sympatico.ca> wrote:
> If anything I think this makes Layton seem more human to the average
> person. Can you imagine Robot Harper and his right-wing white Christian
> fundamentalist values going for a rub-and-tug in an Asian massage
> parlour ha!
>
> Actually it's kind of speaks volumes that this is the worst that the
> Conservatives and/or Liberals (whoever) were able to dig up on the man
> to smear him.
>
> On 4/29/2011 10:55 PM, Dave wrote:
>

> >http://canadianconservatives.wordpress.com/2011/04/30/jack-layton-eng...

> > It will hit the "real" media shortly.

This both hurts Jack and Harper. It says Conservative smear and
Premature E Jack u Layton all in one. Those Liberals are crafty.

Dave

Apr 30, 2011, 11:40:25 AM4/30/11
On Apr 30, 12:37 pm, Bob Ster <Bobste...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dave <davemccarthy...@hotmail.com> wrote innews:c562882d-a11d-4dd1...@d28g2000yqf.googlegroups.com:
>
> >http://canadianconservatives.wordpress.com/2011/04/30/jack-layton-eng...

> > -in-prostitution/
>
> > It will hit the "real" media shortly.
>
> The URL itself speaks volumes.  No real need to follow the link.

That was just one. How about the CTV version?
http://www.google.com/url?sa=D&q=http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20110429/jack-lay

Dave

Apr 30, 2011, 11:49:46 AM4/30/11

Dave

Apr 30, 2011, 11:51:31 AM4/30/11

cloud dreamer

Apr 30, 2011, 11:54:52 AM4/30/11
On 30/04/2011 1:19 PM, Dave wrote:
> http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2011/04/29/18085936.html?cid=rssne

You can come up with all the links you want. It's not having the desired
effect. Word on the sites today is that it's hurting the Cons because
it's just another example of unsubstantiated smear and smacks of
desperation as the NDP pull to within four points of the Cons (less if
you take into account the MOE).

The only question remaining is whether or not Harper will do the
honorable thing when he is unable to form a majority government for the
third time.

If he doesn't, it's only a matter or time before his own party has to
pull him kicking and screaming out of his office on Parliament Hill.

..

Dave

Apr 30, 2011, 12:02:14 PM4/30/11

spick

Apr 30, 2011, 12:13:40 PM4/30/11
> http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/04/30/canada-politics-poll-idUSN3...

So another minority gov? Good.

Per the Layton story? No arrest, no charge, no conviction. No mention
for 15 years. No name on single source. Wait, what's the story again?

spick

Apr 30, 2011, 12:15:04 PM4/30/11

What's the story with Harper's wife?

cloud dreamer

Apr 30, 2011, 12:17:27 PM4/30/11

Nanos consistently has the highest MOE rates of all the pollsters - over
3% and always polled on the high end for the Cons.

Broken down regionally, that same poll gives the Cons 134 seats and it
gives the NDP and Liberals a combined total of 168.

The Angus Reid poll from yesterday also gives the NDP/Liberals a
majority combination.

Dave

Apr 30, 2011, 12:19:20 PM4/30/11

Rumors that she was having an affair with a woman RCMP officer.

For what it's worth...Layton HAS admitted to being there; his wife
admitted he was there. There is no "false or misleading" statements
about that. The problem is, Jack didn't know he was in a bawdy house.
Somehow he thought a "massage" took place in a room with a bed, with
tissues, on the second floor, up a dingy staircase, above a seedy
establishment, raided only 2 weeks before. Normally massages happen in
a room fitted with a massage table, warm towels, low music, dim
lights, warm oil, gurgling water... you know, a REAL massage parlour.

There are no lies about this report. These are facts, but maybe people
don't like to let facts get in their way of decision making.

-Dave

cloud dreamer

Apr 30, 2011, 12:22:06 PM4/30/11

No one is disputing the facts. No one gives a shit about something that
***may*** have happened 15 YEARS AGO. No one can substantiate that he
was having any dealings with a prostitute.

No one seemed to care for the last few elections. We don't care now.

Dion

Apr 30, 2011, 12:24:44 PM4/30/11
Wow that video was pathetic. Uncovering a story is one thing, but the
way that story was presented stinks any way you look at it. An obvious
attempt to turn nothing into something. Reminds me of the garbage you
see on Fox News from the USA.

On 4/29/2011 11:06 PM, Dave wrote:
> On Apr 29, 11:25 pm, Dave<davemccarthy...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> http://canadianconservatives.wordpress.com/2011/04/30/jack-layton-eng...
>>

>> It will hit the "real" media shortly.
>

> http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/video/924574695001

Dave

Apr 30, 2011, 12:27:18 PM4/30/11
On Apr 30, 2:17 pm, cloud dreamer <S...@Resources.now> wrote:
> On 30/04/2011 1:32 PM, Dave wrote:

> >> You can come up with all the links you want. It's not having the desired
> >> effect. Word on the sites today is that it's hurting the Cons because
> >> it's just another example of unsubstantiated smear and smacks of
> >> desperation as the NDP pull to within four points of the Cons (less if
> >> you take into account the MOE).
>
> >> The only question remaining is whether or not Harper will do the
> >> honorable thing when he is unable to form a majority government for the
> >> third time.
>
> >> If he doesn't, it's only a matter or time before his own party has to
> >> pull him kicking and screaming out of his office on Parliament Hill.
>
> >>    ..
>
> >> --
> >> We must change the way we live
> >>     Or the climate will do it for us
>
> > Nanos latest
>
> >http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/04/30/canada-politics-poll-idUSN3...

> Nanos consistently has the highest MOE rates of all the pollsters - over
> 3% and always polled on the high end for the Cons.
>
> Broken down regionally, that same poll gives the Cons 134 seats and it
> gives the NDP and Liberals a combined total of 168.
>
> The Angus Reid poll from yesterday also gives the NDP/Liberals a
> majority combination.
>
>   ..
>
> --
> We must change the way we live
>    Or the climate will do it for us

http://www.democraticspace.com/canada2011/

cloud dreamer

Apr 30, 2011, 12:46:47 PM4/30/11

That's not telling me much. Which polls? What are their MOE? How many
polled?

For example, that maximum number for the Cons is from April 24th. A
Nanos poll with a high MOE and 1/2 to 1/3 the number polled by other
pollsters like Ekos.

So that site is really just for entertainment value, not something to be
taken seriously from a statistical viewpoint.

Carter

Apr 30, 2011, 1:30:52 PM4/30/11
On 30/04/2011 1:32 PM, Dave wrote:

The only thing that will change after this election is the
official opposition. The Conservatives will form another
minority government and the NDP will form the official
opposition. Considering what the Liberals put forward as their
leadership that's a good thing.

Carter

Dion

Apr 30, 2011, 5:06:03 PM4/30/11
On 4/30/2011 3:00 PM, Carter wrote:
> The only thing that will change after this election is the official
> opposition. The Conservatives will form another minority government and
> the NDP will form the official opposition. Considering what the
> Liberals put forward as their leadership that's a good thing.
>
> Carter

For a short while yes, until Harper again loses the confidence of
Parliament - likely before the summer, or in the fall session for
certain. How that will happen is unclear though I suspect it will be by
continuing to act as before - refusing to cooperate with opposition
parties to make a minority parliament work, attempting to pass the same
failed budget without changes, continuing to hide spending details from
MPs, or continuing to embrace corruption, scandal and criminal activity
within the Conservative party. Once he loses the confidence, the
Governor General will ask another government to take over which will
most likely be a NDP-Liberal led government.

Once Harper is forced back into opposition I suspect he'll be kicked out
by his own party in time, if they have any sense anyway. Hopefully he'll
be graceful enough to act like it was his decision to resign for
"personal" or "health" reasons otherwise it could be quite a spectacle.

The main thing is, one way or another it looks as though Dictator Harper
is on his way out! Finally!

cloud dreamer

Apr 30, 2011, 5:13:49 PM4/30/11

As long as Jack gets the job before Harper fills the Supreme Court with
Yes Judges.

:]

Davvee

Apr 30, 2011, 6:01:36 PM4/30/11
On 4/30/2011 12:18 AM, cloud dreamer wrote:
> On 30/04/2011 12:10 AM, Dave wrote:

>>> http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2011/04/29/18085936.html?cid=rssne...
>>
>> http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20110429/jack-layton-massage-allegations-sun-media-110429/20110429?s_name=election2011
>>

> <yawn>
>
> The UNSUBSTANTIATED Conservative smear campaign continues.
>

> ..
Exactly!!!

Davvee

Apr 30, 2011, 6:02:24 PM4/30/11

LOL!!!!!

Carter

Apr 30, 2011, 6:29:37 PM4/30/11
On 30/04/2011 6:36 PM, Dion wrote:

What budget are you referring to as a failed budget? You must
know that every budget the Harper government has presented has
been passed by Parliament and the Senate with the exception of
the most recent one. The most recent one was never put to a
vote, Parliament was dissolved for other reasons before it came
to a vote.

If you were unaware of that all of your other predictions lack
credibility.

Carter

Davvee

Apr 30, 2011, 7:01:41 PM4/30/11
On 4/30/2011 12:07 PM, Bob Ster wrote:
> Dave<davemcc...@hotmail.com> wrote in
>
>> http://canadianconservatives.wordpress.com/2011/04/30/jack-layton-engaged
>> -in-prostitution/

>> It will hit the "real" media shortly.
>
> The URL itself speaks volumes. No real need to follow the link.

Totally agree with you here.

Dave

Apr 30, 2011, 8:03:25 PM4/30/11

Dion

Apr 30, 2011, 8:40:58 PM4/30/11

Carter I will state this as simply as possible so that you can
understand. The most recent budget "failed" because none of the
opposition parties agreed to support it. In a minority government
situation the governing party requires the support of other parties/MPs
to govern and thus are expected to work with other parties to find
common ground on important legislation (such as budgets!). You're
correct, it was not the budget that lead to the dissolution of
parliament however the opposition was clear that they would not support
the budget as given and they are unlikely to support it again if
presented as is. Since Harper has indicated that if elected again
(majority or minority) he plans to put forward the same budget
(unchanged) then it is unlikely to gain support of the house and thus
the Conservatives are likely to face another non-confidence motion in
the coming weeks should they be elected as a minority government.

It was of course the speaker of the house finding the Conservative
government in contempt of parliament that started the events that led to
the dissolution of parliament. Again an example of the "Harper
Government" being unwilling/unable to work with other parties.

Carter I hope that was simple enough for you to understand. I'm sure
you'll find some petty comment to make - because you have nothing better
to do with your time - however the point is clear. Bye bye Harper!

David

Apr 30, 2011, 8:42:10 PM4/30/11
Interesting wording in the story... the parlour in question " was
suspected to be a bawdy house since it opened, Toronto Councillor Giorgio
Mammoliti said"... From this read what it does say: it was never proven to
be a bawdy house.

Then the story says: "the massage parlour in the city's Chinatown
neighbourhood, which ceased operations down shortly after the police came
calling, opened in 1994 and was among 26 suspected bawdy houses Toronto
Police cracked down on with more than 300 charges."

Again it does not say that this parlour and its operators was convicted of
anything... heck, they are not even saying with certainty that the shop
itself actually faced any charges under any sex-trade laws... or ANY charge
at all for that matter.

The Globe and Mail Story is even more non-specific.

Says it all.

David

-----------------

"Dave" wrote in message

http://www.lfpress.com/news/decision2011/2011/04/30/18087896.html

Dave

Apr 30, 2011, 8:57:18 PM4/30/11
There is absolutely no possible way that anyone, no matter how dense
they are, could mistake a rub-'n-tug with a legitimate RMT clinic. Not
possible.

If you doubt me; if ANYONE doubts me, look-up "massage" in the back of
your local newspaper, and take your grandmother there. Walk her into
the front parlor and ask her what they do there... I guarantee any
amount of money that "medical massage therapy" is not the answer your
grandmother would give

cloud dreamer

Apr 30, 2011, 9:00:04 PM4/30/11

Well, Harper managed to mistake Tony Clement's riding for the border.

So anything is possible.

..

Carter

Apr 30, 2011, 10:58:21 PM4/30/11

The budget didn't fail because it was never put to a vote.

Is that too difficult for you to understand?

In a minority government
> situation the governing party requires the support of other
> parties/MPs to govern and thus are expected to work with other
> parties to find common ground on important legislation (such as
> budgets!). You're correct, it was not the budget that lead to the
> dissolution of parliament however the opposition was clear that
> they would not support the budget as given and they are unlikely
> to support it again if presented as is.

We won't know that until it is put to a vote. How willing do you
think the opposition parties would be to force another election?

Carter

Fred

May 1, 2011, 8:56:26 AM5/1/11
The good news is, by the time of the next election, I suspect that only
Layton and May will still be around as party leaders.

spick

May 1, 2011, 10:09:35 AM5/1/11

No need to force an election. The GG can grant a request by the
official opposition to form the government. Totally legit and per the
rules of parliament.

David

May 1, 2011, 1:18:18 PM5/1/11
Well, an undisputed part of the SUN and G&M story was that the individual
giving Layton a massage was a Registered Massage Therapist. Seeing as I
have never been in that location, and I can only assume you were not either,
how do you know what it was like?

You seem to WANT to believe it is true, because there is no reported
evidence to support it that I have seen, and we seem to be basing our
opinions on the same facts. please explain what makes you so sure?!

David.

"Dave" wrote in message

Carter

May 1, 2011, 2:34:57 PM5/1/11

That's correct. However, as the opposition parties know full
well, It requires more than a request, it requires a compelling
reason. The fact that the budget is not to their liking and was
voted down is not compelling. If they vote it down, as they
threatened to do before this election, for no other reason but a
quest for power, what they will get from the GG, in response to a
request by the PM, is another election.

Did you see anything in the last budget that would compel the GG
to grant a request by the opposition to form a government? If
you were the leader of the opposition party at present would you
risk being turned down and another election being called?

Carter

spick

May 1, 2011, 3:15:49 PM5/1/11

I'm sure the GG will weigh his decision on more then the singular
issue of the failing budget. Is it the oppositions 'quest for power',
or yet another example of the CPC failing to lead the parliament,
failing to cooperate with any of the opposition leaders? I would think
the GG will also take into account the two previous prorogation
requests by the PM, as well as the two recent motions of contempt
against the CPC by the speaker of the house.

You have to ask yourself, who/what is the problem here? Why isn't
parliament functioning? If the mandate is another minority government
as dictated by the citizens of Canada, then shouldn't they do their
best to function as one?

Dion

May 1, 2011, 3:16:37 PM5/1/11

On 5/1/2011 11:39 AM, spick wrote:
>> > We won't know that until it is put to a vote. How willing do you
>> > think the opposition parties would be to force another election?
>> >
>> > Carter
> No need to force an election. The GG can grant a request by the
> official opposition to form the government. Totally legit and per the
> rules of parliament.

Actually it probably won't even be a request from the opposition, rather
it will likely be the GG asking the opposition parties. The GG is
expected by convention to ensure at least 6 months go between elections
if at all possible.

spick

May 1, 2011, 3:20:37 PM5/1/11
On May 1, 4:34 pm, Carter <RC@AF/CF> wrote:

It's possible the GG would grant the request, seeing as the speaker of
the house found the CPC in contempt of parliament for failing to table
documents based on the submitted budget. How can the house pass a
budget without tabling the documents that outline the costs? The same
budget they will introduce once house is in session.

Snipe

May 1, 2011, 3:27:18 PM5/1/11

On 30/04/2011 1:54 PM, Dion wrote:
> Wow that video was pathetic. Uncovering a story is one thing, but the
> way that story was presented stinks any way you look at it. An obvious
> attempt to turn nothing into something. Reminds me of the garbage you
> see on Fox News from the USA.

Exactly! The CPC and Fox news are as ultra right-wing as they come.
Both use scare mongering to achieve their agenda. Facts be damned.

It's great to see that Canadian's are repulsed by this type of sleazebag
politics. The polls show an increase in the NDP numbers since the news
story.

The police might want to check out Fantino as a source of the
information leak...another desperate Conservative...

snipe

Snipe

May 1, 2011, 3:29:50 PM5/1/11

On 30/04/2011 1:49 PM, Dave wrote:
> There are no lies about this report. These are facts, but maybe people
> don't like to let facts get in their way of decision making.

LOL...The pot calling the kettle black...good one!

> -Dave

~Stardust~

May 1, 2011, 7:00:55 PM5/1/11
cloud dreamer <dont....@the.messengers> wrote in

LMAO!!! Thanks for the laugh! Good one.

Carter

May 2, 2011, 1:25:39 PM5/2/11

He will, if that is the issue placed before him.

Is it the oppositions 'quest for power',
> or yet another example of the CPC failing to lead the parliament,
> failing to cooperate with any of the opposition leaders?

He will make a decision based on either of those issues if they
are placed before him.

I would think
> the GG will also take into account the two previous prorogation
> requests by the PM,

No, he will not. Those two requests were approved by the GG.

as well as the two recent motions of contempt
> against the CPC by the speaker of the house.

A motion is just that, a motion. It is not proof and therefore
if it is placed before the GG he will ask for proof. Is there any?

> You have to ask yourself, who/what is the problem here?

The opposition parties who lust for power.

Why isn't
> parliament functioning?

Because the opposition parties will not let it function. If you
block every move proposed by the government, how can you expect
Parliament to function?

If the mandate is another minority government
> as dictated by the citizens of Canada, then shouldn't they do their
> best to function as one?

Of course. I assume by 'they' you mean every elected member and
all of the parties?

Carter

Carter

May 2, 2011, 1:28:08 PM5/2/11
On 01/05/2011 4:50 PM, spick wrote:

> It's possible the GG would grant the request, seeing as the speaker of
> the house found the CPC in contempt of parliament for failing to table
> documents based on the submitted budget.

He did?

Carter

Carter

May 2, 2011, 1:37:03 PM5/2/11
On 01/05/2011 4:46 PM, Dion wrote:

>>> you
>>> election?

>> No need to force an election. The GG can grant a request by the
>> official opposition to form the government. Totally legit and
>> per the
>> rules of parliament.
>
> Actually it probably won't even be a request from the opposition,
> rather it will likely be the GG asking the opposition parties.

That is clearly wrong;

http://www.parl.gc.ca/Content/LOP/researchpublications/prb0812-e.htm#gg5

Note questions 6 through 10.

Carter

spick

May 2, 2011, 4:41:54 PM5/2/11

Snipe

May 2, 2011, 8:03:48 PM5/2/11

On 01/05/2011 2:48 PM, David wrote:
> Well, an undisputed part of the SUN and G&M story was that the
> individual giving Layton a massage was a Registered Massage
> Therapist. Seeing as I have never been in that location, and I can
> only assume you were not either, how do you know what it was like?
>
> You seem to WANT to believe it is true, because there is no reported
> evidence to support it that I have seen, and we seem to be basing our
> opinions on the same facts. please explain what makes you so sure?!

It's his blind Tory support. The Tory motto...Never let the facts get
in the way of a good story...

snipe

> David.

Dion

May 3, 2011, 7:49:43 AM5/3/11

Like most Conservative supporters, he's been hiding in a dark room with
a paper bag over his head and his hands over his ears. Heil our new
Overlord Harper!

cloud dreamer

May 3, 2011, 7:59:20 AM5/3/11

And it'll be a matter of weeks, I imagine, six months tops, before
Harper starts doing things that have us going "told you so."

Not that it'll matter to Carter. He has a case of 1945 blindness.

..

--
We must change the way we live
Or the climate will do it for us

zippybear

May 3, 2011, 8:16:21 AM5/3/11
On May 3, 9:59 am, cloud dreamer <S...@Resources.now> wrote:
> On 03/05/2011 9:19 AM, Dion wrote:

> >> Yeah, he did. Where in the hell have you been?
>
> >>http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/speakers-contempt-ruling...
>
> >>http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/article/951327--conservatives-rule...

> > Like most Conservative supporters, he's been hiding in a dark room with
> > a paper bag over his head and his hands over his ears. Heil our new
> > Overlord Harper!
>
> And it'll be a matter of weeks, I imagine, six months tops, before
> Harper starts doing things that have us going "told you so."

Kinda like we can say 'told you so' with Ignatieff. Unlikeable,
sleazy looking old hat Liberal that couldn't even win his own riding.
Nice to see that guy shown the door.

Carter

May 3, 2011, 9:47:42 AM5/3/11

Where have I been? Right here following what is happening in the
country. You?

I think you had better read both of those news articles again,
particularly para 3 of the G&M article which says who and what
decided the government was in contempt. Also note that the
Parliamentary Committee made that finding before it had even met
to deal with the issue. It was a clear cut case of a witch hunt
for a reason, other than defeating a budget which neither
opposition wanted to be seen as doing, to bring down a
government. The result of yesterday's election shows how
successful that was.

Nuff said.

Carter

Dion

May 3, 2011, 12:03:33 PM5/3/11

The Speaker of the House found the government in contempt before the
committee. The speaker is by definition impartial. Nuff said.

Carter

May 3, 2011, 3:26:44 PM5/3/11

No, not nuff said.

167 seat majority, that's nuff said.

Carter

Snipe

May 3, 2011, 5:10:32 PM5/3/11

On 03/05/2011 4:56 PM, Carter wrote:

>> The Speaker of the House found the government in contempt before
>> the committee. The speaker is by definition impartial. Nuff said.
>

> No, not nuff said.
>
> 167 seat majority, that's nuff said.

Yeah, cause that has so much to do with the topic at hand...Typical
straw man when you can't prove your point.

A con majority...yep, enough said indeed. God help us...

snipe

> Carter

cloud dreamer

May 3, 2011, 5:19:50 PM5/3/11

Yup. Won't be long before we'll be saying "told ya so..."

..

Dion

May 3, 2011, 7:41:41 PM5/3/11
On 5/3/2011 4:56 PM, Carter wrote:

>> The Speaker of the House found the government in contempt before
>> the committee. The speaker is by definition impartial. Nuff said.
>
> No, not nuff said.
>
> 167 seat majority, that's nuff said.
>
> Carter

Proof that crime pays!