Film Review: The Obama Deception

Richard Moore

Mar 24, 2009, 2:53:01 PM3/24/09
to new...@yahoogroups.com, new...@lists.riseup.net, new...@googlegroups.com

Film Review: The Obama Deception

By John Kusumi

Alex Jones' new documentary, The Obama Deception, packs a powerful punch. Jones is known as a conservative / libertarian talk show host, activist, and filmmaker, running InfoWars.com (and .net) and PrisonPlanet.com (and .tv) web sites. As one would expect from the title, Jones is critical of Barack Obama, the latest President of the United States.

U.S. politics has been called the "east coast version of show business," and less charitably, "show business for ugly people." Former Minnesota Governor (and ex-pro wrestler) Jesse Ventura has been heard to compare present-day politics to pro wrestling, and he finds no difference whatsoever. In each case, show business is performed for the cameras. In this movie, Ventura makes a cameo appearance to repeat that observation.

If we can swallow the red pill and accept that idea -- that politicians are all playing roles in show business, reading their scripts into teleprompters and hamming for the cameras -- then it becomes fair to wonder, who is the choreographer, or the director, or the script writer? Are there men off camera pulling the strings of Barack Obama? Is he a puppet in the hands of -- (my offhand guess follows:) -- Zbigniew Brzezinski, Henry Kissinger, and David Rockefeller?

Brzezinski was National Security Advisor to former President Jimmy Carter. Kissinger was Secretary of State and National Security Advisor in the Nixon and Ford administration. Rockefeller founded the Trilateral Commission to influence U.S. foreign policy. Rockefeller is also a banker; the grandson of John D. Rockefeller, who founded Standard Oil; and proud to call himself a "globalist."

In this movie, Alex Jones confirms my offhand guess, fills us in on the background of the globalists, and spells out what he expects is the globalist agenda for Barack Obama to fulfill. If Jones' speculation is correct, then the "marching orders" for Barack Obama are truly ugly. Indeed, if Jones is right, then our entire planet should be put on red alert for what he sees coming.

Indeed, after he discusses some ugly truths and some evil intentions which he ascribes to the globalists, Jones actually implores all activists to man the battle stations. While he is happy to sell DVDs of this film from his web site, he also encourages the audience to burn and circulate more DVDs, even if that is from a free download which he also provides.

This is a time when Wall Street is a wounded institution, and so is the U.S. government (USG). Both have lost credibility, and their fevered spree of looting the nation continues at this time. Jones expresses that Wall Street and the USG have the same puppet master - puppet relationship as the globalists have to Barack Obama.

The film is done mashup-style, with quick cut editing. Multiple narratives and many issues are connected by Alex Jones' narration. Jones tells us the film's thesis explicitly. In his own words, "In this film we will prove that Obama says one thing and does another. And that he works for the very same elite interests that Bush served. The very interests engineering the financial collapse and formation of a dictatorial world government."

While this movie is ostensibly about Barack Obama, it ranges widely across a discussion of the global banking elite and four institutions in particular: the Federal Reserve, the Bilderberg group, the Trilateral Commission, and the Council on Foreign Relations. It is always disturbing when U.S. Presidents break their campaign promises; it is more disturbing to watch one behave as a puppet for Wall Street; but, the takeaway from this film, in the view of Alex Jones, is that "World dictatorship is coming!" (And hence, red alert / man the battle stations!)

His presentation is compelling. Actually, the film is a tour-de-force, and includes scenes that must be described as brilliant. In one memorable scene near the opening, Hip Hop artist and activist KRS-One explains:

"Barack is like the manager of Burger King. All presidents are, including Bush. It's like this -- when your fries are cold, if your burger's not done right, you go back to Burger King -- America, or your government -- and you say, 'My burger's cold! I want new fries!' First, you go to the cashier, that's the courts. You argue to the courts.

"The courts, if you can't get no justice with the cashier, you say 'Let me see the manager! I want to go to the Supreme Court! I want to see the President!' The manager comes out. 'Hi. What can I do for you?' Now, the manager can override the decisions of the cashier. But you never get to see the franchise owner of Burger King.

"If you really have a problem with your burger, you need to go see the franchise owner. We need to go to the top, or to the bottom. We need to go to where the real architecture of government is, and it's not in a President. It's in a global scheme."

That's followed by the mentioned cameo of Jesse Ventura, apparently with Willie Nelson sitting in the scene. Performer Joe Rogan makes the next poignant comment:

"It's pretty obvious that there's some gigantic financial institutions that have been pulling the strings of politicians in this country for a long time. Just the fact that we have it set up where they can donate millions of dollars to these guys' funds -- these guys' campaigns -- I mean, how do we not expect it all to go bad?"

After some more narration, Alex Jones says,

"If humanity has any hope of effecting real change for the better, it will not come from the Madison Avenue false reality makers, who have cast Barack Obama as the savior of the world.

"To alter our course from tyranny to liberty, to defeat the corrupt elite, we must get past the puppets and confront the real power structure of the planet."

Arguably, The Obama Deception does exactly that. Released on March 15, it was reported to have 160,000 YouTube views on March 16. At this writing on March 22, the YouTube counter has passed 400,000. That's traction, and this film has legs.

As for "the real power structure of the planet," Jones offers an engaging expose. The flim has a lengthy sequence depicting the 2008 meeting of the Bilderberg group in Chantilly, Virginia. The news media did not report on the Bilderberg conference, but it did report on a "secret meeting" between Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton, at an undisclosed location.

The undisclosed location would be the Westfields Marriott hotel, where Alex Jones and protesters were present and filming the scenes included in this movie. Basically, Obama and Clinton both stepped in briefly at the Bilderberg meeting. It comes to be engaging because what we see is basically a cat and mouse game of protestors telling global elites, "We're on to you!!" Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke drives by the protest.

Hence, the Bilderberg group becomes well documented and Jones' narration becomes riveting. He proceeds to explain how Bilderberg is the top group for the global banking / finance oligarchs, and how Bilderberg delegates some work to the Trilateral Commission, which in turn makes use of the Council on Foreign Relations for implementing the Bilderberg policies in the United States.

To discuss those interrelationships may seem abstract, but by filming on location in Virginia, Jones made the Bilderberg group concrete for viewers. Next, the abstract talk of the Trilateral and CFR groups becomes concrete when Jones names names, shows their pictures, and lists their affiliations:

• Treasury Secreaty, Timothy Geithner – Bilderberg, Trilateral

• Secretary of State, Hillary Rodham Clinton – Bilderberg, CFR (and married to Trilateral member Bill Clinton)

• Ambassador to the UN, Susan Rice – Trilateral

• National Security Advisor, Gen. James L. Jones – Bilderberg, Trilateral, CFR

• Dept. National Security Advisor, Thomas Donilon – Trilateral, CFR

• Special State Department Envoy, Henry Kissinger – Bilderberg, Trilateral, CFR

• Chairman of the Economic Recovery Committee, Paul Volcker – Bilderberg, Trilateral, CFR

• Director of National Security, Adm. Denis C. Blair – Bilderberg, Trilateral, CFR

• Secretary of Defense, Robert Gates – Bilderberg, Trilateral, CFR

• Dept. Secretary of State, James Steinberg – Bilderberg, Trilateral, CFR

• State Department Special Envoy, Richard M. Hass – Bilderberg, Trilateral, CFR

• Presidential Advisor, Alan Greenspan – Bilderberg, Trilateral, CFR

• State Department Special Envoy, Richard C. Holbrooke – Bilderberg, Trilateral, CFR

These people rode the coattails of Barack Obama into the new administration. Within the film, geopolitical analyst Webster Griffin Tarpley also offers his review of Obama's chosen economic team:

"If you look also at the people that Obama has put on his appointments list, it's all Wall Street. It's government of Wall Street, by Wall Street, and for Wall Street. There's nobody from heavy industry. There's nobody from the auto sector. Nobody from Silicon Valley. Nobody from big oil. Nobody from defense. No labor, no women, no retirees, no small business, nothing. It's pure Wall Street. The only people who have a voice in Obama's councils are Wall Street finance oligarchs. That's all there is. Nobody else counts for anything under Obama. It's the most extreme Wall Street administration we've ever had."

Tarpley also analyzes what they're doing there:

"What they're doing is using the existence of the United States -- as a formerly powerful nation state -- to act out their Wall Street fantasies of world domination and maintaining their capital structures and maintaining their system of looting. And this can't be done. So, the basic question is they've hijacked our country and you've got to take it back from them. You've got to drive Wall Street out of the government and at that point you'd have a reasonable chance of getting back to prosperity and some kind of peace and order in international affairs."

In addition to Tarpley, the film also highlights trend forecaster Gerald Celente, who diagnoses the present situation by saying, "Wall Street has killed Main Street....I mean, Wall Street has hijacked Washington in broad daylight." Celente says:

"About this Obama and change. Look at the people he's put in to mastermind the economic recovery. Larry Summers! I love it. Every time they talk about Larry Summers, he's always brilliant! He's another brilliant one. He's the one that helped dismantle the Glass-Stegal Act. The banking act that was put in place in the 1930s, so the banks couldn't get - become the banksters they've become."

Speaking about today's economy and its meltdown, Tarpley explains that derivatives are at the epicenter of the problem, thanks to people like Alan Greenspan, Bob Rubin, Larry Summers -- a lot of the people who are now back in the Obama administration.

The film proceeds to talk about the presence of lobbyists and donors, whom Obama first promised to bar, and then went back on that promise (or that lie) by packing his administration with lobbyists and donors. Next comes a sequence filmed at a rally to 'End the Fed,' with a scene showing Wayne Paul (the brother of former presidential candidate Ron Paul), explaining about the Federal Reserve.

The first half of The Obama Deception ends with Alex Jones speaking extemporaneously at that 'End the Fed' rally:

"And so they're bringing in classical hardcore tyranny in the U.S.. But we have the internet, we've grown our numbers, the alternative media has exploded; that's why they're trying to move in to shut down and regulate and tax the web, but it's too late for 'em.

"They're playing in the 19th century / 20th century rules. It's the 21st century, the century of resistance to tyranny. And so it's going to be one hell of a fight, with the people and free humanity on one side, and the New World Order on the other.

"And every one of you out there counts, needs to be involved in this fight like nothing you've been involved with before, because this is life and death. Everything depends on exposing these people. Everything depends on showing the people that this is the New World Order. This is the criminals. We're dealing with the king rats here. The people that are carrying out tyranny worldwide.

"And either they fall or we fall. Either worldwide darkness and a new age of tyranny and oppression with a scientific overlay, or a new age of liberty and freedom and a new renaissance.

"The choice is the people's out there. Okay, we can tell you what's going on, you can check it out for yourself and find out it's true. But don't wait. Investigate now. Get involved now. Go out there and reach out now. We don't have time.

"If you're loooking for the solution, look in the mirror. Look right into the mirror because you out there -- men, women, old, young, black, white -- it doesn't matter; it's going to be up to YOU if they win or if liberty succeeds and the people have a chance of having any future.

"These are cold blooded eugenicists; these are cold blooded people who think they're God; think that they're our masters; and think that we're animals. These are the guys who funded Lenin and Stalin and Hitler and Mao. It's all on record; they bankroll this stuff. They are hard core vicious and they must be resisted."

The second half of the movie explores problems with the Federal Reserve, its Wall Street Bailout, and Obama's economic stimulus package.

Jones then presents ten predictions for 'Barack Obama's Real Agenda':

1. Implement a 'Bank of the World' and carbon taxes

2. Build a police state control grid with a drafted civilian force

3. Disarm Americans and remove rights with gun control

4. Restrict free speech with a fairness doctrine expanded for the internet

5. Nationalize health care to ration access and availability of procedures

6. More militarism, including Africom as a command for Africa (to compete or conflict with China for the resources of that continent).

7. Federal control of family farms through animal ID legislation

8. Proceed with the merger of Canada, the United States, and Mexico into the North American Union.

9. Convince the U.S. people that Obama is really the one in charge. (Later, he will get the blame for the new disasters caused by the globalist agenda.)

Further to point #9, Jones said, "At that point the elite will put a new puppet in the ceremonial seat of power....For their program to work, it is essential that the people not learn that the presidency is now nothing more than theater.

"Because if they did, the people would stop looking at the pawns, and start looking for the king.

"Through this system of deceit, the elite's criminal agenda can continue forever, because the people waste all of their political energy debating the media spectacle instead of investigating the globalist agenda."

10. Sell the globalist agenda, and look the other way so that elites face no consequences (prosecution) for looting the economy, starting new wars, and practicing torture.

This review must digress, because Jones largely points an accusatory finger at "the New World Order and the global banking system." Just what is the New World Order? Analyst Webster Griffin Tarpley, in another quick cut clip, offers this to explain what's in the name:

"The New World Order is a more palatable name for the Anglo-American world empire. It's the planetary domination of London / New York / Washington over the rest of the world. It's hard to get people to join that or think they have a part in it if you call it the Anglo-American world empire. If you call it the 'New World Order' then people in India or someplace like that or the European Union might think, 'Well, there's something in that for us too.' But that's not what it is. It's the Anglo-American New World Order. It's really the old world order. It's the British empire morphing into the American empire, the U.S.-British world empire is what you're going to get."

The doctrine of American Exceptionalism comes to mind. But with America losing face around the world every day, is there any remaining market for American Exceptionalism? And isn't "hypocritical double standard" a good synonym for American Exceptionalism? If foreigners get to watch this movie, The Obama Deception, then won't they catch on that the New World Order is really more American Exceptionalism, which is to say a hypocritical double standard?

This review can conclude with Alex Jones' own narration:

"In summation, Barack Obama is a Madison Avenue created fad. All of the crazed Obama worship, being pushed by the corporate media, is scientifically designed to capture the public in a net of peer-pressure mass euphoria. If the New World Order can just distract the public for a few more years, the elite can finish constructing their police state control grid.

"Barack Obama is the perfect Trojan Horse. He makes the people feel like they finally have a place at the table, even as he betrays them.

"Sadly, many Obama supporters can't see what's right in front of their faces, because they've already invested their very identity in this artificially created cult movement.

"Throughout history, it has happened over and over again. People turn their intellect over to cult of personality mass movements, and it's happening again.

"The evidence presented in this film is documented fact. And those that ignore what history has taught us, do so at the peril of us all. As frightening as the information in this film is, there are many things we can do to stop the globalist agenda dead in its tracks.

"First, we expose the cult of Obama for what it is: a sad hoax. Next, realize that we are all being propagandized, 24/7. Investigate all information for yourself, be it political parties, the media, or this film. Be aware of the tricks that the elite use like the staging of false flag terror attacks and other crises.

"Rediscover the Constitution and Bill of Rights. Promote a culture of true liberty. There is a reason why the internationalists are attempting to destroy the sovereignty of all 50 states. They know it is one of the biggest threats to their domination.

"The federal government has been completely hijacked by foreign interest, and more than 25 states have recognized this fact and are moving to block the New World Order at the state level by declaring their 10th Amendment powers.

"But most important of all, there is a huge awakening taking place in the United States and across the world against the globalist agenda. Free people everywhere are joining together and saying no to corruption and tyranny, and no to world government.

"Humankind is at a historic crossroads. The forces of globalism are marching towards absolute despotism. Look in the mirror. Count the cost. And decide, are you going to let history repeat itself? Or, will you stand tall with freedom lovers everywhere, and stop the completion of a world dictatorship?"