Liz Burbank: IT'S WAR - WE NEED TO ENGAGE

Richard Moore

Sep 19, 2009, 4:02:02 AM9/19/09
to new...@yahoogroups.com, new...@lists.riseup.net, new...@googlegroups.com

9/18 The Brute Factory: from Somalia to Ohio; Black is Back: Coalition to Fight Imperialism; Girl Scout War Preps

Posted September 19th, 2009 by liz burbank

commentary: IT'S WAR - WE NEED TO ENGAGE

Capital lives and grows by war, different kinds of war, war that must suck the blood and life out of 'us' worldwide or die. But the U.S. war for global hegemony has been a new, desperate type of imperialist war because if loses global supremacy to upcoming rivals and revolutions, U.S. finance capital is dead.

911 was the long-planned pretext and starting gun for a new phase and type of capitalist war against the masses of working and oppressed peoples and nations.

Now we are more directly the enemy. Yesterday's 'reds' became today's 'terrorists'. Bush speechwriters phrased the constant war m.o. succinctly: "If you aren't with us, you're with the terrorists"... 'us' as in 'US'.

US imperialist war is no longer to jsut defeat rival nations as with previous conventional world wars. It is now a ubiquitous, total *'constant conflict', 'preventive war' against potential threats, 'non-state actors', 'suspected terrorists', to conquer the world and us.

No more middle-ground. State terrorism declared war on all opposition or resistance. The official "GWOT"strategy in the 2002 United States Government, National Security Strategy of the United States codified the 'preventive counter-terrorism' strategy announced by Clinton in May 1998 Presidential Decision Directive (PDD) 62 with a National Coordinator for Security, Infrastructure Protection, and Counterterrorism .

The NSS 2002 blueprint spells out the terrorfying agenda Obama was hired to execute continuing and expanding the Bushwhacked regime's.

1998 Visions of Governance for the Twenty-First Century Catastrophic Terrorism: Elements of a National Policy, Philip Zelikow director, http://www.hks.harvard.edu/visions/publication/terrorism.htm

'We the people' are the real enemies in the U.S.' all-out, all-or-nothing global war for 'full spectrum dominance'. A war embedded in every nook & cranny of this system and society, exported to every continent, soft and hard power war, not just bombs, but maximum military might always ready. Capitalist war is class war and since imperialism is 'globalized' capitalism...we are at war 'over there' and here.

White supremacist amerika is made of war, ongoing genocide against Blacks and Indians in the 'homeland', endless fascist unjust slaughter of millions for imperialist 'national security'. Physical wars dependent on ideological war, racist fear and divisions of peoples and nations, poisonous shit spewed called news, education, religion, culture and entertainment, 24/7 barrage of free-speech class war state propaganda all to maximize U.S. power and profits - and prevent revolutions,

Fascism's friendlier - face war has turned U.S. capitalism's deep structural crisis into a major coup for finance capital: unknown trillions socialized into the working class debt, 'shopping discomfort' for the class-race privileged in the 'homeland', disaster for working and oppressed peoples and expanding destruction throughout Africa, Arab countries and Asia. Global state terror war for 'full spectrum dominance'. Obama said please call U.S. military aggression 'overseas contingency operations'.

Through war U.S. nation state capitalism outgrew its borders, globalized into imperialism, Conventional imperialist world wars against discrete nation states temporarily resolved structural capitalist crises by defeating rivals, restructuring and consolidating global capital under expanded U.S. hegemony.

This global domination 'vision', as old as amerika's declared 'manifest destiny', culminating in the post - Soviet Union strategy, proposed an urgent new geostrategy to prevent upcoming capitalist rivals or / and revolutions is contained in many documents, including these:

1992 Pentagon's Plan: 'Prevent the Re-Emergence of a New Rival' , NYT March 8, 1992

Excerpts from the Pentagon's Feb. 18 draft of the Defense Planning Guidance for the Fiscal Years 1994-1999: addresses the fundamentally new situation created by the collapse of the Soviet Union, the disintegration of the internal as well as the external empire, and the discrediting of Communism as an ideology with global pretensions and influence. The new international environment has also been shaped by the victory of the United States and its coalition allies over Iraqi aggression -- the first post-cold-war conflict and a defining event in U.S. global leadership. In addition to these two victories, there has been a less visible one, the integration of Germany and Japan into a U.S.-led system of collective security and the creation of a democratic "zone of peace." http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9E0CE1D7173AF93BA35750C0A...

1996 A Clean Break: A New Strategy for Securing the Realm

A policy blueprint for incoming Israeli president Benjamin Netanyahu prepared by The U.S. Institute for Advanced Strategic and Political Studies’ "Study Group on a New Israeli Strategy Toward 2000."

1997 A Geostrategy For Eurasia, by Zbigniew Brzezinski

Foreign Affairs,76:5, September/October 1997 Council on Foreign Relations Inc.

1997 The Grand Chessboard: American Primacy and its Geostrategic Imperatives

Zbigniew Brzezinski

Constant Conflict

US Army War College Quarterly, Parameters

There will be no peace. At any given moment for the rest of our lifetimes, there will be multiple conflicts in mutating forms around the globe. Violent conflict will dominate the headlines, but cultural and economic struggles will be steadier and ultimately more decisive. The de facto role of the US armed forces will be to keep the world safe for our economy and open to our cultural assault. To those ends, we will do a fair amount of killing.

2000 Strategy, Forces and Resources For a New Century:

The Project for the New American Century (PNAC) is a neo-conservative think tank with strong ties to the American Enterprise Institute, established spring of 1997 as "a non-profit, educational organization whose goal is to promote American global leadership."

Blood borders: How a better Middle East would look

By Ralph Peters, Armed Forces Journal - Military

The boundaries projected in the maps accompanying this article redress the wrongs ...www.armedforcesjournal.com/2006/06/1833899

CONPLAN 8022 Preemption Strike Plan - conventional and nuclear weapons) now merged with the main U.S. strategic war plan http://www.fas.org/blog/ssp/2008/07/globalstrike.php

Analysis of 2008 Army Modernization Strategy

 The US military sees the next 30 to 40 years as involving a state of continuous war against ideologically-motivated terrorists and competing with Russia and China for natural resources and markets... The 90 page document sets out the future of international conflict for the next 30 to 40 years as the US military sees it and outlines the manner in which the military will sustain its current operations and prepare and "transform" itself for a post cold war future of "perpetual warfare".... Some of the characteristics are familiar enough to a world audience accustomed to the rhetoric of the global war on terror."A key current threat is a radical, ideology-based, long-term terrorist threat bent on using any means available - to include weapons of mass destruction - to achieve its political and ideological ends. Relatively new, "emerging" features are also included in the document's rationale for future threats."We face a potential return to traditional security threats posed by emerging near-peers as we compete globally for depleting natural resources and overseas markets."... a pre-eminent threat to the security of the US and its allies "population growth - especially in less-developed countries - [which] will expose a resulting 'youth bulge'."...this will present the US with further "resource competition" in that these expanding populations in the developing world "will consume ever increasing amounts of food, water and energy".... information communication technologies and digital technologies will create a new "networked" human soldier - the 'Future Force Warrior' - who will deploy among the target population and will operate simultaneously several remote, unmanned ground and air weapons systems.... Supplementing these future global offensive operations, according to the strategy document, is the US military's planned domination of inner space or the earth's exo-atmospheric zone.... It states explicitly that the US military is preparing to fight continuous resource wars "for the long haul". The document also describes explicitly the manner in which the earth's orbit is now deemed a legitimate zone for offensive military activity. Dr Tom Clonan is the Irish Times Security Analyst. He lectures in the School of Media, DIT. tcl...@irish-times.ie

Our only real interest in this system is burying it. As Audre Lorde said, silence won't save you. Neither will pretending the problems stem from 'the other side' of the state's coin, that opposition to Obama's crimes is just republicans, just about 'healthcare reform' and all about 'racism' ... as the new hire exuberantly executes and expands the 'national security' agenda that Bush's personna backfired.

What are we waiting for? Hasn't reality trumped the obscene big lies and proved the U.S. enemy is resistance? With no domestic resistance capital has had a free hand grinding us into mercenary gunfodder and indebted, powerless labor, gold dust for finance capital. Isn't it clear yet the capitalist-zionist rulers will destroy the world and humanity to control it? What more do we need to recognize the difference between friends and enemies? To stop 'hoping' our ruthless enemy will 'change' into our savior? Isn't it time for decent people say enough act accordingly? It is time to support our allies in fighting the major source of destruction and death because regardless of political serious differences, they are courageously fighting and dying for us too, to rid this world and planet of our #1 enemy and destroyer. It's time to welcome and build off the defeats dealt to our common enemy.

It's past time to stop capitulating to, stop collaborating with the enemy's war against us and our world. It's revolutionary war-time.

Where to start? Get real, talk about it. Break the complicit silence, don't permit the most important subject in the world to be silenced, for any reason.

Polls show most people in the belly of this beast don't trust the media. That leads to cynicism and paralysis unless people get truthful information . Make it happen. And dig into how people see fundamentally changing things, creating a new system with the people in charge, doling out justice for the destroyers. If we don't do it, it will not happen. Revolution is a continuing, complex process that begins, not ends, with the people seizing state power. We need to build a genuine anti-imperialist movement, learn from recent past errors: a democrat controlled 'anti-war' movement as an 'anti-Bush' force to get into power, that disappeared when the other electoral arm of imperialism took over. Political practice and theory depend on and grow from each other. Without revolutionary theory, as Lenin said, there can be no revolutionary movement. Black and Brown peoples in amerika terrify our common enemy because they have provided the leading edge of revolutionary struggle. We need to learn from this proud, critical history and from revolutionary leaders, movements and regimes. Political line and strategy is the heart of leadership, guided by revolutionaries who respect and reflect in word and deed the fact that revolutionary power comes from and through the people, not over them.

While writing this commentary, the U.S. invaded Somalia expanding AFRICOM's role in conquering the continent, intensified provocations against Iran, refusing to prohibit israeli attack plans, slaughtered thousands more in the growing 'AfPak' state terror war, prepared to increase military forces in Iraq, approved more fascist 'Bush' laws and BAR announced the following heartening and urgently necessary anti-imperialist development. Will we make this and other such organizing

a new beginning?

Black is Back! A Coalition to Fight the Powers that Be – Including Obama

by BAR executive editor Glen Ford

“Obama is an obstacle that must be struggled against, a formidable bulwark of finance capital and imperial barbarism."

Black leadership is paralyzed, white “progressives” are still drunk on ObamaL'aid, and much of the purported anti-war movement fears to confront the nation's First Black President. As historically the most reliably anti-war and pro-social justice ethnicity in the United States, African Americans have a special role to play in the late capitalist drama. “To free our people’s hopes and dreams from oblivion, we need a coalition dedicated to the proposition that Black is Back.”

“The election of Obama as president has undermined our solidarity with the oppressed peoples of the world as well as our own efforts for liberation.”

If we are to head off political and existential disaster, it is critical that Black-led formations reassert themselves to reverse the paralysis that has engulfed the Black Liberation, anti-war and anti-corporate movements since the ascension of Barack Obama. The evidence has accumulated in fearsome abundance: rather than unleashing the pent-up energies and aspirations of those who suffer under the rule of profiteers and militarists – most especially, African Americans – Obama’s rise has led to wholesale surrender of Black and “progressive” leadership to the financial and war-making interests embraced by the First Black President.

“’Black is Back’ is a statement of the re-entry of African people into political life independent of Barack Obama and the Democratic Party,” reads the Call to build the Black is Back Coalition for Social Justice, Peace and Reparations. At an organizing meeting in Washington, DC, more than a dozen “leading anti-imperialist African diaspora activists, artists, journalists and organizations” (including this writer) agreed that “the election of Obama as president has undermined our solidarity with the oppressed peoples of the world as well as our own efforts for liberation.” ...

It is the job, first and foremost, of African American anti-imperialists to confront Obama’s militarism. This would nullify excuses from non-Black activists who claim that fear of alienating Blacks makes them reluctant to directly challenge Obama. When we Bring Back Black, we advance the struggle of all peoples.

Obama Administration Increasing US Presence in Iraq

WP's Walter Pincus reported that when U.S. troops are "withdrawn," their jobs are taken over by mercenaries -- "contractors,"