The players in the global financial system

Richard Moore

May 27, 2008, 8:03:12 AM5/27/08
to new...@yahoogroups.com, new...@lists.riseup.net, new...@googlegroups.com

__________

Begin forwarded message:
From: WellDunn/Tacenda <>
Date: 27 May 2008 11:16:38 IST
To: Richard Moore <r...@quaylargo.com>
Subject: THE COMMITTEE ON GLOBAL FINANCIAL SYSTEM: VICE CHAIR OF FED IS CHAIR...

GLOBAL FINANCIAL SYSTEM already HERE?
I WILL LOOK INTO THIS LATER, BUT WANTED YOU TO SEE IT, AS IT TIES IN WITH THE MARY POST ABOUT THE FED THAT I READ EARLIER TONIGHT...I FOUND THIS BY ACCIDENT, . LOVE PEN

http://www.fsforum.org/about/who_we_are.html

And I linked somewhere from ABOVE, to HERE..."BIS"???? and  "The Committee on the Global Financial System (CGFS), which is chaired by Donald L Kohn, Vice Chairman of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System, monitors developments in global financial markets for the central bank Governors of the G10 countries." is cut from ARTICLE following the web page...

 http://www.bis.org/

Committee on the Global Financial System

The Committee on the Global Financial System (CGFS), which is chaired by Donald L Kohn, Vice Chairman of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System, monitors developments in global financial markets for the central bank Governors of the G10 countries.

The Committee has a mandate to identify and assess potential sources of stress in global financial markets, to further the understanding of the structural underpinnings of financial markets, and to promote improvements to the functioning and stability of these markets. It fulfils this mandate by way of quarterly monitoring discussions among CGFS members, through coordinated longer-term efforts, including working groups involving central bank staff, and through the various reports that the CGFS publishes.

The CGFS, formerly known as the Euro-currency Standing Committee, was established in 1971 with a mandate to monitor international banking markets. Its initial focus was on the monetary policy implications of the rapid growth of off-shore deposit and lending markets, but attention increasingly shifted to financial stability questions and to broader issues related to structural change in the financial system. Reflecting this change in focus, the G10 Governors decided on 8 February 1999 to rename the Committee and to revise its mandate.