Kucinich calls for "Medicare public option"

Mark Crispin Miller

Mar 17, 2010, 4:45:13 PM3/17/10
to newsfromu...@googlegroups.com

Dear Friends and Activists,

We have dramatic breaking news!

Dennis Kucinich is calling for Congress to pass, in reconciliation of
the health care bill, the proposal to allow people younger than 65 to
buy into Medicare, which is being called "The Medicare Public
Option". And in a matter of hours he will have a new radio spot ready
to go calling for just that.

We need to do everything we can to support this valiant and truly
progressive man in his quest for true reform for US. The transcript
of the new radio spot is already posted on the page below, and we
will have the actual audio up in a matter of hours, probably by the
time you read this.

New Kucinich Radio Spot:
http://www.usalone.com/donations_kucinich.php

Tomorrow Dennis is traveling to Cleveland WITH the President, and we
want these spots on the air and running in Cleveland so that
President Obama can hear them while he is in town, and know just how
serious the people are about real reform. We want The Medicare Public
Option!

Please make a donation of any amount you can, to empower this 11th
hour push to give YOU the OPTION of access to the economical and
efficient Medicare system at a fair price.

Though as originally introduced on the House floor, Representative
Alan Grayson did not expressly ask that the Medicare You Can Buy Into
Act (HR4789) be passed immediately, he has since suggested that he is
interested in this, and there is already a movement growing to do
exactly that, with Dennis Kucinich providing critical leadership.

Dennis was viciously attacked last week by some who we THOUGHT were
our progressive friends, calling for him to be removed from office
just because he would not dishonor his pledge to fight for the real
deal in reform. Where in the world would we be without this
incredibly courageous man, one of the few in Congress on our side we
can count on taking a principled position and sticking to it? Please
make whatever donation you can to get these spots on the air, and to
continue to empower his brave voice which we need now more than ever.

New Kucinich Radio Spot:
http://www.usalone.com/donations_kucinich.php

Paid for by the Re-Elect Congressman Kucinich Committee

Contributions to the Re-Elect Congressman Kucinich Committee are not
tax-deductible for federal income tax purposes.

Please take action NOW, so we can win all victories that are supposed
to be ours, and forward this alert as widely as possible.

If you would like to get alerts like these, you can do so at
http://www.millionfaxmarch.com/in.htm

Or if you want to cease receiving our messages, just use the function
at
http://www.millionfaxmarch.com/out.htm

usalone381b:370943