Barbeque sauce

Roland Anderson

Jan 6, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/6/97

Hello U'all,
If you would be so kind I need a recipe for some barbeque sauce.
Especially for ribs and steaks. Thanks

Pinkney Mikell

Jan 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/11/97

You might want to try Maurice's Flying Pig in Columbia S.C.for premade
sauce in the South Carolina style. This is a mustard based method.
Failing that, try making a basting/mopping sauce of one gallon water
mixed with salt and hot pepper and a little vinegar. Mop the meat as it
cooks. When the meat is just about done baste it with a mixture of dry
mustard, cider vinegar, sugar and dry herbs, sage, savory, etc. also
salt, pepper(black, red, what have you) and a little oil. Don't cook
with barbeque sauce. It burns. Use a rub to season to start, a mopping
sauce to keep it moist and a 'barbeque' sauce to finish with... oh! it's
y'all not u'all.....
A good book for this stuff is, The Thrill Of The Grill by Chris
Schlesinger and John Willoughby published by Morrow

Stella Nemeth

Jan 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/11/97

Roland Anderson <pa...@flinthills.com> wrote:

Try one of the food newsgroups, or a food related Web page. To look
for food newsgroups try a DejaNews search. For the Web pages go to
http://www.search.com

Stella at s.ne...@ix.netcom.com

The answers to a lot of your questions are on the Web.
For newsgroups http://www.dejanews.com
or http://www.jazzie.com/ii/internet/newsgroups.html
For searches http://www.search.com
For software http://www.download.com
and http://www.webster-image.com/iis/PCsHelpPage/index.htm

Ken Eddy

Jan 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/11/97
to pa...@flinthills.com

Roland Anderson wrote:

> Hello U'all,
> If you would be so kind I need a recipe for some barbeque sauce.
> Especially for ribs and steaks. Thanks

1 Liter brandy
1 quart Hinez ketchup
1cup brown sugar
1/4cup molasses
2onions finely chopped
1green pepper finely chopped
2hot peppers finely chopped
1tsp garlic powder
1/4cup soy sauce
1tbs black pepper
1tbs mustard powder

Open brandy and sample. Add other ingredents to large pan. Sample brandy
again. Heat over a very low flame. Sample brandy a little more this
time.
Stir ingredeints. Try a bit more brandy, good huh. Condtiuneing stiring
the sauce. Check that het brnady is ta the rhigt tempoture. simmer the
suace a ltiile lognre and sanlpe the rbeady ainga.ounce The suace ahs
simnerde olgne eunogh upt ni a litlte ydnarb.Good huh hte suance tno het
brandy. Now go to ehs tore and buy smoe arndyb. Finfish the brnsdy and
go to bed as your too drunk to cook tonight. The sauce will be better
tommorrow anyway!
--
Ken Eddy, 359A Satterfield St.,Fairmont,WV,26554
Home Page http://www.earthlink.net/~abner1/

The Fullers

Jan 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/11/97
to pa...@flinthills.com

Roland Anderson wrote:

> Hello U'all,
> If you would be so kind I need a recipe for some barbeque sauce.
> Especially for ribs and steaks. Thanks

OK .... Here goes:

2 large cloves of garlic
Juice of one large lemon
1 tsp smoke sauce
1 tsp sugar
1 14 oz bottle catsup
3 oz hickory smoke mustard
1 16 oz bottle Worcestershire sauce
4 oz vegetable or olive oil

Pulverize garlic and add all ingredients in order listed. The oil must
be well blended. Keeps indefinately in frig. Good for oven baked meats.

The Fullers

Jan 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/11/97
to abn...@earthlink.net

Ken ... I like the way you cook!!!! Got a got laugh!!!
Thanks!!!! and for the recipe too!!!

Mikel Fuller