ADMINISTRIVIA: New members of group-advice

1 view

Russ Allbery

Mar 4, 2001, 7:51:06 PM3/4/01
Tale and I are working on putting together a list of things that need
to be done, not only with news.announce.newgroups moderation and the
things that go along with that but also with things like the
moderation forwarding database and the canonical hierarchy maintainer
list. We will try to get more people involved in helping with the
maintenance and administrative side of Usenet so that decisions can be
made faster and we don't get as overwhelmed with the amount of work
facing us, and already have several people lined up to work as teams
in each of a few specialized areas.

As a starting point, Kate Wrightson and piranha have both been asked to
join group-advice and have accepted. The role of group-advice in my view
is to help with the day-to-day moderation of n.a.n, handle the numerous
questions that newgroup...@isc.org receives from new users, and do
some minor and advisory pre-screening of proposals for obvious problems.
We'll probably want to add more people down the road.

Once we have put together this list of things that need doing, both
with things related to group-advice and with the other projects. This
has already been and will continue to be a somewhat slow process, as
we're both really busy and it's hard to find time to put together
enough information to hand things off to other people.

--
Russ Allbery <r...@stanford.edu>
news.announce.newgroups moderation team member

Biil Palmer

Mar 7, 2001, 8:29:02 PM3/7/01
Russ Allbery wrote:

> As a starting point, Kate Wrightson and piranha have both been asked to
> join group-advice and have accepted.

Which one is Big Red Ass #3 and which is Big Red Ass #4?

Aahz Maruch

Mar 8, 2001, 2:39:34 PM3/8/01
In article <hvndat0a46lnkopth...@4ax.com>,

Jay and John, of course.
--
--- Aahz (Copyright 2001 by aa...@pobox.com)

Androgynous poly kinky vanilla queer het <*> http://www.rahul.net/aahz/
Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6

"..., and some of you may regard all women as evil traps that exist only
to tease, torture, and suck out your very soul." --DrMax

Chipiz

Mar 20, 2001, 5:31:54 AM3/20/01