Re: The Great Downsizing of comp.sys.apple2.*

Steven Hirsch

Feb 10, 2011, 7:09:32 PM2/10/11
On 02/09/2011 06:58 PM, Big-8 Management Board wrote:
> There is a proposal currently in news.announce.newgroups to remove 198
> unmoderated newsgroups all across the BIG8. Because of the magnitude
> of the group list the proposal is not crossposted to target groups.
> Instead pointers are posted to a few selected groups.
>
> The full text of the proposal is available here:
>
> http://www.big-8.org/wiki/Nan:2011-02-01-rfd-great-downsizing
> http://groups.google.com/group/news.announce.newgroups/msg/091abc69fd45436b
>
> Affected groups that might interest you:
>
> comp.sys.apple2.gno The AppleIIgs GNO multitasking environment.
>
> If you have any objections, please make them heard in moderated group
> news.groups.proposals. The "Followup-To:" header is set on this message,
> so simply replying to this post should do the right thing.

Doesn't sound like a big loss to me.

Linards Ticmanis

Feb 11, 2011, 4:00:37 PM2/11/11
On 02/10/2011 12:58 AM, Big-8 Management Board wrote:

> Affected groups that might interest you:
>
> comp.sys.apple2.gno The AppleIIgs GNO multitasking environment.

Fine with me, and comp.sys.apple2.comm and comp.sys.apple2.usergroups
can go as well. Nothing but the regular FAQ is posted there lately. All
the real content nowadays is in the main comp.sys.apple2 group and the
.programmer and .marketplace subgroups, everything else is an empty hull.

--
Linards Ticmanis