Appropriate cancels (Was Re: `Serdar Argic': Racist remarks?...)

Peter V.Vorobieff

Apr 23, 1994, 6:38:06 PM4/23/94
In article <2p9mbb$4...@controversy.math.lsa.umich.edu> met...@pablo.physics.lsa.umich.edu writes:

>the Argic-entity's posts; he simply doesn't care. He's not interested
>only in freeing up people from Argic-trash; he wants Argic gone,
>regardless of what anyone else may think.

SO DO MILLIONS OF NETTERS. I want it gone too - it undermines my
belief into humanity.

Somebody made a very good point - it's not about censorship. Nobody would
object if Cosar reposted his drivel once every month in alt.revisionism.

IT'S ABOUT DATA COMPRESSION.

(sorry for shouting).

--
Thus spake Kalmoth the Avenger, Kinsman of the Slain.

DISCLAIMER: All opinions expressed are neither mine nor
yours nor my employer's.

A. Cosar

Apr 25, 1994, 2:44:33 AM4/25/94
In article <1994Apr23.2...@Lehigh.EDU> pv...@lehigh.edu (Peter V.Vorobieff) writes:

>SO DO MILLIONS OF NETTERS. I want it gone too - it undermines my
>belief into humanity.

Funny the voting for soc.history.moderated hardly got 300 participants
I don't think "millions" care what a comic book character such as
"peter vorobieef" says.

>Somebody made a very good point - it's not about censorship. Nobody would
>object if Cosar reposted his drivel once every month in alt.revisionism.

I wouldn't object if you posted your childish "cheap-conan" reruns
once a month.

>IT'S ABOUT DATA COMPRESSION.

I thought it was about "peter vorobieff"s inability to cope with
the reality of Armenian criminals being exposed for what they are.

Internet: co...@anatolia.org
UUCP : rutgers!uunet!anatolia!cosar

Zak May

Apr 25, 1994, 12:46:02 PM4/25/94
A. Cosar <co...@anatolia.org> wrote:
> Funny the voting for soc.history.moderated hardly got 300 participants...

Moderation is for wimps. We don't need no stinking moderation.

> I don't think "millions" care what a comic book character such as
> "peter vorobieef" says.

Incidentally - he has more readers than you and/or Serdar.

>PV> IT'S ABOUT DATA COMPRESSION.

> I thought it was about "peter vorobieff"s inability to cope with
> the reality of Armenian criminals being exposed for what they are.

Who gives a flying donut already.

___
Zak.

Stefan Chakerian

Apr 27, 1994, 6:06:18 PM4/27/94
A. Cosar <co...@anatolia.org> wrote:
> I don't think "millions" care what a comic book character such as
> "peter vorobieef" says.

Humorous insult, since I believe he coined the Ahmet Comicstar phrase.

stef
--
Stefan Chakerian Good, fast, cheap. Pick two.
sch...@tesuque.cs.sandia.gov

akgun,cengiz

Apr 28, 1994, 2:01:03 PM4/28/94

Peter V.Vorobieff <pv...@lehigh.edu> wrote:

>SO DO MILLIONS OF NETTERS. I want it gone too - it undermines my
>belief into humanity.
>
>Somebody made a very good point - it's not about censorship. Nobody would
>object if Cosar reposted his drivel once every month in alt.revisionism.
>
>IT'S ABOUT DATA COMPRESSION.
>
>(sorry for shouting).

Who the heck you think that you are deciding or suggesting for whom
to post his/her stuff in what news group? Nobody has and should not
have any right to make such decision for anybody else in the
USENET. I agree that making random and causual group selection
inappropriate with the topic is an annoying problem for the general
readership. But deciding who reads what in any news group does just
go beyond any absurdity limit. Get a killfile or skip the articles
which you don't want to read rather than shouting here.

C. Akgun

Zak May

Apr 28, 1994, 5:31:53 PM4/28/94
akgun,cengiz <c...@troy.cc.bellcore.com> wrote:
> Who the heck you think that you are deciding or suggesting for whom
> to post his/her stuff in what news group?

Can we please get somebody non-Turkish to defend Serdar's crap?
I'd hate to see a correlation here, it would spoil all the fun.

___
Zak.

2260...@msu.edu

Apr 28, 1994, 6:16:47 PM4/28/94
In article <2ppa0...@umbc9.umbc.edu>

sav...@umbc.edu (Zak May) writes:

>Can we please get somebody non-Turkish to defend Serdar's crap?
>I'd hate to see a correlation here, it would spoil all the fun.
>___
>Zak.

Zak, Zak, my friend... So what if there is a correlation here. How can you
expect someone else to defend the Serdar other than the Turks when the matter
involved is about the Turks. If we are not going to defend ourselves, who else
will?

By the way, I have not seen anyone posting their nationality in their mail. So
how do you know that everybody who is defending Serdar is Turkish.

P.S. Note that the above sentence does not mean that there exists a non-Turkish
person defending Serdar, but it does not mean the opposite either. So don't try
to get smart with words again.

Dave Hayes

Apr 29, 1994, 2:15:44 AM4/29/94
sav...@umbc.edu (Zak May) writes:
>Can we please get somebody non-Turkish to defend Serdar's crap?

I won't defend _what_ he posts, but I will defend his _right_ to post.
--
Dave Hayes - Institutional Network & Communications - JPL/NASA - Pasadena CA
da...@elxr.jpl.nasa.gov da...@jato.jpl.nasa.gov ...usc!elroy!dxh

"Quick, we must do something! A monkey has picked up a knife!"
"Don't worry," said a wise man, "so long as it was not a *man*."
The monkey had, sure enough, thrown the knife away.

Zak May

Apr 28, 1994, 9:35:03 PM4/28/94
<2260...@msu.edu> wrote:
>ZM> Can we please get somebody non-Turkish to defend Serdar's crap?
>ZM> I'd hate to see a correlation here, it would spoil all the fun.
>
> Zak, Zak, my friend...

I am not your friend. You're helping to destroy something that's dear to me.

> How can you expect someone else to defend the Serdar other than the
> Turks when the matter involved is about the Turks.

The "matter involved" has *nothing* whatsoever to do with Turks or Armenians.
Nobody here objects to the content of Serdar's noise - that's a *completely*
irrelevant issue, I'm only concerned with the way he abuses the net, posting
tons of copies of the same computer-generated garbage to the newsgroups that
have nothing to do with the alleged topic of his ravings.

___
Zak.

Peter V.Vorobieff

Apr 29, 1994, 2:50:03 PM4/29/94
In article <2potkv$6...@troy.cc.bellcore.com> c...@troy.cc.bellcore.com (akgun,cengiz) writes:
>In article <1994Apr23.2...@Lehigh.EDU>,
>Peter V.Vorobieff <pv...@lehigh.edu> wrote:
>>
>>SO DO MILLIONS OF NETTERS. I want it gone too - it undermines my
>>belief into humanity.
>>
>>Somebody made a very good point - it's not about censorship. Nobody would
>>object if Cosar reposted his drivel once every month in alt.revisionism.
>>
>>IT'S ABOUT DATA COMPRESSION.
>>
>>(sorry for shouting).
>>

>Who the heck you think that you are deciding or suggesting for whom
>to post his/her stuff in what news group?

I don't suggest, I demand. And we're not talking of a "who" here, we're
talking of an "it".

>go beyond any absurdity limit. Get a killfile or skip the articles
>which you don't want to read rather than shouting here.

Now who the fuck are YOU to suggest...

Oh, well.

*plonk*

Bengt Larsson

Apr 29, 1994, 6:01:28 PM4/29/94
da...@elxr.jpl.nasa.gov (Dave Hayes) wrote:
>pv...@lehigh.edu (Peter V.Vorobieff) writes:

>>c...@troy.cc.bellcore.com (akgun,cengiz) writes:
>>>Who the heck you think that you are deciding or suggesting for whom
>>>to post his/her stuff in what news group?
>>I don't suggest, I demand. And we're not talking of a "who" here, we're
>>talking of an "it".
>>>go beyond any absurdity limit. Get a killfile or skip the articles
>>>which you don't want to read rather than shouting here.
>>Now who the fuck are YOU to suggest...
>>Oh, well.
>>*plonk*
>
>Gee, something should be noticed about the hypocrisy of a person who
>can kill file opposing views, but can't kill file net nuisances like
>Argic.

Something could be noted about someone who argues that killfiles
are always wrong, too.

Anyway, there is Argic's posting volume. Last I heard, he occupied
more than half of some groups. With large messages, mostly cites.

Dave Hayes

Apr 29, 1994, 4:14:09 PM4/29/94
pv...@lehigh.edu (Peter V.Vorobieff) writes:
>c...@troy.cc.bellcore.com (akgun,cengiz) writes:
>>Who the heck you think that you are deciding or suggesting for whom
>>to post his/her stuff in what news group?
>I don't suggest, I demand. And we're not talking of a "who" here, we're
>talking of an "it".
>>go beyond any absurdity limit. Get a killfile or skip the articles
>>which you don't want to read rather than shouting here.
>Now who the fuck are YOU to suggest...
>Oh, well.
>*plonk*

Gee, something should be noticed about the hypocrisy of a person who

can kill file opposing views, but can't kill file net nuisances like
Argic.

--
Dave Hayes - Institutional Network & Communications - JPL/NASA - Pasadena CA
da...@elxr.jpl.nasa.gov da...@jato.jpl.nasa.gov ...usc!elroy!dxh

Nasrudin arrived at an all-comers horse race mounted on the slowest of oxen.
Everyone laughed, an ox cannot run.
"But I have seen it, when it was only a calf, running faster than a horse.",
said Nasrudin. "So why should it not run faster, now that it is larger?"

Dave Hayes

May 1, 1994, 10:47:21 PM5/1/94
ben...@maths.lth.se (Bengt Larsson) writes:
>Something could be noted about someone who argues that killfiles
>are always wrong, too.

Wrong for me...not for you.

>Anyway, there is Argic's posting volume. Last I heard, he occupied
>more than half of some groups. With large messages, mostly cites.

Well go figure. I never see him myself.

--
Dave Hayes - Institutional Network & Communications - JPL/NASA - Pasadena CA
da...@elxr.jpl.nasa.gov da...@jato.jpl.nasa.gov ...usc!elroy!dxh

Learn from the mistakes of others.
You don't have time to make them all yourself.

Stefan Chakerian

May 2, 1994, 6:41:06 PM5/2/94
Dave Hayes <da...@elxr.jpl.nasa.gov> wrote:
>ben...@maths.lth.se (Bengt Larsson) writes:
>>Something could be noted about someone who argues that killfiles
>>are always wrong, too.
>Wrong for me...not for you.

Bold talk from someone that continuously touts killfiles as the end-all,
save-all of Usenet.

>Well go figure. I never see him myself.

I can set up an automailer for you, if you like.

Honestly, Dave, I value your opinion and posts as a human (contrary to
some others ;^). I do not value robot postings, and in fact, consider
them pollution. I don't want the Argic plane dumping tons of crap into
my front yard, or the city/country/planet I live in. If the zumabot
confined itself to appropriate places where the people were expected to
find it useful, THAT'S FINE.

I suspect you'd object to someone mailing you tons of crap (or
howsabout posting to your local groups) while someone else named Dave
claims "just use procmail or filter or kill files to get rid of it and
stop your control-freak bitching."

akgun,cengiz

May 3, 1994, 3:19:21 PM5/3/94
In article <1994Apr29.1...@Lehigh.EDU>,

Peter V.Vorobieff <pv...@lehigh.edu> wrote:

>Now who the fuck are YOU to suggest...

As always, I know a scumbag when I see one. I hope that I would
not see that you would loose your temper like above. Get
your manners straight discussing matters in public forum. I will not
tolerate your filth and obscenity when you are addressing me next time.
I am sure Lehigh would not appreciate it either.

C. Akgun

Zak May

May 3, 1994, 4:30:54 PM5/3/94
Cengiz Akgun <c...@troy.cc.bellcore.com> wrote:
>CA> Who the heck you think that you are...
>
>PV> Now who the fuck are YOU to suggest...

> I will not tolerate your filth and obscenity when you are addressing
> me next time. I am sure Lehigh would not appreciate it either.

Funny - the lines are practically identical. How can we argue with
people like that? And *why* should we argue with people like that?

___
Zak.

Murat E. Duman{Oric}

May 4, 1994, 2:16:21 AM5/4/94

Hypocrite enough to swear ... please note ... This Roastbeef guy
has no guts :(

Murat Duman (Also in his kill file and proud of it)

akgun,cengiz

May 4, 1994, 4:49:45 PM5/4/94
Dve you got a dictionaryistribution:

*Don't know?* But, I've already agreed on "arguing people like that"
bit by saying "I know a scumbag when I see one" in my last post. You
must have missed that part. Now, the question seems to be *Why do
people exposes themselves further?*

For your education on how to assess "parctically identical lines,"
a dictionary will do wonders. I don't know what yours says (if you
have one), my dictionary defines "heck" as:

RHD
(hek), interj. [1] (used as a mild expression of annoyance, rejection,
disgust, etc.): What the heck do you care? [2] n. something remarkable
of its kind

CED
#Hheck#5%1 #5(h$ek) #6interj. #5a mild exclamation of surprise,
irritation, etc.

OALDCE
heck /hek/ n (sl, euphem) hell (used in exclamations)

Just in case, If you need the meaning of the other word too, ask me.
Who knows, I would be in the mood of providing it to you.

C. Akgun

Stefan Chakerian

May 7, 1994, 7:29:17 AM5/7/94

>*Don't know?* But, I've already agreed on "arguing people like that"
>bit by saying "I know a scumbag when I see one" in my last post. You
>must have missed that part. Now, the question seems to be *Why do
>people exposes themselves further?*
>
>For your education on how to assess "parctically identical lines,"
>a dictionary will do wonders. ... my dictionary defines "heck" as:

and mine (9th new collegiate) defines "fuck" in his usage as "used
with 'the' as a meaningless intensive, usu considered vulgar"

So, any clue what "scumbag" means? You bitched about him using
the word "fuck" as a meaningless intensive, yet you call him a
used condom. Thanks for the English lesson, btw.

Dave Hayes

May 11, 1994, 4:28:54 AM5/11/94
sch...@tesuque.cs.sandia.gov (Stefan Chakerian) writes:
>Dave Hayes <da...@elxr.jpl.nasa.gov> wrote:
[killfiles]

>>Wrong for me...not for you.
>Bold talk from someone that continuously touts killfiles as the end-all,
>save-all of Usenet.

And to think I never use them! 8-)

>>Well go figure. I never see him myself.
>I can set up an automailer for you, if you like.

I'll just mail shield it back at ya.

>Honestly, Dave, I value your opinion and posts as a human (contrary to
>some others ;^). I do not value robot postings, and in fact, consider
>them pollution. I don't want the Argic plane dumping tons of crap into
>my front yard, or the city/country/planet I live in. If the zumabot
>confined itself to appropriate places where the people were expected to
>find it useful, THAT'S FINE.

Honestly? I really think that if you are trying to control another human
being (who's running a robot) you are in for a futile waste of energy.
Argic (and those like him) will never go away, and unless you like to
fight for a cause all your life, you'll just be wasting time better
spent doing other things.

The "ignore it" strategy isn't intended to correct Argic. It's intended
to make life better for me and others that know how to do this. Argic?
Hell, he can waste all the time in the world, and he can't affect me.
Now that's real power.

>I suspect you'd object to someone mailing you tons of crap (or
>howsabout posting to your local groups) while someone else named Dave
>claims "just use procmail or filter or kill files to get rid of it and
>stop your control-freak bitching."

Not at all.

When in Rome, prepare for what the romans do.

--
Dave Hayes - Institutional Network & Communications - JPL/NASA - Pasadena CA
da...@elxr.jpl.nasa.gov da...@jato.jpl.nasa.gov ...usc!elroy!dxh

Half of being smart is knowing what you're dumb at.

Stefan Chakerian

May 12, 1994, 4:11:25 AM5/12/94
Dave "I'll get the last word, dammit" Hayes <da...@elxr.jpl.nasa.gov> wrote:
>The "ignore it" strategy isn't intended to correct Argic. It's intended
>to make life better for me and others that know how to do this.

Fortunately, unlike you, I don't base my enjoyment of life on Usenet.

Besides, you're contradictory. If you ignore stuff so easily, you
wouldn't be such a knee-jerk followup artist. You argue against
Usenet ridding an entity which is, judging from amazing Usenet outcry,
detrimental. The vast majority wants the bot outta here, just like
the vast majority does not want Canter and Shuffle doing mass
advertising. Based on your arguments you must believe that C&S should
be allowed to spamvertise. Otherwise, you've contradicted yourself
again.

stef

Quick, Dave, hit F!