I Am A "Computer Hippy" and an "Immature Nerd"...

Howard Knight

Sep 4, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/4/97

...at least it's a step down from "Digital Terrorist".

Hello Everybody,

Yesterday I sent a "Special FX" spam cancel report to TIAC.NET. I
CCed a copy to the spammer (sp...@mail.special-fx.com and
adul...@mail.special-fx.com) at SPECIAL-FX.COM. I thought you
all might get a chuckle from the response I got from SPFX.

Howard

---------------------------------------
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 1997 09:58:54 -0400 (EDT)
From: Special FX Communications <sp...@mail.special-fx.com>
To: how...@iswest.net
Subject: Re: Spam Cancel Report, BI = 8396.364 (fx): Wed Sep 3

FREE SPEECH

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or
prohibiting the free exercise thereof, or abridging the freedom of speech,
or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to
petition the Government for a redress of grievances. ---
Amendment I, The US Constitution

There are a few people on the Internet who complain whenever they received
unsolicited mail/newsgroup postings. Many of these individuals are the
same people who feel that the World Wide Web, Online Services and the
Internet should have never been commercialized. These "computer hippies"
resent the presence of businesses on the Internet.

The vast majority of people appreciate short, informative messages about
useful new products and/or services and do NOT want any "computer hippies"
and immature nerds interfering with their ability to receive potentially
valuable information on the Internet since that's what the Internet is
supposed to be all about!

Whether or not you like receiving E-mail/newsgroup postings, if you are a
true American, then you will fight for anybody's right to do so. Most
Americans and the vast majority of people on the Internet are opposed to
imposed censorship in any form.

We are continually amazed at how quickly people applaud the loss of their
freedoms. Without freedom of speech, WE HAVE LOST EVERYTHING our society
stands for. If you are irritated by unsolicited E-mails/newsgroup
postings, JUST IGNORE THEM, THIS IS THE COST OF A FREE SOCIETY! PAY YOUR
DUES!

Thomas Brooks

Sep 5, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/5/97

Dear spfx,

So are you saying that Unsolicited Commercial Email is wrong since you
are drawing the distinction between them and netgroup spam? I gather
that postings not on the topic of a newsgroup are considered acceptable
by your company, but do you oppose or favor the sending of UCE?

Regards,
Thomas Brooks

--------------------------------------
Date: 9/4/97 19:00
To: Thomas Brooks
From: Special FX Communications

Newsgroup posting are much different that e-mail. E-mail you have no
choice but to read it and there is always the delete option. However
newsgroup postings you don't have to read. You can pick and choose what
ever interests you, and in no way should a select few who read the
newsgroups restrict postings so other "netizen" can't make the choice
whether they can or can't read them...

On Thu, 4 Sep 1997, Thomas Brooks wrote:

> Dear spfx,
>
> I recently saw your response to a netizen about spam and about how
> it's the dues we pay to have a free society. Given your position,
> would you mind if I forwarded all spam I receive to you? Thanks, I
> knew I could count on you.
>
> Regards,
> Thomas Brooks

Rene Laederach

Sep 5, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/5/97

Hello Howard!

Howard Knight typed this on 4 Sep 1997 17:20:37 GMT about 'I Am A "Computer
Hippy" and an "Immature Nerd"...':

HK> adul...@mail.special-fx.com) at SPECIAL-FX.COM. I thought you all
HK> might get a chuckle from the response I got from SPFX.

They got something special for free - a kill filter entry.

I don't need spamming nerds all over the place.

--
FIDO: 2:301/133 & 135 | Member We're returning!
Internet mu...@snoop.alphanet.ch | Team AMIGA - the true avantgarde

Dona Quixote

Sep 6, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/6/97

Howard Knight <how...@iswest.com> wrote in article
<5umql5$q4c$1...@feedme.news.iswest.net>...

> ...at least it's a step down from "Digital Terrorist".
>
> Hello Everybody,
>
> Yesterday I sent a "Special FX" spam cancel report to TIAC.NET. I
> CCed a copy to the spammer (sp...@mail.special-fx.com and
> all might get a chuckle from the response I got from SPFX.
>
> Howard
>
> ---------------------------------------
> Date: Thu, 4 Sep 1997 09:58:54 -0400 (EDT)
> From: Special FX Communications <sp...@mail.special-fx.com>
> To: how...@iswest.net
> Subject: Re: Spam Cancel Report, BI = 8396.364 (fx): Wed Sep 3

> FREE SPEECH
>
> There are a few people on the Internet who complain whenever they
received
> unsolicited mail/newsgroup postings. Many of these individuals are the
> same people who feel that the World Wide Web, Online Services and the
> Internet should have never been commercialized. These "computer hippies"
> resent the presence of businesses on the Internet.

No, we do not resent the presence of business on the Internet. We resent
their presences in our emails and their destruction of our newsgroups. If
businesses would stay on their websites or deal only with opt-in maillists,
there would be no resentment.

> The vast majority of people appreciate short, informative messages about
> useful new products and/or services and do NOT want any "computer
hippies"
> and immature nerds interfering with their ability to receive potentially
> valuable information on the Internet since that's what the Internet is
> supposed to be all about!

That's quite a falsehood you've stated as the "vast majority of people" do
not even have access to computers.

I think those who would be interested in your garbage are probably locked
away in institutions by now.

I'm sure you would classify "Cable box descrambler" and "chain letters" as
"potentially valuable information".

Idiots.

Dona Quixote

Sep 6, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/6/97

Idiots.
========= WAS CANCELLED BY =======:
From: rca...@veniceweb.it
Newsgroups: news.admin.net-abuse.usenet
Subject: cmsg cancel <01bcba70$12708a00$7c663cd1@708644668>
Control: cancel <01bcba70$12708a00$7c663cd1@708644668>
Date: 6 Sep 97 22:11:11 GMT

The article was canceled on 9/6/97 at 6:06:14 PM with the Usenet Cancel Engine (UCE).

Dona Quixote

Sep 6, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/6/97

From: br...@wonderfanne.com
Newsgroups: news.admin.net-abuse.usenet
Subject: cmsg cancel <REPOST-9759.7021484375.01bcba70$12708a00$7c663cd1@708644668>
Control: cancel <REPOST-9759.7021484375.01bcba70$12708a00$7c663cd1@708644668>
Date: 11 Sep 1997 00:59:39 GMT

Sender: "Dona Quixote" <til...@windmills.org>

The article was canceled on 9/10/97 at 6:03:58 PM with the Usenet Cancel Engine (UCE).

Thomas Brooks

Sep 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/8/97

Dear spfx,

I'm interested in hearing your response, but I will not be
bound to not post your response in a public newsgroup. The
question of UCE, UBE, and multiple posting in newsgroups is
a topic which needs to be discussed openly, not hidden away.
Besides, I presume you have thoughts on the subject. Are you
afraid to share them openly? Are you ashamed of your
position on the above topics?

Let's explore some possibilities. The fact that you have
written me at all indicates that someone reads mail at your
address. Accordingly, you are afraid you'll get thousands of
messages critical of your position on the above topics. I can
understand that. Most of us are afraid that the mail service
we pay for will be unusable for a similar reason, i.e. we'll
be buried under get rich quick schemes, advertisements, and
pornography.

What are the alternatives? If no one is willing to discuss
things, non-commercial Internet users will probably band
together and do their very best to get all of the above
completely and permanently banned from the Internet. I think
we'll succeed, sooner or later. The more UCE, UBE, and spam
takes over the network, the more likely politicians will see
our point of view. Politicians love to talk about the
"Information Superhighway." Is that becomes the
"Advertisement and Pornography Superhighway", they'll be
embarrassed.

There is another alternative. Commercial bulk snail mail
subsidizes snail mail for individual users of the postal
system. For example, I got a piece of mail today with the
title, "The iMALL Opportunity Your Super-Highway to
Success." Am I interested in it? No. Am I unhappy because I
received it? No. Why? Because it cost the advertiser
something to send it to me. If he doesn't hear from me, he'll
scratch my name off his list. I don't have to worry about
receiving 14 copies of the same advertisement every day from
now until I die.

Commercial email could come at a charge of say, ten cents per
recipient. The money could be used to subsidize the Internet.
Or it could be used to reduce the federal debt. The point is
the advertiser would have to think about who he sends mail
to, not just blast out as much as he possibly can. Posters in
newsgroups should attempt to respect the topic of the
newsgroup. If a commercial firm posts in a newsgroup and is
flamed, they should take that as notice to go post somewhere
else. The extremely hostile and argumentative view taken by
many commercial posters is a prime reason why they are not
welcome. Or a there could be a fee of say $10 for each
commercial post in each newsgroup, the proceeds to be used as
above.

Let's also consider other abuses. 1) It is widely believed
that giving your email address to one of those "cancel email"
services just confirms a valid address for them to use.
2) Some commercial emailers bounce their mail off another
server, essentially pirating their hardware, to make it appear
as if the mail came from elsewhere. This also is a method used
to get around blocks to prevent mail from certain domains and
ISPs. 3) There are those who forge the return address or other
header information to keep the recipient from tracking the
sender down. 4) Particularly noxious are those who forge
someone else's return address to get a third party deluged
under responses. In regards to the above problems, let's
assume your company is reputable and would neither do nor
approve of the above abuses. But as a commercial emailer, you
are still painted with the brush of the most despicable
abusers of the net. It's hard to understand why you wouldn't
want to distance yourself from these scum.

In closing I would like to suggest that you consider
discussing these issues openly. Even if it was just your
company and me, other people would be attracted to a
reasonable discussion in contrast to the current schism,
hatred, and abuse. You might also be happier with a
negotiated solution than the total ban supported by many
netizens. We may not win today and the Direct Marketing
Association is probably making large contributions to sway
politicians to their side. But like any revolution, we only
have to win once.

Regards,
Thomas Brooks

--------------------------------------
Date: 9/5/97 18:13

To: Thomas Brooks
From: Special FX Communications

I would answer you but I feel you will post the private e-mail I
send you to a newsgroup rather than reply to my message. If I
knew we could converse privately and honestly I would send you a
reply to your question.

On 5 Sep 1997, Thomas Brooks wrote:

> Reply to: RE>>I Am A "Computer Hippy" and an "Immature Nerd"...

Thomas Brooks

Sep 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/8/97

Dear spfx,

Regards,
Thomas Brooks

========= WAS CANCELLED BY =======:

From: rca...@veniceweb.it
Newsgroups: news.admin.net-abuse.usenet
Subject: cmsg cancel <341412...@nt.com>
Control: cancel <341412...@nt.com>
Date: 10 Sep 1997 17:26:30 GMT

Sender: Thomas Brooks <thomas.bro...@nt.com>

The article was canceled on 9/10/97 at 1:30:33 PM with the Usenet Cancel Engine (UCE).

Special FX Communications

Sep 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/9/97

Well since you people rather post my messages than to post your own
(even after you said you wouldn't) I guess I should post your message.

As for Howard Knight, I understand he has been in phone contact with one
of the largest e-mail and newsgroup spammer on the internet and told him
that his spam was OK he just wanted to get SPFX... Howard Knight doesn't
even have the courtesy to respond to my e-mail, he rather post my
private e-mails here and try to get the rest of you all riled up... What
gives him the right to choose one spam over the other. What does this
guy do, goto to the library and burn the books he doesn't think other
people should read just because he doesn't like them, I thought all that
went out hundreds of years ago... As you can see below Thomas Brooks
says SPFX is an "exception to the rule" and "SPFX's postings are welcome
wherever they are seen". Thank you...

> Date: 8 Sep 1997 12:51:41 -0500
> From: Thomas Brooks <Thomas.Bro...@nt.com>
>
> Dear spfx,
>
> Well, I won't add this one to the thread because you haven't really
> said anything substantial. I do think you would do yourself a service > if you would post publically.
>
> Perhaps SPFX is the exception to the rule that commercial posters feel > free to post wherever they want. Perhaps SPFX's postings are welcome
> wherever they are seen. I don't know. But I do know of several
> newsgroups which have been abandoned to spam. Sure you can skip over
> what you don't want, but if 19 of every 20 messages is an
> advertisment, sooner or later the newsgroup will be abandoned. This
> isn't etiquite, good citizenship or anything else but a hostile
> takeover.

Lysander Spooner

Sep 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/9/97

On Tue, 09 Sep 1997 08:52:34 -0400, Special FX Communications
<sp...@special-fx.com> wrote:

>Well since you people rather post my messages than to post your own
>(even after you said you wouldn't) I guess I should post your message.

This may very well be the first on-topic Usenet post of your miserable
life. In light of this astonishing development I think we can
overlook some minor discourtesies. Please continue.

>As for Howard Knight, I understand he has been in phone contact with one
>of the largest e-mail and newsgroup spammer on the internet and told him
>that his spam was OK he just wanted to get SPFX...

Without even asking him, I would bet my new computer and my left
testicle that you are lying outright.

Identify this mythical "largest e-mail and newsgroup spammer on the
internet" so we can confirm your story, or face the fact that you are
going to be seen for the lying sack of shit you are.

I would sooner expect Neil to invent Cold Fusion or Boursy to speak
out against cross-posting than to believe Howard said ANY spam was
"OK".

> Howard Knight doesn't
>even have the courtesy to respond to my e-mail, he rather post my
>private e-mails here and try to get the rest of you all riled up...

YOU and your fucking spam is what gets people riled up, asshole.

And the irony of YOU talking about courtesy positively FLOORS me!

>What gives him the right to choose one spam over the other.

I don't believe that Howard is doing any such thing. All evidence (as
well as my knowledge of the man) leads me to believe that Howard
cancels spam without regard to the content. If he's doing any
"choosing", it's merely to prioritize the more flagrant, prolific
spammers over the less voluminous abusers. And right now YOU are the
King of the Slime-Heap -- a dubious distinction you have snatched away
from your former associates at Adultsights. Howard is a fair man, of
the highest moral fiber, and singling you out that way is not like
him.

But it IS like me! I'm more of the "loose-cannon", vengeful and
vindictive type of de-spammer -- and anybody who doesn't like it is
cordially invited to go screw himself. As long as I comply with the
BI > 20 threshold, I will feel free to target any one of you fuckheads
I like for any damn reason I like. And _your_ BI is four orders of
_magnitude_ over twenty (and rising)!

In particular, your scurrilous, cruel, inhuman, incessant pummeling of
alt.sexual.abuse.recovery has pissed me off. You are Number One on my
hit parade. Hell, you're also numbers Two through Ten! You are an
immoral piece of garbage and I'm going to cancel your crap everywhere
I see it. I'm going to buy new hardware and more bandwidth to cancel
you faster and better. I'm going to hound your providers to revoke
your access, and I'm going to see to it that every open server you
exploit gets closed. I'm going to make it my fucking MISSION IN LIFE
to eliminate your sorry ass and wipe you off the face of Usenet like
the useless offensive turd and vile plague you are.

You are an abortion that failed. The best part of you rolled down
your mamma's leg and became a brown stain on the bedsheets.
You're an excellent example of the end-product of a family tree
without branches. You're utterly uncontaminated by any TRACE of human
decency of conscience. You are a disgrace to all life-forms.

To summarize -- FUCK YOU!

>What does this guy do, goto to the library and burn the books he
>doesn't think other people should read just because he doesn't
>like them,

No. He goes to the library and carefully removes all the garish
filthy advertising stickers that YOU paste over the text of all the
books (as well as the card-catalog, the windows and the librarian's
eyeglasses!) with the clear intention of preventing people from
reading anything AT ALL besides your ads.

The patrons of the library appreciate his service.

And they hate your guts.

Well, pig, you slapped one too many of your stickers in the
Sexual-Abuse-Recovery section of the library. I'm going to rip off
your fucking head and shit down your worthless neck!

>I thought all that went out hundreds of years ago...

And I thought the human race had evolved filth like you out of
existance ages ago. I guess a throw-back does show up now and then.

You're a disease. Prepare to meet your antibiotic.

>As you can see below Thomas Brooks
>says SPFX is an "exception to the rule" and "SPFX's postings are welcome
>wherever they are seen".

As anyone with a two or three digit IQ can see, you don't know how to
read or interpret the English Language. Nothing surprising here,
considering the moronic "prose" you put in your spam.

(Thomas Brooks wrote)

>> Perhaps SPFX is the exception to the rule that commercial posters feel
>> free to post wherever they want. Perhaps SPFX's postings are welcome
>> wherever they are seen. I don't know. But I do know of several
>> newsgroups which have been abandoned to spam. Sure you can skip over
>> what you don't want, but if 19 of every 20 messages is an
>> advertisment, sooner or later the newsgroup will be abandoned. This
>> isn't etiquite, good citizenship or anything else but a hostile
>> takeover.

Yup. A slow third-grader could perform a more incisive
interpretation of that paragraph than you have managed.

You are a stupid, obtuse and illiterate person.

And those are your best features.

>Thank you...

For what? For canceling your spam by the boatload?

You're quite welcome, scumbag. But you ain't seen NOTHING yet!

By the way, why don't you use your name? I know who you are, but
perhaps everybody else would like to know the identity of such a
miserable wad of organic phlegm.

Or are you chickenshit?

-- Rick "Lysander Spooner" Buchanan
** SPFX DIES! KESL DIES! ESCORTGUIDE DIES!
** KNOTWORK DIES! ADULTAGE DIES!
** FLORIDA-ISP DIES! (etc etc etc)

Special FX Communications

Sep 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/9/97

And you think you are any better.... Look at the language you are
using... We only tried to communicate with the readers of this news
group by request of Thomas Brooks. I knew is was a bad idea but he had
recommended it. We had intended to cut back on posting shortly and the
number of postings is down quite a bit from last week but boneheads like
you only make us want to post more. In the future WATCH YOUR LANGUAGE...

Mother

Sep 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/9/97

Special FX Communications wrote:

> And you think you are any better.... Look at the language you are
> using... We only tried to communicate with the readers of this news
> group by request of Thomas Brooks. I knew is was a bad idea but he had
> recommended it. We had intended to cut back on posting shortly and the
> number of postings is down quite a bit from last week but boneheads like
> you only make us want to post more. In the future WATCH YOUR LANGUAGE...

ok normally I just lurk in here, but I just had to make sure this was
being read correctly.....major porn spammer who is currently spamming
alt.sex.abuse.recovery informing a de-spammer to watch his
language...if I got this correct....I will wait for the hours of
laughter from the other readers before expecting a response from anyone.

Oh and as a side note.....there are alot of very well oriented normal
de-spammers out there that are going out of their way to be fair in
their hunt for spam....unlike Lysander Spooner...then out there on the
fringe are the loose-cannon pissed off personal readers of newsgroups
who are hunting you guys for the sole purpose of clearing the
misconception that anyone wants to see your spam.....I am a loose-cannon
and proud....I have my own personal target as well....it's not
you....(be happy....be very happy) but maybe after my mark is
gone....you could be next....there is a huge trend in usenet readers
against spam....we pay for it and we are sick of it....we're fighting
back...

duck and cover
later
Mother
proud member of Armed Response

Howard Knight

Sep 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/9/97

Special FX Communications (sp...@special-fx.com) wrote:

> As for Howard Knight, I understand he has been in phone contact with
> one of the largest e-mail and newsgroup spammer on the internet and
> told him that his spam was OK he just wanted to get SPFX...

I did talk to the person in charge of FLORIDA-ISP.COM (who is also in
charge of the spam that flows from that site). However, in no way
shape or form did I claimed that his spam was OK, or that I just
wanted to get SPFX. The fact that I am still canceling every single
post from FLORIDA-ISP.COM should convince you of that.

Either someone was lying to you, or you are lying to us.

> Howard Knight doesn't even have the courtesy to respond to my e-mail,
> he rather post my private e-mails here and try to get the rest of you
> all riled up...

You sent me three copies of the exact same e-mail. What's more, it
was not directed to me. It looked more like a form letter. It
wasn't worthy of a private response.

> What gives him the right to choose one spam over the other.

I do _not_ choose one spam over another. I don't care if the spam is
ads for sex web sites, psychic hot lines, make money fast schemes,
or golf balls. If it's excessively posted, it's garbage, it stinks,
it's bad, and I cancel it.

> What does this guy do, goto to the library and burn the books
> he doesn't think other people should read just because he doesn't
> like them, I thought all that went out hundreds of years ago...

No. But if all of the books in the library were replaced with
catalogs filled with ads, I'd be tempted to burn the whole building
down.

> As you can see below Thomas Brooks says SPFX is an "exception to the
> rule" and "SPFX's postings are welcome wherever they are seen". Thank
> you...

I think you misunderstood the point that he was trying to make. Let
me make it more clear to you, "people like you have gone out of your
way, and succeeded it would seem, to destroy practically all of the
adult oriented discussion groups.". Doesn't it even bother you in
the least that you, and others like you, have destroyed a valuable,
enjoyable, and entertaining collection of discussion newsgroups? Oh,
and what about alt.sexual.abuse.recovery? What on earth do you hope
to gain by posting your trash in that group?

You really should take a long hard look at yourself in the mirror.

Howard

Lysander Spooner

Sep 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/9/97

On 9 Sep 1997 19:14:40 GMT, how...@iswest.com (Howard Knight) wrote:

>Special FX Communications (sp...@special-fx.com) wrote:
>

>> As for Howard Knight, I understand he has been in phone contact with
>> one of the largest e-mail and newsgroup spammer on the internet and
>> told him that his spam was OK he just wanted to get SPFX...
>

>I did talk to the person in charge of FLORIDA-ISP.COM (who is also in
>charge of the spam that flows from that site). However, in no way
>shape or form did I claimed that his spam was OK, or that I just
>wanted to get SPFX. The fact that I am still canceling every single
>post from FLORIDA-ISP.COM should convince you of that.

Hey Howard, stop clouding the issue with things like _facts_! This is
a spammer we're talking about.

>Either someone was lying to you, or you are lying to us.

Ooh Ooh! "B"! "B"! I vote for "B"!

>> Howard Knight doesn't even have the courtesy to respond to my e-mail,
>> he rather post my private e-mails here and try to get the rest of you
>> all riled up...
>

>You sent me three copies of the exact same e-mail. What's more, it
>was not directed to me. It looked more like a form letter. It
>wasn't worthy of a private response.

Nor is the person who sent it.

>> What gives him the right to choose one spam over the other.
>

>I do _not_ choose one spam over another. I don't care if the spam is
>ads for sex web sites, psychic hot lines, make money fast schemes,
>or golf balls. If it's excessively posted, it's garbage, it stinks,
>it's bad, and I cancel it.

Ay-YUP. I think I called this one pretty well.

>> What does this guy do, goto to the library and burn the books
>> he doesn't think other people should read just because he doesn't
>> like them, I thought all that went out hundreds of years ago...
>

>No. But if all of the books in the library were replaced with
>catalogs filled with ads, I'd be tempted to burn the whole building
>down.

Allow me to set the Thermite charges? And can we do it with Petey
still inside? Can-we, huh, huh, canwe?

>> As you can see below Thomas Brooks says SPFX is an "exception to the
>> rule" and "SPFX's postings are welcome wherever they are seen". Thank
>> you...
>

>I think you misunderstood the point that he was trying to make. Let
>me make it more clear to you, "people like you have gone out of your
>way, and succeeded it would seem, to destroy practically all of the
>adult oriented discussion groups.". Doesn't it even bother you in
>the least that you, and others like you, have destroyed a valuable,
>enjoyable, and entertaining collection of discussion newsgroups?

No, since being bothered would require a concience.

>Oh, and what about alt.sexual.abuse.recovery?

See my other articles in this thread for this slime-ball's
attitude on the subject.

>What on earth do you hope to gain by posting your trash in
>that group?

Revenge, for them having the temerity to not want his crap. That and
the few seconds it would take remove it from his list of newsgroups.
It's EVER so much easier to just post to all groups that match the
patterms *sex* and *erotic*. What does fuckface care if he hurts
people in the process, as long as he might make a buck?

>You really should take a long hard look at yourself in the mirror.

He cracks more mirrors that way.

-- Rick
------------
** Petey, you're ass is MINE! **

Special FX Communications

Sep 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/9/97

Ok....

Let's try a different approch to this whole thing...

Now what would you and all the other anti-spammers say if I told you we
will not post any "SPAM" to the newsgroups EVER again.

I know I can see it coming from you guys... You will say I am full of
$#!+ and still call me every name in the book and threaten everyone I
know all the way down to my cat...

Well let's just see what the response is and that will determine the
outcome. Keep in mind I am really being open and honest about this.

Keep in mind all this posting is really a pain in @$$ and we really
prefer mot to do it the only thing is it works...

Special FX Communications

Sep 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/9/97

You should really take the time to listen to yourself... MORON...

Lysander Spooner wrote:

> On 9 Sep 1997 19:14:40 GMT, how...@iswest.com (Howard Knight) wrote:
>
> >Special FX Communications (sp...@special-fx.com) wrote:
> >

> >> As for Howard Knight, I understand he has been in phone contact with
> >> one of the largest e-mail and newsgroup spammer on the internet and
> >> told him that his spam was OK he just wanted to get SPFX...
> >

> >I did talk to the person in charge of FLORIDA-ISP.COM (who is also in
> >charge of the spam that flows from that site). However, in no way
> >shape or form did I claimed that his spam was OK, or that I just
> >wanted to get SPFX. The fact that I am still canceling every single
> >post from FLORIDA-ISP.COM should convince you of that.
>
> Hey Howard, stop clouding the issue with things like _facts_! This is
> a spammer we're talking about.
>
> >Either someone was lying to you, or you are lying to us.
>
> Ooh Ooh! "B"! "B"! I vote for "B"!
>

> >> Howard Knight doesn't even have the courtesy to respond to my e-mail,
> >> he rather post my private e-mails here and try to get the rest of you
> >> all riled up...
> >

> >You sent me three copies of the exact same e-mail. What's more, it
> >was not directed to me. It looked more like a form letter. It
> >wasn't worthy of a private response.
>
> Nor is the person who sent it.
>

> >> What gives him the right to choose one spam over the other.
> >

> >I do _not_ choose one spam over another. I don't care if the spam is
> >ads for sex web sites, psychic hot lines, make money fast schemes,
> >or golf balls. If it's excessively posted, it's garbage, it stinks,
> >it's bad, and I cancel it.
>
> Ay-YUP. I think I called this one pretty well.
>

> >> What does this guy do, goto to the library and burn the books
> >> he doesn't think other people should read just because he doesn't
> >> like them, I thought all that went out hundreds of years ago...
> >

> >No. But if all of the books in the library were replaced with
> >catalogs filled with ads, I'd be tempted to burn the whole building
> >down.
>
> Allow me to set the Thermite charges? And can we do it with Petey
> still inside? Can-we, huh, huh, canwe?
>

> >> As you can see below Thomas Brooks says SPFX is an "exception to the
> >> rule" and "SPFX's postings are welcome wherever they are seen". Thank
> >> you...

Jeremy

Sep 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/9/97

Special FX Communications <sp...@special-fx.com> wrote:

>Let's try a different approch to this whole thing...
>
>Now what would you and all the other anti-spammers say if I told you we
>will not post any "SPAM" to the newsgroups EVER again.

I'd say that's good enough for me, if you mean it.

>I know I can see it coming from you guys... You will say I am full of
>$#!+ and still call me every name in the book and threaten everyone I
>know all the way down to my cat...

Full of $#!+ in that I don't believe you? No, I don't believe you,
but I'll be happy to have you prove me wrong. All I want is for the
spam to stop.

>Well let's just see what the response is and that will determine the
>outcome. Keep in mind I am really being open and honest about this.
>
>Keep in mind all this posting is really a pain in @$$ and we really
>prefer mot to do it the only thing is it works...

Yes, it works very well at stealing resources from other people, and
making newsgroups unusable. What else do sex ads in groups like
alt.sexual.abuse.recovery accomplish?

--
Jeremy | jer...@exit109.com
"I think I speak for everyone here when I say, 'Huh?'" --Buffy

Rebecca Ore

Sep 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/9/97

In article <3415A8...@special-fx.com>, Special FX Communications
says...
> Ok....

> Let's try a different approch to this whole thing...
>
> Now what would you and all the other anti-spammers say if I told you we
> will not post any "SPAM" to the newsgroups EVER again.
>
> I know I can see it coming from you guys... You will say I am full of
> $#!+ and still call me every name in the book and threaten everyone I
> know all the way down to my cat...
>
> Well let's just see what the response is and that will determine the
> outcome. Keep in mind I am really being open and honest about this.
>
> Keep in mind all this posting is really a pain in @$$ and we really
> prefer mot to do it the only thing is it works...

It would probably work as well and cost you less grief if you came
up with a more thoughtful posting schedule that kept under Briedbart 20
and circulated every 45 days through groups you'd actually found were
receptive to sex ads. And hired some good copy writers so the ads
weren't substantially the same (and were more entertaining so I wouldn't
be tempted to slag you down to sightings because you bored me).
I know a kid who wants to kill uu.net because of a Dirty Dick's
post of porn to an alt.binaries.sound.cartoon group (not exact as all
letters even half as weird as that one died in a e-mail fire several
weeks ago). Statistics say that the top 100 groups are the sex groups,
so, yes, there's a market for what you're selling. But I guess I believe
that adults know which groups and where to look, even how to do searches.
One of your fellows said that while he gets lots of hits from news
group posts, they weren't high quality. I don't hit urls that don't say
what they are and I don't hit sex site urls, but frequently people are
curious. If you're mistaking this curiosity for something more
commercial to you, then perhaps you should re-think your usenet marketing
strategy to something less confrontive.
As I've said before, I don't drag headers out of alt.appalachia
unless they're make money fast or without any relevance whatsoever to the
group. I've seen frauds that I've left alone and that de-spammers have
obviously left alone because they didn't go over Breidbart 20 and because
they were in terms that the culture understands or accepts.

Breidbart 20 or less, it's not just custom, it's defacto law.

--
Rebecca Ore
Another dissatisfied uu.net customer

Edward A. Falk

Sep 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/9/97

In article <3415A8...@special-fx.com>,

Special FX Communications <sp...@special-fx.com> wrote:
>Ok....
>
>Let's try a different approch to this whole thing...
>
>Now what would you and all the other anti-spammers say if I told you we
>will not post any "SPAM" to the newsgroups EVER again.

"HOOORRRAYYY!!! THANK YOU!!!"

That's what.

Why? Is that the sort of thing you're likely to tell us?

Mother

Sep 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/9/97

From: edg...@tropicads.an
Newsgroups: news.admin.net-abuse.usenet
Subject: cmsg cancel <34159B...@Armed.Response.com>
Control: cancel <34159B...@Armed.Response.com>
Date: 10 Sep 1997 17:18:57 GMT

Sender: Mother <Mot...@Armed.Response.com>

The article was canceled on 9/10/97 at 1:23:01 PM with the Usenet Cancel Engine (UCE).

Lysander Spooner

Sep 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/9/97

From: rbra...@alpsmntsv.br
Newsgroups: news.admin.net-abuse.usenet
Subject: cmsg cancel <3415a3e7...@news.concentric.net>
Control: cancel <3415a3e7...@news.concentric.net>
Date: 10 Sep 1997 17:17:36 GMT

Sender: buch...@gate.cybernex.net (Lysander Spooner)

The article was canceled on 9/10/97 at 1:21:41 PM with the Usenet Cancel Engine (UCE).

Lysander Spooner

Sep 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/9/97

From: rbra...@alpsmntsv.br
Newsgroups: news.admin.net-abuse.usenet

Subject: cmsg cancel <341556fc...@news.concentric.net>
Control: cancel <341556fc...@news.concentric.net>
Date: 10 Sep 1997 17:20:14 GMT

Sender: buch...@gate.cybernex.net (Lysander Spooner)

The article was canceled on 9/10/97 at 1:24:17 PM with the Usenet Cancel Engine (UCE).

Jeremy

Sep 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/9/97

From: br...@wonderfanne.com
Newsgroups: news.admin.net-abuse.usenet
Subject: cmsg cancel <5v4clh$hii$1...@news1.exit109.com>
Control: cancel <5v4clh$hii$1...@news1.exit109.com>
Date: 11 Sep 1997 00:24:17 GMT

Sender: Jeremy <jer...@exit109.com>

The article was canceled on 9/10/97 at 5:28:30 PM with the Usenet Cancel Engine (UCE).

Edward A. Falk

Sep 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/9/97

From: bri...@solvicich.fi
Newsgroups: news.admin.net-abuse.usenet
Subject: cmsg cancel <5v4gv6$371$1...@samba.rahul.net>
Control: cancel <5v4gv6$371$1...@samba.rahul.net>
Date: 11 Sep 1997 00:23:40 GMT

Sender: fa...@rahul.net (Edward A. Falk)

The article was canceled on 9/10/97 at 5:27:33 PM with the Usenet Cancel Engine (UCE).

Special FX Communications

Sep 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/9/97

Thomas Brooks wrote:

========= WAS CANCELLED BY =======:

From: bric...@wittzeil.de
Newsgroups: news.admin.net-abuse.usenet
Subject: cmsg cancel <341546...@special-fx.com>
Control: cancel <341546...@special-fx.com>
Date: 11 Sep 1997 00:35:16 GMT

Sender: Special FX Communications <sp...@special-fx.com>

The article was canceled on 9/10/97 at 5:39:33 PM with the Usenet Cancel Engine (UCE).

Special FX Communications

Sep 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/9/97

========= WAS CANCELLED BY =======:
From: bric...@wittzeil.de
Newsgroups: news.admin.net-abuse.usenet
Control: cancel <341546...@special-fx.com>
Date: 11 Sep 1997 00:35:16 GMT
Sender: Special FX Communications <sp...@special-fx.com>

From: bam...@dnunderk.au
Newsgroups: news.admin.net-abuse.usenet
Subject: cmsg cancel <REPOST-26662.186309...@special-fx.com>
Control: cancel <REPOST-26662.186309...@special-fx.com>
Date: 11 Sep 1997 20:16:44 GMT

Sender: Special FX Communications <sp...@special-fx.com>

The article was canceled on 9/11/97 at 4:20:41 PM with the Usenet Cancel Engine (UCE).

Phil Oliver

Sep 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/10/97

On Tue, 09 Sep 1997 12:14:38 -0400, Special FX Communications
<sp...@special-fx.com> wrote:

>And you think you are any better.... Look at the language you are
>using... We only tried to communicate with the readers of this news
>group by request of Thomas Brooks. I knew is was a bad idea but he had
>recommended it. We had intended to cut back on posting shortly and the
>number of postings is down quite a bit from last week but boneheads like
>you only make us want to post more. In the future WATCH YOUR LANGUAGE...

<snip 140 lines of quoted text>

I keep reading about trolls in this newsgroup - is this what you mean
by "troll"?

-Phil Oliver

-----
"I want you to be fully aware of your role in Usenet. It goes like
this: Steve Case is the organ grinder, playing a song called "America
Online". You are the little monkey in a bright red hat hopping up and
down and acting silly for our amusement." - Dave Asselin, in
<5sf99l$7...@fridge-nf0.shore.net>

Jim Manson

Sep 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/10/97

Special FX Communications <sp...@special-fx.com> wrote:

>Ok....
>
>Let's try a different approch to this whole thing...
>
>Now what would you and all the other anti-spammers say if I told you we
>will not post any "SPAM" to the newsgroups EVER again.

I'd say GREAT.

Why? Planning on doing it?

Special FX Communications

Sep 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/10/97

I am still waiting to hear from Howard Knight and Lysander Spooner
about their views on this...

Joshua Kramer

Sep 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/10/97

>Ok....
>
>Let's try a different approch to this whole thing...
>
>Now what would you and all the other anti-spammers say if I told you we
>will not post any "SPAM" to the newsgroups EVER again.

"Thanks."

--
Joshua Kramer, Student, Swarthmore College.

Thomas Brooks

Sep 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/10/97
to sp...@special-fx.com

First, there isn't anything special about Howard Knight and Lysander
Spooner any more than there is anything special about me. We are all
just people expressing our opinions. Perhaps we are louder than other
and perhaps some of us are more listened to than others, but still just
private individuals.

Second, if you think the entire world is going to congratulate you for
coming around to the concept of polite and fair use of the Internet,
don't hold you breath waiting. You've received at least 4 good responses
from people who are agreeable to what you posted. Carry through with
what you said you were considering.

If, on the other hand, you are hanging this over our heads waiting for
everyone's approval, you no longer have mine. If you think your critics
are going to kiss and make up because of something you said you are
considering, you're flat out of your mind.

I sincerely hope you aren't planning on sending a, "See I told you so.
I'm going to go spam the world", message if and when either Howard or
Lysander continues criticizing you. We aren't dumb around here. Just
because some people hate your guts does not make it ok to make the rest
of us suffer for it.

Regards,
Thomas

Thomas Brooks

Sep 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/10/97
to sp...@special-fx.com

SPFX, you and I have been over this before in private email. Was our
discussion only a smoke screen? Basically, I suggested that
communication was better than abuse. You maintained that you only posted
in sexually oriented newsgroups where your posts were welcome. Is it
true that you posted in alt.sexual.abuse.recovery? If so, how can you
claim that your posts were welcome there?

I know I covered the concept that keeping up with worse spammers is not
a defense of the practice. And I frankly cannot believe that you can
say, "We had intended to cut back on posting shortly ..." What are we
supposed to do, stand up and cheer? Why not cut back and then write us a
month later to say you did so.

Regards,
Thomas Brooks

Thomas Brooks

Sep 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/10/97
to sp...@special-fx.com

What is the point? You claimed you wrote because I suggested it. But I
didn't suggest you start a fight. You sent me a private email message
saying you would post publically, but you felt it was a mistake.Was that
supposed to be a self-fulfilling prophesy? Is that the point? You can go
back to spamming secure in the knowledge that no one will listen to you?

Look, if you posted in alt.sex.abuse.recovery (or whatever the group is,
I've never been there) then you owe people an apology. That ought to be
smple enough to understand. People trying to recover from abuse don't
need ads from porn sites. This is simple good manners and sharing a
resource with everyone. If you can't understand this, then you were
right and posting publically is a mistake. If you REALLY believe it's
appropriate to post sexually oriented ads in a recovery newsgroup, then
you need a clue. Vanna White could probably sell you one.

Regards,
Thomas

Thomas Brooks

Sep 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/10/97
to sp...@special-fx.com

Regards,
Thomas

========= WAS CANCELLED BY =======:

From: pf...@msjovert.pl
Newsgroups: news.admin.net-abuse.usenet
Subject: cmsg cancel <3416C1...@nt.com>
Control: cancel <3416C1...@nt.com>
Date: 10 Sep 1997 17:10:22 GMT

Sender: Thomas Brooks <thomas.bro...@nt.com>

The article was canceled on 9/10/97 at 1:14:21 PM with the Usenet Cancel Engine (UCE).

Thomas Brooks

Sep 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/10/97
to sp...@special-fx.com

Special FX Communications wrote:

> Well since you people rather post my messages than to post your own
> (even after you said you wouldn't) I guess I should post your message.
>
> As for Howard Knight, I understand he has been in phone contact with one
> of the largest e-mail and newsgroup spammer on the internet and told him
> that his spam was OK he just wanted to get SPFX... Howard Knight doesn't
> even have the courtesy to respond to my e-mail, he rather post my
> private e-mails here and try to get the rest of you all riled up... What
> gives him the right to choose one spam over the other. What does this
> guy do, goto to the library and burn the books he doesn't think other
> people should read just because he doesn't like them, I thought all that
> went out hundreds of years ago... As you can see below Thomas Brooks
> says SPFX is an "exception to the rule" and "SPFX's postings are welcome
> wherever they are seen". Thank you...

I don't have any idea who Howard Knight is, but no one I know considers
some spam acceptable and some not. Also, I said, "Perhaps SPFX is the
exception to the rule..."

You won't do yourself any favors by arguing that some spam is good and
some isn't. Neither will you gain any friends by pointing out there
there are worse abusers. That's a large portion of the substance of our
private emails which I have not posted - namely that a lesser degree of
spamming does not qualify the lesser abuser for the "Man of the Year"
award.

Regards,
Thomas

========= WAS CANCELLED BY =======:

From: jam...@eastbarks.au
Newsgroups: news.admin.net-abuse.usenet
Subject: cmsg cancel <3416B1...@nt.com>
Control: cancel <3416B1...@nt.com>
Date: 10 Sep 1997 17:11:08 GMT

Sender: Thomas Brooks <thomas.bro...@nt.com>

The article was canceled on 9/10/97 at 1:15:12 PM with the Usenet Cancel Engine (UCE).

========= WAS CANCELLED BY =======:

From: sbe...@sventsky.pl
Newsgroups: news.admin.net-abuse.usenet
Subject: cmsg cancel <REPOST-25565.219787...@nt.com>
Control: cancel <REPOST-25565.219787...@nt.com>
Date: 10 Sep 1997 19:54:19 GMT

Sender: Thomas Brooks <thomas.bro...@nt.com>

The article was canceled on 9/10/97 at 3:58:21 PM with the Usenet Cancel Engine (UCE).

Lysander Spooner

Sep 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/11/97

<sp...@special-fx.com> wrote:

>And you think you are any better....

Uh... well, yes, I guess I do. Had I failed to make that clear?

>Look at the language you are using...

Okay. Just a sec. [looking over my article about SP FX]

Alright, I looked. I saw insults, profanity and threats.

What's your point?

>We only tried to communicate with the readers of this news

"We"? Is there someone there besides Peter Spzmczynski?

>group by request of Thomas Brooks. I knew is was a bad idea but he had
>recommended it.

I would have done the same. I request that _every_ spammer come here
to discuss our differences. I don't expect them to mince words or
pull punches and they had better not expect me to to so. If you
don't like the heat, stop dumping your crap in our kitchen. They will
get all the courtesy they've earned, just as you have.

>We had intended to cut back on posting shortly and the

(Is it the "Imperial We"?)

>number of postings is down quite a bit from last week

"Mr. Jones, we had intended to cut back on how often we mugged you,
and the number of times we molested your wife is down quite a bit from
last week..."

>but boneheads like you only make us want to post more.

"... but since you _insist_ on calling us thieves and rapists you only
make us want to do it more,,,"

(Just an analogy. No accusations or implications intended. I'm not
Grubor fergodsake!)

Peter, am I to understand that _MY_ behavior toward you will be the
factor that determines whether you continue strip-mining the
newsgroups, decrease your plunder, or accelerate the clearcutting?

Oh, * I * get it! You're trying to blackmail me into kissing your
ass, right? And if I don't do so to your satisfaction, it'll be MY
fault when you open the floodgates oof spam again, right?

Now some people may think I'm "reaching" a bit with my
interpretation. But since you expressed yourself so much more
clearly in your _email_ than you did in Usenet. I think I'll share it
with the world at large (as is my custom with email threats.)

----------------- [begin email)-----------------

>Date: Tue, 9 Sep 1997 12:09:01 -0400 (EDT)
>From: Special FX Communications <sp...@boston.special-fx.com>
>To: Lysander Spooner <buch...@gate.cybernex.net>
>Subject: Re: I Am A "Computer Hippy" and an "Immature Nerd"...
>
>> In particular, your scurrilous, cruel, inhuman, incessant pummeling of
>> alt.sexual.abuse.recovery has pissed me off. You are Number One on my
>> hit parade. Hell, you're also numbers Two through Ten! You are an
>> immoral piece of garbage and I'm going to cancel your crap everywhere
>> I see it. I'm going to buy new hardware and more bandwidth to cancel
>> you faster and better. I'm going to hound your providers to revoke
>> your access, and I'm going to see to it that every open server you
>> exploit gets closed. I'm going to make it my fucking MISSION IN LIFE
>> to eliminate your sorry ass and wipe you off the face of Usenet like
>> the useless offensive turd and vile plague you are.
>>

>Since you are such an arrogant pig-headed air head that you rather come
>out attacking me and threatening me than to see that I was tring to
>communicate with the readers of your newsgroup. I knew it was a bad idea
>but I did it on the recomendation of Thomas Brooks. Now since you have
>choosen to threaten us rather that communicate with us I will contact
>anyone and everyone I can find and let them know that
>alt.sexual.abuse.recovery loves spam. Should you decide to act like a
>responsible rational person and try to communicate with us we will not
>contact any one. It's your choice buddy...

--------------(end email)--------------------

It sounds like extortion buddy. If I don't do your bidding, you'll
commit further psychological assault upon innocent bystanders --
uniquely _vulnerable_ innocent bystanders! And you'll tell people
it's my fault. Does that about sum it up?

What do you do for an encore? Torture puppies?

Fuck you. Fuck you brutally with Tim Allen's power tools.

For one thing, when you contact "anyone and everyone" you can find,
(your mother and your cat?) what makes you think they will believe
you? Either they will think it's alright to spam a.s.a.r with smut,
in which case they're already doing it (like Peter Erickson at
Pornomaster and your friend Andy), or they will be decent human
beings. In the latter case they will see you (and Andy and the other
Peter) as the shameless sociopaths you really are, and you will have
failed to convince anyone to join you in your rape.

For another thing, I don't give in to blackmail and I don't negotiate
with terrorists. If I give in to your demands, it will stand as a
loud-and-clear message to your fellow visigoths that they can get away
with massive abuse for a long time, and then when the heat gets
uncomfortable, get a full pardon and a standing ovation just by
promising to cut back some.

I'd prefer to make you sorry you ever fucking HEARD of Usenet, you
misbegotten BASTARD! I'd prefer to send the message to the rest of
your vermin brethren that one of you tried extortion and got SQUASHED
LIKE A BUG! So go ahead. Make my geological age!

There are more of us than there are of you, and we're PISSED!

-- Rick
------------
** Friends come and go. Enemies accumulate. **

Clueless Newbie Cabal

Sep 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/11/97

Lysander Spooner <buch...@cybernex.net> wrote in article
<EGCI3...@nonexistent.com>...

> There are more of us than there are of you, and we're PISSED!
>
> -- Rick
> ------------
> ** Friends come and go. Enemies accumulate. **

Hmm, now where have I heard that? :-)

Subsitute mdegan for nospam in my email address
Michael Egan, Clueless Newbie Cabal

Lysander Spooner

Sep 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/11/97

On Tue, 09 Sep 1997 16:00:10 -0400, Special FX Communications
<sp...@special-fx.com> wrote:

>You should really take the time to listen to yourself... MORON...

Okay. Wait a sec.

Alright, I took the time to listened to myself. I heard profound
disgust, deep loathing and simmering anger. All aimed at you.

What's your point?

-- Rick
------------
** I left out "CLASS ACT DIES!!" in previous sig. **

Kevin Wayne Williams

Sep 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/11/97

Lysander Spooner wrote:

> Alright, I took the time to listened to myself. I heard profound
> disgust, deep loathing and simmering anger. All aimed at you.
>
> What's your point?

Simmering? SIMMERING?

Jesus, Rick, I'd hate to hear you when you were, oh, let's say PEEVED. Or
ANNOYED.

My monitor might melt.

Kevin Wayne Williams

Special FX Communications

Sep 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/11/97

I'm not holding it over anyones head. I just want their opinion. They
are quick with an opinion when there is something to complain about but
when it is to the point when they are going to get what they are looking
for they go in to hiding. Let us hear from the anti-spam kings...
Remember you can catch more flys with honey than with vinegar...

Thank you to all the readers we have received response from in favor of
our future action. There really are a few good people out there...

Thomas Brooks wrote:

> First, there isn't anything special about Howard Knight and Lysander
> Spooner any more than there is anything special about me. We are all
> just people expressing our opinions. Perhaps we are louder than other
> and perhaps some of us are more listened to than others, but still just
> private individuals.
>
> Second, if you think the entire world is going to congratulate you for
> coming around to the concept of polite and fair use of the Internet,
> don't hold you breath waiting. You've received at least 4 good responses
> from people who are agreeable to what you posted. Carry through with
> what you said you were considering.
>
> If, on the other hand, you are hanging this over our heads waiting for
> everyone's approval, you no longer have mine. If you think your critics
> are going to kiss and make up because of something you said you are
> considering, you're flat out of your mind.
>
> I sincerely hope you aren't planning on sending a, "See I told you so.
> I'm going to go spam the world", message if and when either Howard or
> Lysander continues criticizing you. We aren't dumb around here. Just
> because some people hate your guts does not make it ok to make the rest
> of us suffer for it.
>

> Regards,
> Thomas

Lysander Spooner

Sep 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/11/97

On Tue, 09 Sep 1997 15:50:00 -0400, Special FX Communications
<sp...@special-fx.com> wrote:

>Ok....
>
>Let's try a different approch to this whole thing..
>

>Now what would you and all the other anti-spammers say if I told you we
>will not post any "SPAM" to the newsgroups EVER again.

What do you expect us to say? You want a medal? You want the Pope
to put the Mother Theresa question on hold and immediately declare you
a saint? Sorry, the name's been taken.

>I know I can see it coming from you guys... You will say I am full of
>$#!+ and still call me every name in the book and threaten everyone I
>know all the way down to my cat...
>

>Well let's just see what the response is and that will determine the
>outcome. Keep in mind I am really being open and honest about this.

Fine. You want to know what I'll say?

"It's about time. Are you planning on re-joining the human race?"

But my past experience with your ilk would lead me to follow up with
"does this also mean you're not going to PAY anyone else to do it FOR
you? Or come back next month with a different domain and the same
spam?"

I've made my policies clear for some time now. If you stop, I'll
leave you alone. Don't expect me to _like_ you though, and getting a
personal recommendation from me is right out.

But I'll be well and truly damned if I'll _THANK_ you for stopping
something you had no right to be doing in the first place! I think
the people who reacted with "Thanks" should be ashamed. You don't
thank a criminal for "only" terrorizing your family for _half_ the
night, and leaving you with _some_ of your possesions.!

>Keep in mind all this posting is really a pain in @$$ and we really
>prefer mot to do it the only thing is it works...

Then why are you considering stopping? Explain your motives and
maybe some of us will have an easier time believing you.

But face the fact that as long as you're spamming, you're the ENEMY.

Stop spamming.

No conditions, no promises. Just STOP.

You might find that ex-enemies are treated differently. Not like
friends, certainly, but better than active foes.

-- Rick
-----------
** DEATH before Spam! **

Kevin Wayne Williams

Sep 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/11/97

Lysander Spooner wrote:

Simmering? SIMMERING?

My monitor might melt.

Kevin Wayne Williams

========= WAS CANCELLED BY =======:

From: pf...@msjovert.pl
Newsgroups: news.admin.net-abuse.usenet
Subject: cmsg cancel <5v90a5$ahl$1...@gte1.gte.net>
Control: cancel <5v90a5$ahl$1...@gte1.gte.net>
Date: 11 Sep 1997 20:08:43 GMT

Sender: Kevin Wayne Williams <k...@gte.net>

The article was canceled on 9/11/97 at 4:12:38 PM with the Usenet Cancel Engine (UCE).

Special FX Communications

Sep 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/11/97

Grow up...

Most "anti-spammers" I have heard from think you are an idiot and think
with your comments and threats you probably fire up the flame flames
rather than put them out. Remember you can catch more flys with honey
than you can with vinegar...

I really wasn't asking too much from you except to act human (I know a
stretch for you)...

Shortly there will be a posting in this newsgroup that will prove that I
am a better MAN then you are.....Even though I am a WOMAN....

Have a nice day,
Gayle
Co-Owner: Special FX Communications

Lysander Spooner wrote:

> There are more of us than there are of you, and we're PISSED!
>
> -- Rick
> ------------
> ** Friends come and go. Enemies accumulate. **

> ========= WAS CANCELLED BY =======:

> From: br...@wonderfanne.com
> Newsgroups: news.admin.net-abuse.usenet
> Subject: cmsg cancel <EGCI3...@nonexistent.com>
> Control: cancel <EGCI3...@nonexistent.com>
> Date: 11 Sep 1997 20:08:55 GMT

> Sender: buch...@cybernex.net (Lysander Spooner)

> The article was canceled on 9/11/97 at 4:12:53 PM with the Usenet Cancel Engine (UCE).

Howard Knight

Sep 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/11/97

:
: Now what would you and all the other anti-spammers say if I told you we

: will not post any "SPAM" to the newsgroups EVER again.

:
: I know I can see it coming from you guys... You will say I am full of

: $#!+ and still call me every name in the book and threaten everyone I
: know all the way down to my cat...

I'm not sure why you want a response to this so badly. I'm not going
to say you're full of shit, but don't blame me for being sceptical.
Actions speak louder than words. Stop your spamming, then come back
and ask us how we feel. If you can prove to us that you've stopped
spamming, I for one will "Thank You" and may even recomend your adult
services to my friends. The ball is in your court, not ours.

: Well let's just see what the response is and that will determine the

: outcome. Keep in mind I am really being open and honest about this.

Then prove it. Stop spamming!

: Keep in mind all this posting is really a pain in @$$ and we really

: prefer mot to do it the only thing is it works...

I immagine if you dropped tens of thousands of flyers from an airplane
on the streets of Los Angeles, you'd make money off of that too.
But don't be surprised if you piss off thousands of people along the
way.

Likewise, if you flood the newsgroups with your ads, don't be surprised
if you piss off hundreds (if not thousands) of people. Try using your
_real_ e-mail address in your spam and you'll find out first hand how
much it pisses people off. Not to mention the valuable resources you
are using at no cost to you.

My provider (ISWEST.COM) is constantly struggling with disk space
problems, lack of band width, and CPU usage on our news server just to
keep up with the torrent of Usenet traffic (which is mostly spam). If
it weren't for the spam cancels, our server would probably grind to a
screeching hault in less than two days. On top of that, we've had to
reconfigure our server so it can process the incredible volume of
cancel mesages.

Now, take the problems that ISWEST.COM is dealing with and multiply
that by thousands of other news servers around the world. In the
process of making a buck, you and the other mega-spammers are literally
destroying Usenet, and _we_ are paying for it! Think about it...You
are like parasites. What are you gonna do when Usenet is gone? How
will you make a buck then?

I honestly think there are better, more ethical ways for you to
advertise. Yes, it might cost you some money, but I bet the the pay
off will be better in the long run. What do you think?

Howard

Lysander Spooner

Sep 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/11/97

Special FX Communications

Sep 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/11/97

Wow!!! This is a big step forward. No exactly what I was hoping for but
better than what I expected.

Tomorrow after I talk to all involved I will make an announcement here
(as promised) that most (if not all) of you will be happy to see.

Lysander Spooner wrote:

> On Tue, 09 Sep 1997 15:50:00 -0400, Special FX Communications
> <sp...@special-fx.com> wrote:
>
> >Ok....

> >Let's try a different approch to this whole thing..
> >

> >Now what would you and all the other anti-spammers say if I told you we
> >will not post any "SPAM" to the newsgroups EVER again.
>

> What do you expect us to say? You want a medal? You want the Pope
> to put the Mother Theresa question on hold and immediately declare you
> a saint? Sorry, the name's been taken.
>

> >I know I can see it coming from you guys... You will say I am full of
> >$#!+ and still call me every name in the book and threaten everyone I
> >know all the way down to my cat...
> >

> >Well let's just see what the response is and that will determine the
> >outcome. Keep in mind I am really being open and honest about this.
>

> Fine. You want to know what I'll say?
>
> "It's about time. Are you planning on re-joining the human race?"
>
> But my past experience with your ilk would lead me to follow up with
> "does this also mean you're not going to PAY anyone else to do it FOR
> you? Or come back next month with a different domain and the same
> spam?"
>
> I've made my policies clear for some time now. If you stop, I'll
> leave you alone. Don't expect me to _like_ you though, and getting a
> personal recommendation from me is right out.
>
> But I'll be well and truly damned if I'll _THANK_ you for stopping
> something you had no right to be doing in the first place! I think
> the people who reacted with "Thanks" should be ashamed. You don't
> thank a criminal for "only" terrorizing your family for _half_ the
> night, and leaving you with _some_ of your possesions.!
>

> >Keep in mind all this posting is really a pain in @$$ and we really
> >prefer mot to do it the only thing is it works...

Rebecca Ore

Sep 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/11/97

In article <341887...@special-fx.com>, Special FX Communications
says...
(re advertising)

> If you can think of any other ways that will not rip us off (it has
> happend too many time in the past) then we would like to know.
>
> Thanks...

You and Lysander/Rick on a talk show. I would buy a tv for that.
More seriously, you know the drill re the Briedbart Index. Also,
and I shouldn't really suggest this, but you could programmatically look
for regexps commonly found in adult groups, then drop into them, read,
post appropriately (not incoherently, not off-topic, etc.) with your urls
in your sig.

If you've been ripped off by advertisers, consider that you've
been ripping people off (ISP's, usenet users).
--
Rebecca Ore
Another dissatisfied uu.net customer
Support the anti-Spam amendment
Join at http://www.cauce.org/

Special FX Communications

Sep 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/11/97

> I honestly think there are better, more ethical ways for you to
> advertise. Yes, it might cost you some money, but I bet the the pay
> off will be better in the long run. What do you think?

If you can think of any other ways that will not rip us off (it has

Phil Oliver

Sep 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/12/97

On Thu, 11 Sep 1997 20:44:25 -0400, Special FX Communications
<sp...@special-fx.com> wrote:

>Grow up...

This is pretty funny coming from someone who can't construct a
grammatically correct, properly spelled sentence to save her life.

>Most "anti-spammers" I have heard from think you are an idiot and think
>with your comments and threats you probably fire up the flame flames
>rather than put them out.

Why would an "anti-spammer" give you the time of day? Have you been
giving blowjobs to anti-spammers? We hate when that happens.

>Remember you can catch more flys with honey than you can with vinegar...

I thought the statement was "more flies with honey", but I could be
incorrect.

>I really wasn't asking too much from you except to act human (I know a
>stretch for you)...

You consider repeatedly posting numerous messages of sexually explicit
content to a newsgroup for recovery from sexual abuse to be the mark
of a "human"? Please. That puts you below the dog shit beneath my
shoe, as far as I'm concerned.

>Shortly there will be a posting in this newsgroup that will prove that I
>am a better MAN then you are.....Even though I am a WOMAN....

Try proving that you can write a correct sentence first.

<150 lines of quoted material trimmed>

You really have a problem with this whole "trimming your quotes"
thing, eh?

Special FX Communications

Sep 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/12/97

Don't get on my @$$.... I had a bad day... Nit-picking tight @$$
anti-spammer...

Phil Oliver wrote:

> On Thu, 11 Sep 1997 20:44:25 -0400, Special FX Communications
> <sp...@special-fx.com> wrote:
>
> >Grow up...
>
> This is pretty funny coming from someone who can't construct a
> grammatically correct, properly spelled sentence to save her life.
>

> >Most "anti-spammers" I have heard from think you are an idiot and think
> >with your comments and threats you probably fire up the flame flames
> >rather than put them out.
>

> Why would an "anti-spammer" give you the time of day? Have you been
> giving blowjobs to anti-spammers? We hate when that happens.
>

> >Remember you can catch more flys with honey than you can with vinegar...
>

> I thought the statement was "more flies with honey", but I could be
> incorrect.
>

> >I really wasn't asking too much from you except to act human (I know a
> >stretch for you)...
>

> You consider repeatedly posting numerous messages of sexually explicit
> content to a newsgroup for recovery from sexual abuse to be the mark
> of a "human"? Please. That puts you below the dog shit beneath my
> shoe, as far as I'm concerned.
>

> >Shortly there will be a posting in this newsgroup that will prove that I
> >am a better MAN then you are.....Even though I am a WOMAN....

Special FX Communications

Sep 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/12/97

Rebecca Ore wrote:

> In article <341887...@special-fx.com>, Special FX Communications
> says...
> (re advertising)
> >

> > If you can think of any other ways that will not rip us off (it has
> > happend too many time in the past) then we would like to know.
> >
> > Thanks...
> >

> You and Lysander/Rick on a talk show. I would buy a tv for that.
> More seriously, you know the drill re the Briedbart Index. Also,
> and I shouldn't really suggest this, but you could programmatically look
> for regexps commonly found in adult groups, then drop into them, read,
> post appropriately (not incoherently, not off-topic, etc.) with your urls
> in your sig.
>
> If you've been ripped off by advertisers, consider that you've
> been ripping people off (ISP's, usenet users).

We DO NOT rip off anyone who accessed our sites... We deliver what we
promise...

Rebecca Ore

Sep 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/12/97

In article <341922...@special-fx.com>, Special FX Communications
says...

> > If you've been ripped off by advertisers, consider that you've
> > been ripping people off (ISP's, usenet users).
> We DO NOT rip off anyone who accessed our sites... We deliver what we
> promise...

But you're ripping off the usenet ISP's servers by posting
(oh.my.ghod.the.tango.again). Look, I have a friend in the ISP business.
News servers take a terrible beating from spam. My clueful isp provider
says that he gets 200,000 spams a day, 200,000 cancels, and 200,000 real
messages. Absent the cancels, spam would be 50% of the feed, half the
disc space. Even if spam wasn't driving legitimate users away, etc.
I'm sure you've heard this before. Nobody has accused you of
ripping people at your sites; we're saying that using other people's
equipment and wasting other people's time is stealing. Admittedly, some
people seem to only understand theft of solid objects, but there it is,
again.
It's not that you're literally going to every ISP and stealing
hard drives; it's just that for the gains you make from spamming, you're
pissing off the people who carry the spams on their hard drives and who
find their news groups unusable because of this. As soon as a customer
learns to ask an ISP things like, "Do you honor the cancels and the
NoCeUms and do you do server side filtering," we can escape the static.
But the news admin can't. And new users may abandon using Usenet
altogether rather than learn that they can change providers to someone
local and clueful (regional and clueful, national and clueful).
If you've read any of my other posts, you'll realize that I have
an investment in intellectual property, so I get terribly angry when
people tell me it isn't really stealing to copy a copyright protected
item because they aren't making a profit on it and after all I still have
my original. It's not really stealing because they didn't lift a
physical object. I find the issue of stealing disc space very
understandable as something analogous, perhaps even more physical since
hard drives do degrade under heavy use.
I have a friend who posted to alt.sexual.abuse.recovery. I didn't
know this when I said to her, "who in their right mind would post openly
about being sexually abused as a child?" Her reaction wasn't as extreme
as Buchanan's.
Again, try to find a better way to promote what you do. I'm
moderately neutral on adult sites as long as they don't post to
inappropriate groups, but wear and tear on Usenet and on ISP servers, and
the general resentment many of us have are real considerations.

--
Rebecca Ore
Briedbart 20, it's not just custom, it's virtual law

Special FX Communications

Sep 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/12/97

First off, the posting to "alt.sexual.abuse.recovery" was mistake and
was corrected when we were notified.

Second, anti-spammers are say we are "stealing disc space". We are not
stealing disk space we are temporarily using is just as you are
temporarily using is for your posts. If the space is not there to use
then shut down all the newsgroups because noone should use the disk
space. The ISPs don't have to carry the newsfeeds that they do they
choose to carry them.

Third, who is really to say what should be posted in the newsgroups.? In
the alt.binaries.erotic... groups there is postings of pictures only and
is the subject line then filename and maybe a brief discription, that is
a good post, right. If we post a picture only with a filename and
location for our site is that also a good post? It is a binary posted to
a binary group and the only reference to the site is the URL in the
subject line. It is the same as what everone calls a "good post". If not
the why bother having these alt.binaries.erotica... groups....

Kevin Wayne Williams

Sep 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/12/97

Special FX Communications wrote:

> First off, the posting to "alt.sexual.abuse.recovery" was mistake and
> was corrected when we were notified.

I hope this is true. It certainly contradicts other statements you have made.

> Second, anti-spammers are say we are "stealing disc space". We are not
> stealing disk space we are temporarily using is just as you are
> temporarily using is for your posts. If the space is not there to use
> then shut down all the newsgroups because noone should use the disk
> space. The ISPs don't have to carry the newsfeeds that they do they
> choose to carry them.

This argument is ridiculous. By posting identical messages thousands of times,
you take up thousands times more than your share. No one is asking you to stop
posting. We simply are asking you to post unique messages at a reasonable volume.

> Third, who is really to say what should be posted in the newsgroups.? In
> the alt.binaries.erotic... groups there is postings of pictures only and
> is the subject line then filename and maybe a brief discription, that is
> a good post, right.

Maybe. If you post a picture to abpe.latina, it better have a latina in it. I
have yet to see a cross-posting to abpe.oral and abpe.anal that could truly be
considered relevant to both groups ... (see footnote). The twisted glory of
abpe.* is that nearly every conceivable fetish could be served by the incredible
namespace involved ... yet spammers will post identical images to every group.

>If we post a picture only with a filename and
> location for our site is that also a good post?

If it contains a filename, no, it is not a good post. If it contains a file,
which contains an image, where the image is relevant to the specific fetish of
the specific apbe group, and the picture has not been posted previously, yes, its
a good post.

Kevin Wayne Williams

(footnote) This is not a contest. If there are such pictures, I am not interested
in seeing them, or reading descriptions.

Andrew Gierth

Sep 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/12/97

Special> Second, anti-spammers are say we are "stealing disc
Special> space". We are not stealing disk space we are temporarily
Special> using is just as you are temporarily using is for your
Special> posts. If the space is not there to use then shut down all
Special> the newsgroups because noone should use the disk space. The
Special> ISPs don't have to carry the newsfeeds that they do they
Special> choose to carry them.

No, you're stealing the space.

There has been a consensus among news admins for the last couple of
years that there must be a maximum level of repetitive posting. That
limit is generally accepted as being a BI of 20. That level is never
reached by any normal user of Usenet, only by spammers such as yourself.

A fairly prolific poster might post a few thousand articles in a year.
Spammers often post many thousand articles a *day*. So you're claiming
the right to use the same resources as hundreds or thousands of normal
users, without paying for the privilege?

And make no mistake, it *is* a privilege, not a right.

Special> Third, who is really to say what should be posted in the
Special> newsgroups.?

We don't really care *what* you post, only how many times you post it.

--
Andrew.

Rebecca Ore

Sep 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/12/97

In article <34193A...@special-fx.com>, Special FX Communications
says...
> Second, anti-spammers are say we are "stealing disc space". We are not
> stealing disk space we are temporarily using is just as you are
> temporarily using is for your posts. If the space is not there to use
> then shut down all the newsgroups because noone should use the disk
> space. The ISPs don't have to carry the newsfeeds that they do they
> choose to carry them.

No, no, no. (It's the Last Stealing Resources Tango from Hell).
You really don't comprehend anything that's not concrete and physical, do
you? Spam beats up server hard drives. Really. I prefer to pay for
clean news, but my provider's servers still have to deal with all the
crap they put on the floor so I'll be happy.

Op.net's news feed is about $7 a month, which I was forced to get
since uu.net's spams the shit out of the groups it carries (and had for
a month before I was udp'ed even though I didn't realize that Anawave
Gravity would post even though it gave error messages to the contrary).
I will shortly be cancelling this uu.net connected account as I'm getting
more than a bit pissed that cynet.net doesn't filter e-mail.

I (the end user) can be made happy with technofixes, but my ISP
still has to deal with all the stuff I don't have to see. You are
stealing resources as much as anyone who decides that since he can borrow
a book and xerox it at the office is. Sorry, I don't for a nanosecond
believe anything else.

Josh (formerly known as Leet, and my apologies for calling him
Jeff, who is another semi-obnoxious under 25 guy entirely) made the point
that the commercial posts in the sex binaries groups drove out the non-
commercial posts. We still aren't sure why he doesn't really decide Ayn
Rand would have been a propertarian in this case, but there it is. Other
people have set standards as to how much any one can monopolize usenet.

--
Rebecca Ore
Briedbart 20 -- it's the limit

Digital Quartz

Sep 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/12/97

Special FX Communications wrote:

> First off, the posting to "alt.sexual.abuse.recovery" was mistake and
> was corrected when we were notified.

If you didn't bulk cross-post, you wouldn't "accidentally" post to
"alt.sexual.abuse.recovery". The fact that you do NOT EVEN KNOW what
groups you are posting to illustrates better than I possibly could that
what you are doing is incorrect. I'm not sure how many of the porn-ads
that get posted to "a.s.a.r" are (*AHEM*) mistakes, but there are many
messages posted there EVERY DAY. It's gotten OUT OF CONTROL. This base
is no longer a safe place for people who need to reach out to talk about
the things that have happened to them. Organizations like yours are the
reasons why.
For that matter, what does it matter if it was a "mistake"? How many
times do you need to rape someone for it to be a crime? Please stop
raping usenet.
And as for your claims that this has been corrected, I'll believe that
when I stop seeing your posts there and in other areas where they are
inapropriate.

If you do not read a base, do not bother posting to it. Your comments
will be without context, and hence without meaning, and will not offer
anything to the NG.

--
Digital Quartz - qua...@bigfoot.com \O
------------------------------------------------------- |-

"I knew then (in 1970) that a 4-kbyte minicomputer would cost as
much as a house. So I reasoned that after college, I'd have to
live cheaply in an apartment and put all my money into owning a
computer." -- Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak

E.Holmes

Sep 13, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/13/97

On Tue, 09 Sep 1997 15:18:54 GMT, buch...@gate.cybernex.net (Lysander
Spooner) wrote:

[...heh...]

Come on, Lysander, why don't you tell us what you *really* think.
:-D

E.Holmes
--
"It's not as if we're all totally sane ourselves, it's just that
when I foam at the mouth I stop typing.." Keith Lucas in nan-ae

Lysander Spooner

Sep 13, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/13/97

On Fri, 12 Sep 1997 08:48:33 -0400, Special FX Communications
<sp...@special-fx.com> wrote:

>First off, the posting to "alt.sexual.abuse.recovery" was mistake and
>was corrected when we were notified.

Are you saying that you accept the idea that posting to inappopriate
groups is wrong? And that you'll stop if you are notified?

>Second, anti-spammers are say we are "stealing disc space". We are not
>stealing disk space we are temporarily using is just as you are
>temporarily using is for your posts. If the space is not there to use
>then shut down all the newsgroups because noone should use the disk
>space. The ISPs don't have to carry the newsfeeds that they do they
>choose to carry them.

If I spray-paint an ad for my company on your car, I'm just
"borrowing" it, right? If you don't want it used as a billboard,
then don't park it at the mall where I can get to it!

>Third, who is really to say what should be posted in the newsgroups.?

The people who own the servers.

>In the alt.binaries.erotic... groups there is postings of pictures only and
>is the subject line then filename and maybe a brief discription, that is

>a good post, right. If we post a picture only with a filename and
>location for our site is that also a good post? It is a binary posted to
>a binary group and the only reference to the site is the URL in the
>subject line. It is the same as what everone calls a "good post". If not
>the why bother having these alt.binaries.erotica... groups....

Let me give you a simple rule-of-thumb:

Everybody who posts in Usenet does so to get a response of some sort.

Some people check for a response by looking in the newgroup they
posted to (for followups, flames, compliments, thanks for binaries
posted, other binaries posted to reciprocate, etc). These are called
"participants".

Other people check for a response by looking at the hit-counters on
their web-page. These are called "spammers".

Simple enough?

-- Rick
------------
** DEATH before spam! **

Joshua Kramer

Sep 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/14/97

>> I honestly think there are better, more ethical ways for you to
>> advertise. Yes, it might cost you some money, but I bet the the pay
>> off will be better in the long run. What do you think?
>

>If you can think of any other ways that will not rip us off (it has
>happend too many time in the past) then we would like to know.

Try the newspaper. Try direct mailings. Try Television. Try Radio. Try
a Website.

Don't try newsgroups. Don't try espamming.

--
Joshua Kramer, Student, Swarthmore College.

David Ritz

Sep 20, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/20/97

In article <341546...@special-fx.com>, sp...@special-fx.com wrote:

[...]

Dear Peter 'Spmczynski' Stuczynski,

Lets look at the situation, with the light of reality clearly blazing.

The first thing you need to do, is realize that Usenet and Internet
are not interchangeable terms. Usenet is very unlike the WWW. The
newsgroups, you spam, exit on tens of thousands of machines, all over
the world. Its not quite like buckling down and actually accessing a
URL on a single machine. You chosen to spread your manure, rather
thickly, I might add, on machines you don't own.

Now, if we can simply ignore your delusional assertion, that my friend
and associate, Howard Knight, has somehow granted immunity to someone
else's spam, what, pray tell, would keep any of the other despammers
from nuking the living daylights out of it. I seriously doubt that
_something_ like Cosmo Roadkill is even capable of ignoring spam. It
doesn't care what its about. If it surpasses the well defined
definition of cancellable spam, its history.

I do recall suggesting to you, over a period of some length, that
spamming is not something that *anyone* wants to occur. Do you try to
read any of the newsgroups you so gleefully attempt to bury in your
spamvertisements? No? I somehow didn't think so.

Is anyone out to get Peter 'spfx' Stuczynski, well known spammer? No.
I don't think that its that sort of thing at all.

Do we all want you to stop spamming, completely and forever? You bet
your sweet Adult Age Verification Service, Inc, The Greatest Inc.,
Special FX Communications, Special FX Publications, Advanced Computer
Services, and anything else I can tie you to:

Andrew Chandler (FREEVIDEOSEX-DOM) FREEVIDEOSEX.COM
Computers Custom Built (TEEN-ANNA-DOM) TEEN-ANNA.COM
Dan-X (DAN-X-DOM) DAN-X.COM
Digitalis Data Services (KNOTWORK2-DOM) KNOTWORK.NET
Dillons Entertainment Group (DILLONS-DOM) DILLONS.COM
Dillons Entertainment Group (ADULT-GUIDE-DOM) ADULT-GUIDE.COM
LoneStar Video Cyberstore (AVMM-DOM) AVMM.COM
Pleasurable Interactive Services (PLEASURENETWORK-DOM) PLEASURENETWORK.COM
Special FX Communications (SPECIAL-FX-DOM) SPECIAL-FX.COM
Special FX Communications (XXXFREE-DOM) XXXFREE.COM
Special FX Communications (CELEBRITY-NUDE2-DOM) CELEBRITY-NUDE.COM
Special FX communications (UNLIMITEDVIDEOSEX-DOM) UNLIMITEDVIDEOSEX.COM
Special FX communications (VIDEOSEXUNLIMITED-DOM) VIDEOSEXUNLIMITED.COM
Special FX communications (TEENSCHOOLGIRLS-DOM) TEENSCHOOLGIRLS.COM
Special FX communications (ALL-SEX-DOM) ALL-SEX.COM
Special FX communications (XXXPOSE2-DOM) XXXPOSE.COM
Special FX communications (ADULTAGE-DOM) ADULTAGE.COM
Sutherland Communications (HOT-SEXX-DOM) HOT-SEXX.COM
World Publishing, Inc. (HOTBABESLIVE-DOM) HOTBABESLIVE.COM

(and that's just for starters)

Now, as I explained it to your associate, Andrew "The Greatest"
Chandler, please cease and desist from posting your spew to Usenet,
until such time as you acquire a clue. If and when this occurs, post,
don't spam.

BTW -- Yes, I will post any obnoxious things you might have to say to
me in private email correspondence. I've refrained from doing so, but
anything will be fair game, should you choose to reply in any forum
other than this newsgroup. It will only further expose your complete
hypocrisy and your inability to tell a good lie.

** A 'Computer Hippy' and proud! **

David Ritz <dr...@primenet.com> Finger for PGP Public Keys
Anti-spam resources: <URL:http://spam.abuse.net>
Support the anti-Spam amendment. Join at <URL:http://www.cauce.org>