News About PSI and Tom Gartman

news.flash.net

Nov 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/23/98
Hello everybody! Its been a while since I have posted
in NANU but I read here daily. I do not enjoy flame wars
so I don't participate in your threads.

BUT.. Recently David has been spewing crap about PSI
and what it's LEGAL DEPT has done to me. Well, let me
clarify...nothing..not even a letter. Want to know why?
Because posting in the Usenet is not a crime. I never
agreed to PSI's AUP with a dial up, as I was not signed
up with them for that service. My contract was with someone
else. Why did we stop posting on from PSI net? Because we
didn't think it was fair to PSI's customer's that the net-nazis
were going to UDP them and deprive them of their services.

As a matter of record I have received 3 letters from PSI asking
me to come back to them for my connectivity. As you know the
$1695 monthly for a T-1 and the $603 monthly for the telco charges
are more expensive than co-location or the other options. I do have
you guys to thank for cutting my expenses. 8-)

All I am doing is providing a place where net-users want to go.
Anyone who monitors my counters can see that there is a big
interest in what we sell. Let them see it.

We are not into censorship or trying to control what others do, say, or
read. Here's a thought, if net users wouldn't buy our products obviously
it wouldn't be worth us playing "Wack A Weasel" with David and the rest of
the cancelors.

Lastly, everyone can flame this all they want but I will not respond. I
just wanted you guys to know what's up.

Thanks!
Tom Gartman