Bylaws ratification

Tom Knatt

Dec 28, 2009, 12:19:07 PM12/28/09
to newa...@googlegroups.com
The bylaws are hereby ratified by a vote of 16 yes and 3 no.

Those of you who wanted to propose an amendment, should send an email or paper copy of the proposed amendment to me, or to the entire board, if you prefer.
Tom

Thomas Knatt. Pres. NEW
Luthiers Workshop
687 Townsend Road
Groton MA 01450
978-448-9663
luth...@alum.mit.edu
www.ziplink.net/~tknatt
French house rental:
www.cyberrentals.com then enter
property 109740 in the property # box.

Richard Ruquist

Sep 15, 2010, 10:56:19 AM9/15/10
to newa...@googlegroups.com
Re: Article on Racewalking

Tom once told me that a 12 minute mile (5mph) is where race walking and running are equally efficient.
Apparently according to the study referenced, at a 12 mm pace, race walking is still less efficient than running. And of course my personnel experience is that the new straight leg rule is conducive to hip injury.
Note that the race walker pictured does not have a straight leg.
Richard