is xgmml supported?

Giovanni Marco Dall'Olio

Jun 8, 2009, 10:18:39 AM6/8/09
to networkx...@googlegroups.com
Hi people,
is the XGMML format:
- http://www.cs.rpi.edu/~puninj/XGMML/

supported by networkx?
It is supposed to be an enhanced version of GML, in XML, with support for node/edges attributes (http://www.cytoscape.org/cgi-bin/moin.cgi/Cytoscape_User_Manual/Network_Formats).

I am not very experienced with XML, but I would like to try it and I also need to store node/edges attributes in a format compatible with cytoscape. Do you have any plans for this format?

Cheers

--
Giovanni Dall'Olio, phd student
Department of Biologia Evolutiva at CEXS-UPF (Barcelona, Spain)

My blog on bioinformatics: http://bioinfoblog.it

Aric Hagberg

Jun 8, 2009, 8:27:06 PM6/8/09
to networkx...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 8:18 AM, Giovanni Marco
Dall'Olio<dallo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi people,
> is the XGMML format:
> - http://www.cs.rpi.edu/~puninj/XGMML/
>
> supported by networkx?
> It is supposed to be an enhanced version of GML, in XML, with support for
> node/edges attributes
> (http://www.cytoscape.org/cgi-bin/moin.cgi/Cytoscape_User_Manual/Network_Formats).
>
> I am not very experienced with XML, but I would like to try it and I also
> need to store node/edges attributes in a format compatible with cytoscape.
> Do you have any plans for this format?

XGMML format isn't currently supported but I would be happy to
include it. I'm not an expert at XML parsing but I'll open a ticket
for this if someone can contribute.

Thanks for the pointer the useful page on network formats.

Aric

Giovanni Marco Dall'Olio

Mar 12, 2013, 2:09:28 PM3/12/13
to networkx...@googlegroups.com
Seems interesting, thank you for pointing it out!
Now, let's see if this code will be included in the main networkx library. How much likely do you think this is?

Cheers,
Gio

On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 9:07 AM, Michael Schroeder <michael.p...@gmail.com> wrote:
Seems like somebody has taken the burden (didnt try it yet):

Giovanni Dall'Olio, phd student
IBE, Institut de Biologia Evolutiva, CEXS-UPF (Barcelona, Spain)

Aric Hagberg

Mar 13, 2013, 8:30:38 AM3/13/13
to networkx...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 12:09 PM, Giovanni Marco Dall'Olio
<dallo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Seems interesting, thank you for pointing it out!
> Now, let's see if this code will be included in the main networkx library.
> How much likely do you think this is?

Not likely since the code license (GPL v3) is incompatible with
NetworkX's license (BSD).

Aric

Daπid

Mar 13, 2013, 2:01:52 PM3/13/13
On 13 March 2013 13:30, Aric Hagberg <aric.h...@gmail.com> wrote:
Not likely since the code license (GPL v3) is incompatible with
NetworkX's license (BSD).

If it is interesting for Networkx it is worth try asking the author.