Cannot install PyGraphViz on Leopard

dartar

Jul 21, 2009, 6:00:42 AM7/21/09
to networkx-discuss
Hi,

I tried to install pygraphviz to access GraphViz via networkx.
Unfortunately I don't seem to be able to install it on Mac OS 10.5.7.

I tried with easy_install and I get the error below. I tried manually
compiling the sources with the path to my (working) GraphViz
installation, but the setup fail. Can anyone point me to a tutorial to
get this correctly installed?

And btw - is there an official IRC channel for networkx?

Dario

----
Trying pkg-config
Package libcgraph was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libcgraph.pc'
No package 'libcgraph' found
Package libcgraph was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libcgraph.pc'
No package 'libcgraph' found
Trying dotneato-config
Failed to find dotneato-config

Your graphviz installation could not be found.

Either the graphviz package is missing on incomplete
(binary packages graphviz-dev or graphviz-devel missing?).

If you think your installation is correct you will need to manually
change the include_path and library_path variables in setup.py to
point to the correct locations of your graphviz installation.

The current setting of library_path and include_path is:
library_path=None
include_path=None

dartar

Jul 21, 2009, 6:49:00 AM7/21/09
to networkx-discuss
Apologies,

I discovered a conflict between two different GraphViz versions
installed! The one available from www.ryandesign.com/graphviz/
installs graphviz in a different path from the official distribution.
Setting in setup.py the following paths did the job.

library_path='/usr/local/lib/graphviz'
include_path='/usr/local/include/graphviz'

Dario

Aric Hagberg

Jul 21, 2009, 7:12:07 AM7/21/09
to networkx...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 4:00 AM, dartar<dario.ta...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I tried to install pygraphviz to access GraphViz via networkx.
> Unfortunately I don't seem to be able to install it on Mac OS 10.5.7.
>
> I tried with easy_install and I get the error below. I tried manually
> compiling the sources with the path to my (working) GraphViz
> installation, but the setup fail. Can anyone point me to a tutorial to
> get this correctly installed?

It looks like PyGraphviz either couldn't figure out where your Graphviz
installation is or the installation is incomplete.

Can you tell us which Graphviz version you installed and the
path to the libraries?

Try setting the paths explicitly in the setup.py file for your setup
e.g.
# OSX (MacPorts)
library_path='/opt/local/lib/graphviz'
include_path='/opt/local/include/graphviz'

or whatever is appropriate fo you.

> And btw - is there an official IRC channel for networkx?

There isn't - but there is a mailing list:
http://groups.google.com/group/pygraphviz-discuss

Aric

Aidas Bendoraitis [aka Archatas]

Aug 28, 2009, 9:57:47 AM8/28/09
to networkx-discuss
If you are using MacPorts, you can easily install PyGraphviz by typing
sudo port install py25-pygraphviz
in the Terminal.

Best regards,
Aidas Bendoraitis

RBM

Jun 25, 2014, 12:03:47 PM6/25/14
to networkx...@googlegroups.com
Hey

Can you please explain where can i find the setup.py file to edit it.
I got this error when i try:

python: can't open file 'setup.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory

Thanks!