attachment name and type problems

Cheryl Chase

Jul 22, 2003, 7:54:28 PM7/22/03
I have installed bugzilla (2.16.3) on Redhat 9, perl 5.8.0, mysql
3.23.54. I'm accessing it using a variety of browsers (safari 1.0,
ie5.2.2, mozilla 1.4) on OSX.

When I upload an excel file named foo.xls as an attachment, bugzilla's
autodetect produces a type of "application/octet-stream". When I try to
download the attachment, it creates a file named "attachment.cgi". This
is not affected by the actual file name.

When I visit landfill.bugzilla.org/bugzilla-2.16/, the upload and
download behavior is correct (autodetected type application/vnd.ms-excel
, downloads file with name "foo.xls").

When I return to my own instance of bugzilla, and manually set the file
type to application/vnd.ms-excel, I still get the file downloaded with
name "attachment.cgi".

I'm surprised that the behavior of my instance is different from that at
the test installation (landfill.bugzilla).

Any help appreciated.

Cheryl

Jason Keen

Oct 7, 2003, 11:21:00 AM10/7/03
I have also had the same problem (same bugzilla version). Have you been
able to find a solution?

"Cheryl Chase" <che...@mathiasconsulting.com> wrote in message

Gervase Markham

Oct 8, 2003, 4:28:12 AM10/8/03
Jason Keen wrote:

> I have also had the same problem (same bugzilla version). Have you been
> able to find a solution?

This is fixed in later Bugzilla versions - we started sending the
appropriate filename-giving headers.

Gerv