mozilla lib error?

xyz

Aug 2, 2006, 2:38:48 AM8/2/06
Hi, there,

Does anyone help me to fix this problem? I use a Linux, but I am not a
superuser. I set up a mozilla in my home directory! I open it there is
some error messgage as follows:
/u/lib/i386/libjavaplugin_nscp.so: cannot open shared object file: No
such file or directory/u/lib/i386/libjavaplugin_nscp.so: cannot open
shared object file

I know this file where it is! but how to set it in mozilla! Thanks!

Cheers

John Smith

Aug 2, 2006, 3:26:49 AM8/2/06
Set your path to where your java is.
PATH=/usr/lib/java (this is mine, yours might be differrent)

xyz

Aug 2, 2006, 3:44:37 AM8/2/06
Thanks for your email.
In fact, I did it in my .bashrc file. I add a directory that includes
file libjavaplugin_nscp.so
but it does not work!

Rinaldi J. Montessi

Aug 2, 2006, 4:14:46 AM8/2/06

There are several versions of libjavaplugin. Whichever is applicable
for your system/mozilla version should be symlinked to either your
~/mozilla/plugins directory or to the system plugins directory. E.g.:

ls -gGl .mozilla/plugins/ | grep java
lrwxrwxrwx 1 57 2006-06-20 14:49 libjavaplugin_oji.so ->
/usr/lib/jre1.5.0_07/plugin/i386/ns7/libjavaplugin_oji.so*

Rinaldi
--
Everyone talks about apathy, but no one does anything about it.

xyz

Aug 2, 2006, 5:01:28 AM8/2/06
Thanks for your answer!
In fact, I setup java in my home directory and copy libjavaplugin_oji.so
into my ./mozilla/plugins/ however, problem is still there!

Rinaldi J. Montessi

Aug 2, 2006, 5:06:55 AM8/2/06

Do not copy. The java plugin requires a relative path so it must be
symlinked.

Rinaldi
--
A person is just about as big as the things that make them angry.

xyz

Aug 2, 2006, 5:35:07 AM8/2/06
Thank you very much! Yes! It works now!