Default to gray?

Fantasai

Apr 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/16/00
I was showing Mozilla to my friend, and she noted, among other things,
that the blue/green UI clashed with her website.

Nav4's gray pretty much goes with everything. Will the final release
have a similar default, or are they keeping the 'netcenter' style?

BTW, the FAQ was very helpful--thanks!

I liked very much the Aphrodite chrome screenshots, especially the
original. (The sliding-bar arcs, as opposed to the current tabs, were
very slick. And other little things like that. :)

Matthew Thomas

Apr 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/21/00
to mozil...@mozilla.org
Fantasai wrote:

> I was showing Mozilla to my friend, and she noted, among other things,
> that the blue/green UI clashed with her website.

Why am I not surprised? :-)

Just out of interest, what color scheme was the Web site using?

> Nav4's gray pretty much goes with everything. Will the final release
> have a similar default, or are they keeping the 'netcenter' style?

If Netscape is going to use a different skin, they're certainly (a)
keeping it a closely guarded secret, and (b) wasting a fair bit of time
fine-tuning a skin they're not going to use. It would certainly be a
very impressive trick to pull on the public (and on the competition) if
the current skin was just a decoy and a more attractive one was waiting
in the wings, but I can't think of any commercial reason for Netscape to
do such a thing.

So ... I hope Netscape changes to a more neutral skin, for Mozilla's
sake (since Netscape's popularity has a bearing on how much development
effort Netscape can put into Mozilla); but I fear not.

--
Matthew `mpt' Thomas, usability weenie
http://critique.net.nz/project/mozilla/

Riyana

Apr 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/22/00
I am the friend whom Fantasai was referring to in the previous message, and
theme is primarily black, with several striped backgrounds throughout.
Black has been known to clash with navy blue, and the striped backgrounds
contrast with the striped navigation bar of Mozilla.

I am probably not the only one who is experiencing this problem, since
striped backgrounds are used with some frequency on many websites.