Seamonkey nightlies and releases?

ovv...@gmail.com

Aug 26, 2005, 5:01:57 PM8/26/05
Dear Seamonkey Developers,

I am personally quite anxious to try the new Seamonkey. Does anyone
here have an idea when a proper alpha will be released (now that the
1.8 branch has been created and the number of outstanding & approved
bugs seems to be reduced to a handful)?

If that isn't to be soon, which would be a nicely stable and friendly
nightly to try? I am using an iBook with OS X 10.3.9.

Once again, thanks to everyone here for picking up the suite after
Mozilla lost interest in developing it.

Best wishes,
Oscar

Boris Zbarsky

Aug 26, 2005, 5:40:52 PM8/26/05
ovv...@gmail.com wrote:
> I am personally quite anxious to try the new Seamonkey. Does anyone
> here have an idea when a proper alpha will be released

I believe the hope is to release one based on the Gecko 1.8b4 beta once that
happens. Before that can happen, though, SeaMonkey branch tinderboxes need to
get set up; it's being worked on.

So a few weeks timeframe, with any luck.

> If that isn't to be soon, which would be a nicely stable and friendly
> nightly to try? I am using an iBook with OS X 10.3.9.

I don't believe there are 1.8 branch SeaMonkey nightlies yet, since there is no
tinderbox.

-Boris

ovv...@gmail.com

Aug 26, 2005, 6:36:58 PM8/26/05
So, exactly what are the nightlies that are advertised on the home
page? Trunk (1.9alpha) builds? Or something alltogether different?

Would a build from just before the reopening of the trunk be any good?

Frank Wein

Aug 26, 2005, 7:57:20 PM8/26/05
ovv...@gmail.com wrote:
> So, exactly what are the nightlies that are advertised on the home
> page? Trunk (1.9alpha) builds? Or something alltogether different?

Right, that are trunk builds.

> Would a build from just before the reopening of the trunk be any good?

Well, then you would miss the changes on the branch ;) (there were
already some). As Boris said, we really hope to get the tinderboxen set
up soon.

Frank

Bob

Aug 26, 2005, 11:27:36 PM8/26/05
ovv...@gmail.com wrote:
> Dear Seamonkey Developers,
>
> I am personally quite anxious to try the new Seamonkey. Does anyone
> here have an idea when a proper alpha will be released (now that the
> 1.8 branch has been created and the number of outstanding & approved
> bugs seems to be reduced to a handful)?
>
> If that isn't to be soon, which would be a nicely stable and friendly
> nightly to try? I am using an iBook with OS X 10.3.9.

I've been using an 8-17 nightly and it was great for a while. Now it is
starting to crash a bit though and I am worried. Anyway, go ahead and
try 8-17. It's truly impressive!
Nigerian "romance scam": Nigerian crooks using dating sites, Yahoo chat
rooms and Yahoo messenger to con people. Using fake profiles with photos
of real models, they "romance" both men and women and then con them.
Join the group to learn more.

Никулин Павел Иванович

Aug 27, 2005, 2:27:22 AM8/27/05
What about new features. I think that we need to add new features to
browser. It is better to begin from adding smart bookmarks from galeon
or formatting tricks from opera

ovv...@gmail.com

Aug 27, 2005, 4:35:40 AM8/27/05
I personally feel that doing well what you do is better than doing more
things. At least in software that I heavily rely on.

Of course, if seamonkey works nicely with extensions, this problem
would be solved: if you need extra features, get the extension. If it
proves to be really stable and popular, council can decide to integrate
it.