Spawning browser loses cut/paste/arrow navigation

Kenneth Porter

Oct 27, 2005, 2:22:50 PM10/27/05
My email client is Mulberry. If I click on a link in Mulberry in Win32, it
spawns a new browser instance. This new browser no longer recognizes
cut/paste operations and the arrow keys don't work in text fields in forms.
If I copy a region back in Mulberry, all this stuff starts working again
back in Seamonkey. Is this a known issue?

Boris Zbarsky

Oct 27, 2005, 2:28:21 PM10/27/05

What build are you using?

-Boris

Kenneth Porter

Oct 27, 2005, 3:51:56 PM10/27/05
Boris Zbarsky <bzba...@mit.edu> wrote in news:djr686$5p61
@ripley.aoltw.net:

> What build are you using?

1.0a on WinXPSP2. I see the same thing with Mozilla suite 1.8b on Win2kSP4.
I just tried this with Seamonkey from the command line to eliminate
Mulberry as an issue and indeed see the same problem. To reproduce, enter
at the WinXP command prompt,

cd "\Program Files\mozilla.org\SeaMonkey"
seamonkey.exe -url "http://google.com"

(This is what's listed in the registry as the command to handle HTTP.)

In the Google search field, type "aaa", then try to use the left arrow to
text from another app, and the arrow starts working again in the form.

Boris Zbarsky

Oct 27, 2005, 4:39:53 PM10/27/05
Kenneth Porter wrote:
> 1.0a on WinXPSP2.

But which build? That is, which exact date in the build ID? There was a bug
like this fixed a few weeks ago....

> I see the same thing with Mozilla suite 1.8b on Win2kSP4.

Again, which build id?

-Boris

ovv...@gmail.com

Oct 28, 2005, 1:58:19 AM10/28/05
> But which build? That is, which exact date in the build ID? There was a bug
> like this fixed a few weeks ago....
>
> > I see the same thing with Mozilla suite 1.8b on Win2kSP4.
>
> Again, which build id?

I have had it on the Mac, using build 2005091400 (SeaMonkey 1.0alpha).

I hope it is fixed, that bug irritates the crap out of me.

Best wishes,
Oscar

Boris Zbarsky

Oct 28, 2005, 8:40:57 AM10/28/05
ovv...@gmail.com wrote:
> I have had it on the Mac, using build 2005091400 (SeaMonkey 1.0alpha).

The bug I was thinking of that had symptoms identical to what you describe was
fixed on October 3.

-Boris

Kenneth Porter

Oct 28, 2005, 12:32:03 PM10/28/05

> But which build? That is, which exact date in the build ID? There
> was a bug like this fixed a few weeks ago....

Sorry, I was using the "release" build on the main web page. With help from
the IRC channel yesterday I investigated the latest 1.0 and 1.1 builds and
the issue is gone. 1.1 was too unstable for me, crashing a couple of times,
but 1.0 seems ok.

ovv...@gmail.com

Oct 28, 2005, 2:36:39 PM10/28/05
That is very good news :). But that leaves another question: when can
we expect a Seamonkey 1.0 beta? Or are 1.0 nightlies at least as stable
as the alpha release? I would like to use a fixed version but not put
myself on the bleeding edge entirely...

ovv...@gmail.com

Oct 30, 2005, 3:41:32 PM10/30/05
I found a branch build (1.0b 2005102723) via the Wiki pages, which
seems to play nice. But the nightlies link on the project page at
mozilla.org only points to the more advanced|unstable trunk builds.
Maybe not the best to put on such a visible page..