[ADMIN] mozilla-performance is moving!

Dave Miller

Jan 21, 2006, 7:18:07 AM1/21/06
It should be no secret these days that the Mozilla Foundation and its related projects are no longer a pet project of Netscape, yet the newsgroups we are using for public discussions still bear the Netscape name. We've been planning for years to move from netscape.public.mozilla.* to just mozilla.*, and the time has finally come!

In August, we announced a partnership with Giganews Newsgroups (http://www.giganews.com/) to provide NNTP services for our news.mozilla.org domain. It's taken a few months of planning to make it happen, but we're now in the process of moving all of those newsgroups over to the new hierarchy.

For general information and frequently asked questions about the move to the new news and list servers, see http://www.mozilla.org/community/giganews-migration.html

This group will be moving to a new newsgroup and new mailing list:

Old newsgroup: netscape.public.mozilla.performance
New newsgroup: mozilla.dev.performance

When is it moving?

This group will be moving in the afternoon (PST) on Sunday, January 22.

What do you need to do to maintain your subscriptions?

If you read this newsgroup via NNTP, you will need to change your subscriptions manually after today to point at mozilla.dev.performance. Please note that at this time, these newsgroups will NOT be propagated to Usenet in general, so you must be using news.mozilla.org to access them (see the FAQ link near the top of this message).

If you read this list via the email list, your subscription will automatically be moved for you to the new mailing list. You may need to adjust your mail filters if you filter your list mail.

Dave Miller
System Administrator, Mozilla Corporation
http://www.mozilla.com/