prime, Prime, tprime, & qprime as postfix operators

William F Hammond

Jan 2, 2006, 2:31:18 PM1/2/06
Dear Friends,

Browsing through the testsuite, I find Firefox 1.5 almost perfect!
In some cases it's showing up errors in the sample images, e.g.,
Presentation/TokenElements/mi/mimathvariant14.png (displayed in
mimathvariant.xml).

I'm finding inconsistency in the current rendering of the following
presentation language:

<math xmlns="&mathml;">
<mo>+</mo>
<mo>+</mo>
</math>

&Prime; and &tprime; as postfix operators are by default raised, while
&prime; is not. My recollection is that &prime; was also raised in
the early days of Mozilla MathML. In fact, see the 6th term in
the testsuite image:
http://www.w3.org/Math/testsuite/testsuite/Topics/Primes/primes1.xml

Is the inconsistency intentional?

-- Bill

P.S. I wonder if it might not also be reasonable to provide raising